118 replies to this topic

#21 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

We're already up to 21 confirmed crawlers according to the FB page, and we still have practically two months to go.

Oh yeah, and it looks like my gang will be in 215 for the game. Same section we were in for St. Pat's last year, coincidentally.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#22 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:38 PM

We're already up to 21 confirmed crawlers according to the FB page, and we still have practically two months to go.

It appears that somebody canceled that facebook event. I'm sure that will have no bearing on the actual bar crawl, though it would have been nice to see some of the faces before starting.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#23 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:19 AM

It appears that somebody canceled that facebook event. I'm sure that will have no bearing on the actual bar crawl, though it would have been nice to see some of the faces before starting.

Oh jeez, I totally forgot that page even existed. Yeah, my buddy created a FB page for the crawl way back in October and that's the one that got deleted. There's a new one, I'll post the link when I get home.
Posted Image

#24 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

I may try and catch up with you all at the last stop for a pint and some grub, but I'll have my 8 year old in tow so I'm not crawling :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#25 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:04 PM

The FB page for the bar crawl that lastone linked to in the second post of this thread is the one that's still alive and kickin'. Clickity click.
Posted Image

#26 devsin4

devsin4

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

simple fact:Dont jeopardise someone's bread and butter(thier liquor license) for your own jollies. Some of these bar owners put up thier life savings to make it in this world. If youre under 21 STAY OUT! nOBODY WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOUR PUNKASS anyway.

#27 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

simple fact:Dont jeopardise someone's bread and butter(thier liquor license) for your own jollies. Some of these bar owners put up thier life savings to make it in this world. If youre under 21 STAY OUT! nOBODY WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOUR PUNKASS anyway.

Alright buddy :rolleyes: yeah you're right i'll just go and watch everyone else :koolaid:
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:54 AM

in all fairness, if they don't ID him then it's just as much their fault as it is his. there are rules and regulations to abide by when you have a liquor license so if you don't card when you're supposed to, you subject yourself to tons of trouble.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#29 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:25 AM

in all fairness, if they don't ID him then it's just as much their fault as it is his. there are rules and regulations to abide by when you have a liquor license so if you don't card when you're supposed to, you subject yourself to tons of trouble.

Not my fault at all if they don't ID me, I feel.. If I walked into Pru Center for a game and they didn't check to see if I had a ticket would it be my fault? It's wrong, but who's fault is it that I got away with it?.. In any event, it's illegal we know so it's not a debate.. Let's drop it

:gd:

Edited by Colin226, 28 January 2010 - 02:28 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:44 AM

Dude, come to Albany. I can point you toward a few bars that have a reputation for not giving a crap... (Allegedly, that is.)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#31 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:58 AM

Not my fault at all if they don't ID me, I feel..

it's not your fault they didn't ID you, but you're still doing something illegal and jeopardizing the bar by going in underage and attempting to purchase and consume alcohol. so yeah, both parties are still at fault. i'm not trying to get into some huge debate here -- you can do what you want obviously and i've just said from the start to be careful. as a lot of people know here, i got banned from the CAA over a stupid misunderstanding involving alcohol. i was of age, the people i was with weren't. i asked a girl to hold my beer for me while i peed and she ran off with it. looked like an exchange to security and they tagged me real quick. regardless of the misunderstanding, i was at fault for asking her to hold it for me. i should have known better. ah well -- not like i wasn't back at the arena the very next game (and every game after that) anyway ha.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#32 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

I remember walking into a bar in the Bronx 35 years ago and getting a draft beer for 35 cents. I was 13 LOL.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#33 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:36 AM

Since this has devolved into an underage drinking thread ....

Dude, come to Albany. I can point you toward a few bars that have a reputation for not giving a crap... (Allegedly, that is.)

There was a bar by my college that was notorious for this too. They IDed at the door, but it was just for show. For instance, an underage white girl got in with an Indian guy's Rowan ID (which didn't even have a birthdate on it, just name and photo). As long as you handed them something, anything, they'd let you in. I think they got busted once or twice, but the extra money they made from selling to minors paid the fines and then some.

I think the place just got bulldozed for a campus expansion thingy. Damn shame. They had the greatest deal in the history of bars: Dollar-U-Call-It on Saturday nights. Beers, mixed drinks, shots ... everything was just $1. May it R.I.P.
Posted Image

#34 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:42 AM

there was this club is nanuet ny we used to go to. it was such an awful place, but it was great because they didn't give a sh!t about underage drinking. did the same thing -- IDed you at the door and gave you a wristband, then once you were in you could go right up to the bars and they didn't care if you were 12 or 21. i think it might have finally been shut down for good though, i know it had been a couple times. i just tried to go to the domain and it's a dead site so0o...

#35 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

I have to admit it, if I owned one of those "look the other way"-type places I'd be a nervous wreck. All it takes is one accident, then the either the underage drinker or a friend of his (if the underage drinker actually dies) ratting out the bar that served him...man, the lawsuits...I can't imagine dealing with that. I'm not even talking about drunk driving accidents...as we know booze can lead to fights, and all it takes is for one guy to throw a punch, and the guy who gets hit to then slip on a spilled drink, crack his skull and die. Now imagine that something like that happens in your establishment, and one of the participants is underage and shouldn't have even been there in the first place?! Yikes.

Everyday you're open for business, you're rolling the dice on your future. I know there are people who do it, and maybe it's because they think it's the only way they can stay in business or remain profitable, but damn...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#36 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

Yeah I know people who go to Fordham and they say the bars there serve anyone.. But down here at TCNJ they are super strict about checking.. Although I'm sure I could go to Camden or Philly and get served.. I guess cities are more lax

Wow banned from CAA for that? Harsh.. I've held beers for people before.. I guess she looked way to young
Posted Image

#37 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

Yeah I know people who go to Fordham and they say the bars there serve anyone.. But down here at TCNJ they are super strict about checking.. Although I'm sure I could go to Camden or Philly and get served.. I guess cities are more lax

Wow banned from CAA for that? Harsh.. I've held beers for people before.. I guess she looked way to young

i know philly is somewhat of an exception (i'd assume the same for camden but i've never been to a bar there), but a lot of cities are super strict about IDing. you can't even try to get into a bar here in chicago if you don't have ID. granted, there are certain sections that will be a LITTLE more lax (as in any city i'm sure), but lots of neighborhoods will card. out of the entire city, i'd say wrigleville is the strictest -- right around the baseball field and surrounding areas is a lot of nightlife and sports bars (obviously), they don't mess around.

and yeah, i got banned lol. it was more because she ran away with the beer so it looked like i was handing it off to her. apparently she saw an old friend or something walk by and ran after to talk to them. we even had mug shots taken at the little arena jail section ha.

#38 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

nice attitude 226. its wrong and i know it but i got away with it so i do it anyway and its not my fault. the youth of america gets better each day. i bet your parents are so proud of their underage drinking son who obviously cant tell wrong from right.

... says the one perfect law-abiding person in the country who never drank before turning 21, never drove five MPH over the speed limit, never rolled through a stop sign, never jaywalked ...
Posted Image

#39 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:15 PM

I have to admit it, if I owned one of those "look the other way"-type places I'd be a nervous wreck.

those owners have massive blinders in the form of dollar bill signs over their eyes to even care or worry about underage drinkers ha.

#40 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:22 PM

and yeah, i got banned lol. it was more because she ran away with the beer so it looked like i was handing it off to her. apparently she saw an old friend or something walk by and ran after to talk to them. we even had mug shots taken at the little arena jail section ha.

omg.. how long were you banned for? not that it matters now hahaha
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users