GDT: Washington Crapitals @ New Jersey Devils

TheMazz

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Tedenby is pretty much done. Matteau looks so much better than him. I say keep Matteau and burn one yr of his ELC and send Teddy back to the AHL when Henrique comes back or package him in a deal.

They still have Darche hanging around, I think he'll be signed when Matteau's five games are up. Henrique is Tedenby's replacement, and not a moment too soon.

Sorry Teddy, you are not cutting it. I thought he had gotten stronger but he just keeps getting beat by strength in the corners. Package him with a defenseman for trade!

Tedenby's lucky if he'd be claimed on waivers at this point

Anyone else waiting for Stevens to rip off the glasses and business suit, and have a cape and spandex superhero suit on underneath

I feel like his job should be to just stare daggers at teh other team's bench to freak them the hell out

Was great to finally be back at the Rock since last year's playoffs. It was a great win. I like this team, but the penalties are getting a bit too much and annoying. We gotta clean that sh!t up. Teddy sucks.. Sorry, he's just not what I hoped. I tried to like him and defend him, but he's not cutting it. GET BOBBY RYAN!

Greene is so annoying every year to me. He ALWAYS seems like he has to relearn hockey every dang season! What gives? Will he have enough time ti learn everythign again before the end of the season? And it's always a new little thing he's learning -- when he's learning somethign new EVERYTHING goes out the flipping window... it's so annoying. He's so weird! It's not even like he's scraping by. I just hope that he gets it all together and learns his position en toto and we dont have to deal with this awful flux place he gets himself in. EVERY YEAR.

Thanks to Marty we got this win. So great to see him playing so strongly, hope he can maintain. Team looks really sloppy at times, but most of the teams around the league are in the same spot. Having only three games over the first week was good and bad. With Marty being Marty it will help I think with our conditioning. By the end of this next stretch they hopefully will have gelled and be the devils we know.

Tendenby looked great in the first game but is already back to being a liability in the corners and defensively. He's not that good offensively to make it worth the chance. Greene, send him packing. Volchenkov will hopefully get stronger and back to being a strong hitter and solid d man, still have hope for him. Everyone else looks good, some really good. JJ looked great and brought Gionta along on some great plays and gives us a nice young high energy line. Matteau looks really good, not playing like a kid. I trust him more than Tedenby already but contract wise it makes sense to send him back. He's earned a spot but from a business aspect he can still be replaced for this shortened season and remain under Devils control an extra year.

Team looks like it can really co me together and be a team which is how they always have won in the past. Kovy played some strong hockey both ways, loving it. Hope he can sustain. Poor Ovechkin, shame to see him hit a wall this hard.

So is it possible this year for us to be a team that opponents are relieved to take penalties against and loathe getting short handed opportunities against? That seems to be the way it is so far this season, PK is nasty, PP can hardly hold the puck in the offensive zone

Thanks to Marty we got this win. So great to see him playing so strongly, hope he can maintain. Team looks really sloppy at times, but most of the teams around the league are in the same spot. Having only three games over the first week was good and bad. With Marty being Marty it will help I think with our conditioning. By the end of this next stretch they hopefully will have gelled and be the devils we know.

Tendenby looked great in the first game but is already back to being a liability in the corners and defensively. He's not that good offensively to make it worth the chance. Greene, send him packing. Volchenkov will hopefully get stronger and back to being a strong hitter and solid d man, still have hope for him. Everyone else looks good, some really good. JJ looked great and brought Gionta along on some great plays and gives us a nice young high energy line. Matteau looks really good, not playing like a kid. I trust him more than Tedenby already but contract wise it makes sense to send him back. He's earned a spot but from a business aspect he can still be replaced for this shortened season and remain under Devils control an extra year.

Team looks like it can really co me together and be a team which is how they always have won in the past. Kovy played some strong hockey both ways, loving it. Hope he can sustain. Poor Ovechkin, shame to see him hit a wall this hard.

Lol you must have some grudge against Greene as only you and maybe one other person here thinks he should be sent packing. This isn't the first time you posted that about him for no reason.

Edited by DevsMan84

So is it possible this year for us to be a team that opponents are relieved to take penalties against and loathe getting short handed opportunities against? That seems to be the way it is so far this season, PK is nasty, PP can hardly hold the puck in the offensive zone

The Devils' power play generated 12 shots last night in 9 minutes of power play time, that's pretty goddamn good.

Not a huge grudge, I think he is a decent D man but I personally think he is more of a third pairing guy who had some upsides offensively. I don't think he has been consistent enough on d or o to keep some of the other guys out of the line up. That's really all. Would rather have a younger guy in his spot improving every game and get something back for him. I think if the inconsistency continues to show his value drops. That's really it. Don't hate him but don't think he is the guy for us either, might as well get a pick for him.

Lol you must have some grudge against Greene as only you and maybe one other person here thinks he should be sent packing. This isn't the first time you posted that about him for no reason.

Don't get me wrong -- I like him a lot - he just drives me nuts. He's not even inconsistant exactly -- he's just so fine line. I think maybe it's that he's not sure of his own capabilities ?? It's like he knows what to do i think. he has the skill to do it... I just wonder - it's as if he's underestimating something - his estimation of what he's going to do or where he'll get - for me sometimes it feels like he's considering stuff he shouldn't have to consider now. he should trust every aspect of his capabilities is the thing. We all do, but there is sometimes this delay - I think he's just maybe thinking too hard? It all goes away after a certain point -- but - to me he seems quite smart. I just dont know what I'm seeing or how to fix it or really honesty if it even needs fixing... I'm a fixer though. What's worse is a fixer to what I think is right -- which I know isn't right for everyone.

Not a huge grudge, I think he is a decent D man but I personally think he is more of a third pairing guy who had some upsides offensively. I don't think he has been consistent enough on d or o to keep some of the other guys out of the line up. That's really all. Would rather have a younger guy in his spot improving every game and get something back for him. I think if the inconsistency continues to show his value drops. That's really it. Don't hate him but don't think he is the guy for us either, might as well get a pick for him.

See I disagree with this - it's not that vital - not that fatal of a flaw (whatever it is I repeat - I have no clue). He's a Devil for SURE. That's what makes him as good as he is. He'd not be so good on another team - not enough mental room on most clubs. I dont think people could tell him what was going so right on other clubs. We have a thinking coaching staff thanks to Lou -- always have. Most important tool in hockey is your brain. Which is why it's so tricky to get a real dynasty going! I love lou. I LOVE Lou you guys. I look forward to every season but hate it too because that much time has past.... :(

MORE EDITING :P I don't know what I'll do without Lou. We'll see how Larry does this season. Neidermayer.. he's so passionless - btu if he made up his mind to enjoy hockey - he coudl run things. I see his thoughts so I'm sure he can. Stevens I'm not so sure. I dont see the depth of his thinking - not that it's not there I mean it doesn't jump out at me because he's sincerely understated not plain old reticent like Neids is.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Greene is expendable and good enough to bring back a forward that this team needs. One thing about trading him is he does seem to be a part of the teams closeness factor. In fact, all of the 6 starting D appear to be in the pack. The Devils are having success because they are playing like they care for one another. If you look at the talent of this team from top to bottom there many teams with far better talent. These guys like each other. They want to win for each other. That's why I think when Lou finally makes a deal it's going to be young players that get traded. He's going to mortgage 1 or 2 of Urbom, Gelinas, Merrill, Burlon, Scarlett, and on... I think it's going to be Urbom and Gelinas that go (which sucks cause think they are both going to be very good).

Remember Herb Brooks's adage... it's not about having the best players it's about having the right ones...