Which should Lou do first?

SC Devs Fan

Just a debate over which is more important... personally, I think Elias makes the coaching staff look good, I'd go after him and ask his input for the new coach.

Elias is no doubt the first priority. Get him locked up, and take care of Gomer and Little G. I would say the coach is the 4th priority after those 3 guys. Sadly, I think we may have watched Langs play his last game as a Devil tonight. I just don't know if we'll have the cap room at this point.

You're right about Langs. I hope not though, he came through big time in these playoffs.

He is a guy you keep around. 2 Stanley Cups, double digits in points in the playoffs in only 9 games. Great defensively. Good point shot.

I hope we don't let him get away. But where is the money?

You're right about Langs. I hope not though, he came through big time in these playoffs.

He is a guy you keep around. 2 Stanley Cups, double digits in points in the playoffs in only 9 games. Great defensively. Good point shot.

No one wants to see Langs re-sign more than me- but the money just doesn't appear to be there when you talk about taking care of Patty, Gomez, and Gionta. Plus, we need to find a 2nd line center as well. If Lou can pull it off, kudos to him big-time, but there will be a few teams that will be able to offer Langs a lot more money than us, unfortunately.

How do you guys think the D shakes out? Klee gone for sure. Does Lou keep Luko? Abby retires for sure. Does he go after a speedy D man?

Lukowich has a year on his deal- he'll be back. Klee- gone. Albelin- probably gone. As far as a d-man in FA- it's way down the list right now I think, as much as I would like to add someone. $$$$$$$.

It'll be such a shame to see Langenbrunner go. He's got to be a fan favorite.

What a hard worker... the Devils are down 3-1 and he's still racing after pucks as fast as he can.

Koz and Rass are the remaining unrestricteds.

Gio, Gomer, Hale, Martin and Whitey are RFA.

Abby, Patty, Klee, Koz, Langs and Rass are UFA.

Play a little sign/dont sign/wont sign?

Gio, Gomer, Hale, Martin, Patty, White (aka the 'stache): sign

Abby: retires

Klee, Kozlov, Langs, Rass: gone

First order of business is getting the NHL decision on Malakhov and Mogilny. That might make some decisions for him.

We can wait on a coach. Next practice isn't until September. I got a feeling that if Pat is feeling up to it, the job is still his.

Signing Elias is a no brainer, that's priority #1,( and it goes without saying he gets the "C") Langs can go, he was great for us in our '03 cup (as was Freisen) but how many times did he miss the net with his shots?

Langs will end up in Dallas, so maybe Jason Arnott can come back, be re-united with Elias? Arnott is a good faceoff man and he is big, something we dearly missed against the Crappycanes, and who knows, maybe we can ship Kozlov to the Rangers for Sykora?

Klee can get lost, utterly useless, I have always liked Jovocop, we could also look at Foote, depends on their contracts, we certainly need a #1 D-man.

Koz and Rass are the remaining unrestricteds.

Gio, Gomer, Hale, Martin and Whitey are RFA.

Part of me hopes someone swoops in and takes White off of our hands.

Abby, Patty, Klee, Koz, Langs and Rass are UFA.

Play a little sign/dont sign/wont sign?

Sign Elias. So-long to the rest. I like Langs, but this team needs a guy who'll put the puck in the net more often than every odd month.

<JESTER>

There is no way Arnott & his salary comes here - certainly not without big trade.

I think Langs stays. Lou loves those Team USA guys.

And Rass stays too.

Going: Klee, Abby, Sarge (sad but true), Koz.

Sheesh, after 4 total goals in the 4 playoff games we lost -- we need to further adjust to the new NHL and get some more scoring.