2009-2010 New York Jets Thread

RockingTheRed81

Sanchez needs to be coached up, just like any other young player.... good coaching can fix a lot of problems. I get the idea the Jets have no idea what they're doing with him.

I agree with Manta that Sanchez has the talent...but I think you're right too. I'm worried about the staff letting him run amok so far, they really need to put a foot down. Heck, they should have done it preemptively the way Jacques did with Bergfors, maybe then Sanchez would actually be going forwards instead of backwards.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hero of the Game: Rex Ryan. smiley-gen078.gif *I didn't agree with the day off he gave the defense on Tuesday. *I didn't agree with the Code System he implemented for the Hotdog. *I didn't agree with demoting Rhodes. BOY was I wrong. The result? A brilliantly managed game by Sanchez. 76`Comp%... 4 interceptions & 5 sacks from the defense... and a statement game from Kerry Rhodes, 2 picks! Yeah... it'll be a while before I question 'RR again.

Goat of the Game: Dustin Keller. smiley-gen073.gif Despite netting 70 yrds on 4 catches, his fumble was inexcusable. GO DOWN! Take a knee. You (nor anyone) has a shot against 3 players. This game didn't need to be as close as it was. The Jets punch in that touchdown, it's a 21-3 game. Instead we walked away with nothing on the drive, and Carolina takes over @ their 20. Rule of thumb next time Dustin.. Go Down!

----

*Ellis: -5 sacks in 9 games.. a forced fumble.. a Safety. Solid DE. (at 32 years old, I'm very pleased with how's he looked) Keep it up old man.

*Feely: -70 points off his leg. Missed only 3 FG's all year, and has hit some long one's (including a 55yrd) I didn't think he had in him. Reliable kicker.

*T. Jones: -Boy do I owe him an apology. He's probably going to nab 1,400 yrds & 15 TD's by years end. Currently 3rd in AFC rushing yrds. Playing awesome

*J`Co: -Coming off his best game since Week 3, Cotch knows no limits. The guys going to break 1,000 yrds this season... despite missing 3 games. He's arguably the best route-running receiver in the NFL, and (no offence Braylon) he's STILL the Jets #1.

You forgot Revis, the best player on this team.

Darrelle is having another Probowl year. He's ranked 4th in INT's in the AFC (behind Byrd, Joseph, & Bodden) and opposing teams offenses, are actually afraid of throwing in his direction throughout games. In an era where "Shutdown-Corner" gets thrown around too often.. Revis is exactly that.

~EDIT: Danny Woodhead's catch in the 4th quarter for the 1st down, was arguably the biggest play of the game. Had the Jets not converted that set of downs, Carolina gets the ball back.. with momentum.. excellent field position.. 1 possession game.. and plenty of time. Gamebreaking play.

Edited by Beezer34

Darrelle is having another Probowl year. He's ranked 4th in INT's in the AFC (behind Byrd, Joseph, & Bodden) and opposing teams offenses, are actually afraid of throwing in his direction throughout games. In an era where "Shutdown-Corner" gets thrown around too often.. Revis is exactly that.

Agreed. Only recently is he getting his due. Teams are starting to avoid him like the plague.

• 2 weeks later...

terrell-owens-bills-jets-darrelle-revis-830b1229883c379a_large.jpg

*W.W.W.

*Wearing the *White, *Works! You want to talk about karma, luck, & superstition? Well here's some good ju`ju for Rex Ryan to chew on... -The Jets are 4-1 this season when sporting the white-pants\white-jersey combo. Let's take a page out of the Cowboys book... DON THE WHITEOUT UNI's 24\7! Not the green-pants\white-jersey combo.. Not the white-pants\green-jersey combo.. and Not the green-pants\green-jersey combo. All White! Clean & Mean that's the motto. Make the opposing team think an avalanche is coming for them. It almost looks like the Colts when they do the whiteout. (being that Indy & the Jets helmets are both white also) Instill fear, make it the teams' M.O. They've lost only 1 time this season when wearing them, and 1 time (Chargers) last season when wearing them. Rock the White! You have to wear the away white's anyway when you're the road team, and when you're the home team.. you can wear whatever hell you want. Dallas has been doing the same thing for a hundred years.

Gang Green White!

...no clue, and I couldn't care less to be honest with you. The Titans uni's are hideous. I believe this is the final season the Jets were obligated to wear them. (thank God)

I'd much rather see the dark hunter green jersey's (and green helmets) with the black trim, they sported from 80's & 90's if they are to do future throwbacks. Those rocked! :rock:

display_image.jpg

I heard Francesa say this week that he thinks the Jets have a good chance to win their last three games. He's high on veal parmigiana. They're not winning all three, I'll place that bet.

The Jets will have trouble beating Indy on the road if Bert Jones plays.

+1 i said the same thing. I just hope the last 2 jets games i will be able to attend for a while (new stadium ticket prices are insane and cant afford that sh!t) will be wins, that maybe squeak ourselves into the playoffs. I am going this sunday, and then the game Jan3, which is my birthday. nothing better than a jets win on my birthday. i hope..

+1 i said the same thing. I just hope the last 2 jets games i will be able to attend for a while (new stadium ticket prices are insane and cant afford that sh!t) will be wins, that maybe squeak ourselves into the playoffs. I am going this sunday, and then the game Jan3, which is my birthday. nothing better than a jets win on my birthday. i hope..

Enjoy it!

I heard Francesa say this week that he thinks the Jets have a good chance to win their last three games. He's high on veal parmigiana. They're not winning all three, I'll place that bet.

The Jets will have trouble beating Indy on the road if Bert Jones plays.

Francesa knows nothing about Football. I listen to his Sunday Morning NFL show and he contradicts himself ever week depending where the wind is blowing.

Phil Simms is great to listen too though.

*Week 5. vs Miami — Jets lose by 4 points in final 3 seconds of the game.

*Week 6. vs Buffalo — Jets lose by 3 points in overtime.

*Week 8. vs Miami — Jets lose by 5 points in final 4 seconds of the game.

*Week 10. vs Jaguars — Jets lose by 2 points in final 2 seconds of the game.

*Week 15. vs Atlanta — Jets lose by 3 points with 1 minute left in the game.

...5 of the Jets 7 loses, lost by 5 points or less. (in the closing minute and\or seconds of the game) :rofl: You gotta laugh. If you don't, you'll cry.

~EDIT: Jets' average margin of defeat this season? 5.8 points! We're losing games (on an average) by less than one touchdown a week! :mellow:

Edited by Beezer34

I froze my balls off for this sh!t? It was an embarrasment. I give up. It's so hard to be a Jets fan, especially when i have invested so much money to this mickey mouse organization, with tickets and merch. I left the stadium sick to my stomach, dejected, and just demoralized knowing that everything happened that we needed, and all we had to do waas win, and once again, we fvck ourselves. ugh. After the CIN game, that will be the last Jets game I attend unless i get free tickets or hit the fvcking lottery because i will not contribute to the new stadium in any way, they can shove it up their fvcking asses, Woody with his little fvcking baseball cap, when he drives the real fans, the ones who will make it out to the stadium on a day like today, frigid and on an aftermath of a snow storm that snowed a lot of people in, but still show up for their team, but honestly whats the point? Losing season after losing season, heartbreak after heartbreak. Im fvcking done, fvck you Jets, sell the fvcking team, im done.

I froze my balls off for this sh!t? It was an embarrasment. I give up. It's so hard to be a Jets fan, especially when i have invested so much money to this mickey mouse organization, with tickets and merch. I left the stadium sick to my stomach, dejected, and just demoralized knowing that everything happened that we needed, and all we had to do waas win, and once again, we fvck ourselves. ugh. After the CIN game, that will be the last Jets game I attend unless i get free tickets or hit the fvcking lottery because i will not contribute to the new stadium in any way, they can shove it up their fvcking asses, Woody with his little fvcking baseball cap, when he drives the real fans, the ones who will make it out to the stadium on a day like today, frigid and on an aftermath of a snow storm that snowed a lot of people in, but still show up for their team, but honestly whats the point? Losing season after losing season, heartbreak after heartbreak. Im fvcking done, fvck you Jets, sell the fvcking team, im done.

"Losing season after losing season."?? From 2000-now, they have only had losing seasons in 2003 (6-10), 2005 (4-12), and 2007 (4-12). 6 winning seasons, and 3 losing seasons so far this decade. Even if they finish 8-8 this year, 6 winning seasons, 1 .500 season, and 3 losing seasons is not terrible. I realize not much has happened in terms of playoffs, but there are many teams that would kill to boast that type of regular season over the course of a decade....

I realize not much has happened in terms of playoffs, but there are many teams that would kill to boast that type of regular season over the course of a decade....

Doubtful. :lol:

But I do believe that many of us Jet fans overplay the "long-suffering" card. That being said, I can't kill losdiablos' decision to stop paying for Jets tickets. If he's had enough, then he's had enough. I wouldn't pay it either.

But I do believe that many of us Jet fans overplay the "long-suffering" card. That being said, I can't kill losdiablos' decision to stop paying for Jets tickets. If he's had enough, then he's had enough. I wouldn't pay it either.

I can see not paying for the tickets, sure. But you would think the Jets finished 4-12 or worse every season for the past 8 years. They have had many winning seasons and some playoff berths. They even spanked Peyton and the Colts not too long ago...

Yes and no...are the Jets 'long-suffering' compared to Cleveland, New Orleans, Atlanta (who hasn't even had back-to-back winning seasons), no.

But where the Jets probably even have those teams beat is the constant tease. They used to be mind-numbingly inept for a long-while but in the early-mid '80's and since Parcells came year after year they take you to the brink of thinking they're going to do something only to fail in the most gut-wrenching fashion.

They take you to the brink of thinking they're going to do something only to fail in the most gut-wrenching fashion.

Last year was a perfect example of that. And the 1998 team was so close before they fumbled away the Super Bowl in Denver.

I just don't like the excessive bellyaching of the long-suffering martyrs who wear Jets jerseys.

Once the field goal was blocked, I said to my Dad it would cost them. They just invent ways to lose in the most excruciating ways possible, increasing their fans' torment. I don't know how any of you tolerate it. Even Ira who I know dating back to my childhood sounded like he had had enough. And the fans who remain loyal throughout no matter how much their team kills them are the true ones who deserve a winner.

Well that post last night was out of just anger and me being frustrated. It might have come out kinda stupid, but I really doubt i will attend another game for a while. ITs also ironic that the CIN game is on my birthday, and we won't be playing for anything other than pride i guess. Im NEVER going to stop being a Jets fan, I just can't see rooting for any other team. And yea it's not like we are the Saints, Falcons and plenty of other teams that havent had many winning season, i..e the lions. I kinda overexagerated with the "long suffering" sh!t.