Loktionov

gsnts725

Just wondering if anyone noticed this. What the hell happened to Loktionov?

As a disclaimer, I'm not a very experienced hockey fan as I just started watching seriously this year, but it seems to me Loktionov has fell off the face of the Earth. In his first couple of games, he was one of our best players. he was making plays and scoring some goals, but since the losing streak began, he's been nowhere to be found.

To the more experienced fans, do you see the same thing? Also, if we do resign him during the off-season, what do you think of his ceiling as a player? Is he a top two line guy or is he another average player?

Second to third liner, second if he kept playing the way he started but triumph was right with Loki. It . But he has fell off but really who hasn't fell off? Everyone sucks really,same with henrique and travis. This just isn't our time

Edited by CarterforPresident

He has still been noticeable. He is great at rushing into the offensive zone. Getting passes to the points and is a good puck possession player in the dirty areas. I love his game. He must be re-signed in my opinion.

And to his credit the entire team hasnt been impressive, they all fell off the map at once.

Edited by Zubie#8
  • Like 1

He's a good player.  Not a superstar.  He needs linemates. It's tough to build chemistry at times like this.

Speaking of chemistry. From what Ive seen this year.

Zajac needs to play with Zubrus and Henrique

Loktionov needs to play with Kovalchuk

Clarkson needs to be on that third line with Ponikarovsky (those type of players)

Players on this team have to do it themselves.   There's a distinct lack of playmakers.    He was playing with one, he's not anymore, because he's out.    And to make matters worse he's playing with some of the crummier guys on the team.

Also a bit of a question of who you key on if you're another team.    Maybe he's getting more defensive attention with Kovy out and opposing teams struggling to figure out who they're supposed to be marking, because everyone has hideous recent splits.

On paper, he hasn't done much, but I've been impressed with his game. He's been involved in a lot of chances during this terrible streak. I hope he gets re-signed for a while. I'd like to see him as the #2 center on the Devils for years to come. The lack of chemistry with linemates is a big problem, though.

• Like 1

Good potential solid and skilled 2nd liner that we should lock up for a few years. Everyone's dipping, everyone from Elias to Clarkson to Ponikarovsky. I'd say he's dipped the least out of all of them. He seems to always be quick and dangerous on the ice, I like his ability on the rush. Like people have said, he's a centerman so his number's obviously aren't looking good when the two wingers around him don't give capitalize.

I still think he was a steal, and has a lot of potential. These dog days won't last forever, and hopefully we'll see him for a full season on Kovy's line and we'll get to see exactly what we've got in him.

losing kovalchuk as your winger and playing with an inept ponikarovski will hurt your production for sure

DING DING DING!!

How do you expect Loktionov ( or Henrique or Josephson for that matter) to create any offense when they are stuck w/ the lies of Poni, Dagastino, Bernier & carter??  And everybody else is in major scoring slumos as well...  LL needs to get some true goal scorers next year, its painful to watch the Devs miss great opportunity after great opportunity...

I think if they get another dynamic goal scoring winger the Lokti/Kovy line could be a top line in the NHL. Lokti and Kovy have great chemistry together. Actually I'd say Lokti has better chemistry with Kovy than any other Devils has had since Kovy joined the team. Keep them together and find the right person to fill that third spot (NOT Poni).

Edited by Jerzey Devil

DING DING DING!!

How do you expect Loktionov ( or Henrique or Josephson for that matter) to create any offense when they are stuck w/ the lies of Poni, Dagastino, Bernier & carter??  And everybody else is in major scoring slumos as well...  LL needs to get some true goal scorers next year, its painful to watch the Devs miss great opportunity after great opportunity...

Do you purposely misspell our player's names? Or do you just not pay attention? Zajak, Dagastino, Josephson. Is this the lineup for your bizarro world Devils?

Do you purposely misspell our player's names? Or do you just not pay attention? Zajak, Dagastino, Josephson. Is this the lineup for your bizarro world Devils?

I always have trouble taking people seriously when they can't even spell out players' names correctly. I understand that English might not be everyone's first language, but this isn't some minor grammar gripe, it's the players' names. They're on the jerseys. Learn 'em.

hope they sign him, im sure they will.. once he is put into a system with chemistry he will fall back into the player we saw earlier in his time here. hes no top player for sure but he is a good 3rd line guy id say

He's top 6 or bust. I seriously doubt Loktionov ends up on our bottom 6 with the way he plays, he's just not going to be a defensive dynamo. Will need to produce consistently to do well.

I always have trouble taking people seriously when they can't even spell out players' names correctly. I understand that English might not be everyone's first language, but this isn't some minor grammar gripe, it's the players' names. They're on the jerseys. Learn 'em.

+1

If you watch any amount of games over the course of a season, you should know.