2012 Fantasy Football Smack Talk

aylbert

One of those great fantasy days. Took a few weeks, but everything I envisioned when I drafted this team has come to fruition the last two weeks. I have absolutely no depth whatsoever.

I saw your score and wasn't able to find out where all these points came from?

Drew Brees, an All-Star group of receivers (Fitz, Welker, Green), McGahee and the darn kicker who I was scratching my head when he drafted - especially since the Rams have a terrible offense - and all he does is hit multiple 50-yard FG's every week lol. He had good matchups too with just about everyone, I thought this might happen.

Drew Brees, an All-Star group of receivers (Fitz, Welker, Green), McGahee and the darn kicker who I was scratching my head when he drafted - especially since the Rams have a terrible offense - and all he does is hit multiple 50-yard FG's every week lol. He had good matchups too with just about everyone, I thought this might happen.

Greg Zuerlein was my ace up my sleeve going into the draft. I knew the Rams offense would improve, but still not be strong enough to punch in many scores. Then I see this rookie kicker in pre-season with a leg like no other with a staff willing to send him out there for 57-63 yard attempts no problem. Add that they play in a dome, and it was a no brainer.

I'm probably down for a few bad weeks coming up.

Greg Zuerlein was my ace up my sleeve going into the draft. I knew the Rams offense would improve, but still not be strong enough to punch in many scores. Then I see this rookie kicker in pre-season with a leg like no other with a staff willing to send him out there for 57-63 yard attempts no problem. Add that they play in a dome, and it was a no brainer.

I'm probably down for a few bad weeks coming up.

Brillant strategy. Kudos. I probably would have gone this route if Cundif were still our kicker. I knew no one would know about Tucker and his leg. But I never realized how good Zuerlein is. Wow. Again I tip my cap.

Edited by MantaRay

You weren't the only one.....I pounded the Bills fan like they WERE the Bills :lol:

Waiver Wire Whining! Pulverizes LOTCB, Moves Up to Sixth Place

• Waiver Wire Whining! (3-2) 103.38 -- LOTCB (1-4) 54.74

Waiver Wire Whining! picked up 22.88 points from Jay Cutler and 16.60 from Frank Gore to annihilate LOTCB 103.38 - 54.74. LOTCB has had a string of bad luck lately after losing their third in a row. LOTCB, coming off a 117.40 - 103.10 loss against Masked Marauders, saw their scoring drop substantially this week. To make matters worse, LOTCB had two starters score zero points (Brandon Pettigrew and Hakeem Nicks). Waiver Wire Whining! (3-2, 486.20 points) climbs into sixth place and LOTCB (1-4, 441.26 points) sinks into the cellar.

Wow the recap here does show the beatdown :lol:

You weren't the only one.....I pounded the Bills fan like they WERE the Bills :lol:

Waiver Wire Whining! Pulverizes LOTCB, Moves Up to Sixth Place

• Waiver Wire Whining! (3-2) 103.38 -- LOTCB (1-4) 54.74

Waiver Wire Whining! picked up 22.88 points from Jay Cutler and 16.60 from Frank Gore to annihilate LOTCB 103.38 - 54.74. LOTCB has had a string of bad luck lately after losing their third in a row. LOTCB, coming off a 117.40 - 103.10 loss against Masked Marauders, saw their scoring drop substantially this week. To make matters worse, LOTCB had two starters score zero points (Brandon Pettigrew and Hakeem Nicks). Waiver Wire Whining! (3-2, 486.20 points) climbs into sixth place and LOTCB (1-4, 441.26 points) sinks into the cellar.

Wow the recap here does show the beatdown :lol:

I didn't see this on Yahoo Sports anywhere.

Awesome performance!

But what's with this league teeing off on me for two years in a row?

This year: hardest schedule: average of 117.84

All time: hardest schedule... you guess it, me. last year, 112.87

Smallest margin of defeat average, all time? yep, me again... 6.04

and I like my team... boo.

Edited by aylbert

Awesome performance!

But what's with this league teeing off on me for two years in a row?

This year: hardest schedule: average of 117.84

All time: hardest schedule... you guess it, me. last year, 112.87

Smallest margin of defeat average, all time? yep, me again... 6.04

and I like my team... boo.

You're seventh in points scored though, slightly below average so your record should 'probably' be 2-3 - not a big leap from 1-4. You were eighth in points this week so might as well have been roasted now instead of wasting a 120-130 point game when your opponent gets 175.

Especially since you probably don't start him if DeAngelo also wasn't on a bye lol (I wouldn't have either, with how hideous he's been, but the Colt run defense was more hideous as it turned out).

I might get to 4-2 myself, but this is one fugly game with Manta :P I'd seriously already be 2-4 if not for Jason Hanson. Thank goodness Romo finally came back to life in the second half today.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Thanks Shonn Greene. More fantasy points today than he has had all season. Pretty sweet day with Brees on a bye week.

How fortunately for you that the Colts were on tap.

Especially since you probably don't start him if DeAngelo also wasn't on a bye lol (I wouldn't have either, with how hideous he's been, but the Colt run defense was more hideous as it turned out).

I might get to 4-2 myself, but this is one fugly game with Manta :P I'd seriously already be 2-4 if not for Jason Hanson. Thank goodness Romo finally came back to life in the second half today.

I have one last trick up my sleeve for tonight!!! I don't want to be beaten your your kicker