GDT 7: Devils @ Senators aka first win of the season 730pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

The MacLean era was nine wins in 33 games.

This Devils team with DeBoer has eleven wins in 42 games.

So I guess I missed where wins and losses carry over from last season? This is a completely different team, and I could care less what happened last year. That same team that went 11 wins in 34 also was the one that started out crazy hot.

The way I read your post it seems that you are putting much of the blame on the coach, and I agree to an extent. I said earlier in the week that he's quickly getting to the hot seat and the Rangers game could be a tipping point.

Hes the only one thats got the balls to scrap in front of the net and play an all around physical game. Hes one of the only guys whos playing respectable hockey right now. Hes an invaluable asset to the team.

Welcome to the boards Mr. DeBoer.

Edited by PWW
  • Like 1

They're only 7 teams in the division and 5 could make it.   Anyways, it's not a "good" division, it's two strong teams and a 3rd that's gotten off to a flying start.

And four other mediocre teams

To be fair to Tedenby, his -3 was total happenstance.   The only mistake I saw on any of those goals was a bad clear by Zubrus on the first

Chicago, Minnesota, and St. Louis are all great teams.  Nashville, Dallas, and Colorado all have plenty of talent.  Winnipeg falls into that category as well.

Chicago, Minnesota, and St. Louis are all great teams.  Nashville, Dallas, and Colorado all have plenty of talent.  Winnipeg falls into that category as well.

Minnesota is NOT a great team.   They are the epitome of mediocre and don't belong ANYWHERE near the first two

The Devils will be in the playoffs.  I'll avatar and signature bet with anybody.

Yes Minny is at worst a very good team.

I don't how you've managed to do it, but you're overrating almost everyone in the league at the same time.   Someone's got to be the ditchdigger.

I don't how you've managed to do it, but you're overrating almost everyone in the league at the same time.   Someone's got to be the ditchdigger.

Any team can beat any team in the league.  The gap between the best team in the league and the worst team in the league isn't that big.  This isn't the NBA.

If Petey D is fired, who takes over?  

I hope this is just a bad stretch.  Lou needs to make some moves.. 

I truly believe it is.  Good teams have gone through worse stretches than this before and have won the cup the same year.  We play the same way on Saturday, we win easily.  They're without Nash and Callahan.  They had no forward depth to begin with.  Now they don't have two of their best.

Haha! What moves?

I don't think moves need to be made.  The only move I'd make is firing the coaching staff, mainly DeBoer.

That doesn't make everyone good, hell you could make the case it makes everyone mediocre, and the bad teams are truly bad.    I mean I don't know how you can take the last year of Minnesota Wild hockey and say they're "good".    They got off to a hot start in a short season and they've been "blah" ever since.

Edited by maxpower

I didn't get a chance to watch much of the game today, but was Tedenby really that bad? Was he creating anything at all offensively? I'm really rooting for him, but he can be really frustrating. I didn't see that big penalty that everyone is talking about.

But from what I did see: The Elias line looked pretty good. Henrique seemed to be playing better, too.

It's a frustrating loss, as far as I can tell from this thread, it may have been their best effort of the season so far.

I didn't get a chance to watch much of the game today, but was Tedenby really that bad? Was he creating anything at all offensively? I'm really rooting for him, but he can be really frustrating. I didn't see that big penalty that everyone is talking about.

But from what I did see: The Elias line looked pretty good. Henrique seemed to be playing better, too.

It's a frustrating loss, as far as I can tell from this thread, it may have been their best effort of the season so far.

He was his usual suckiness.