GDT: Devils @ Winnipeg Jets

Quinn01

They absolutely dominated the second period and the fact that they didn't put them away and let them hang around killed them. I'm tired of hearing how they did all the little things right and the bounces will go their way eventually. They're not. They're not scoring and that's all that matters. And when they do score they give it right back. They can't finish at all. It's disgusting. Also, once again they need more than one line to produce a night.

Anyone else think that Debo's system has our D taking chances that they can't handle?

I mean based on mobility, we are very slow aside from a few, we rely on positioning and stickwork a lot.

He's got them greenlighted more (which is necessary in today's game), but I'm not sure they are making the adjustment.

I've never seen so many bad D plays, breakaways, and sloppy turnovers.

Thoughts?

My thoughts:

1. Any review involving us that goes to Toronto should automatically just be deemed anti-nj on the ice right away to just save everyone's time. Don't pretend you're objectively reviewing tape in toronto, NHL.

2. We lost this game because Kovalchuk couldn't handle a pass hedberg.

3. We didn't deserve to lose. Every one of winnipegs goals was bullsh!t. We keep losing from mistakes and bullsh!t. Frustrating.

1. Totally agree and I've always been against conspiracy crap (still am) but DAMN.. I mean they've even reinvented their own rules this season to fvck us on reviews.. It's becoming a sick joke

2. Totally wrong.. You can give up goals because of 1 player but you never lose a game because of 1 player.. Moose cannot handle the puck like Marty and needs to stop trying

3. Agreed.. We weren't pretty but the effort and chances were there

• Like 1

Anyone else think that Debo's system has our D taking chances that they can't handle?

I mean based on mobility, we are very slow aside from a few, we rely on positioning and stickwork a lot.

He's got them greenlighted more (which is necessary in today's game), but I'm not sure they are making the adjustment.

Thoughts?

I do agree.. I mean, as you say, your D has to have the greenlight there and last season, especially under MacLean, they just hung back wayyyy to much and pretty much seemed okay allowing the other team to have the puck and skate in.. I like what he is doing but are do the players fit with that? Well Lou did get them before PDB came in

Edited by Colin226

Thoughts?

Having our D jump into the play is something that looked like it worked earlier. However, the Devils need to learn to shorten the ice and clog the neutral zone. Having guys like Salvador and Volchenkov jump into the offense is stupid. They should be staying at home.

Having our D jump into the play is something that looked like it worked earlier. However, the Devils need to learn to shorten the ice and clog the neutral zone. Having guys like Salvador and Volchenkov jump into the offense is stupid. They should be staying at home.

It looked tonight like PDB realized they're too slow together so he split them up.. We'll see if he keeps the switch (I think he should) and if they develop chemistry with their new partners

I agree with this. I think if any D is going to step in to the play its Larsson and Greene, maybe Fayne.

Ok Couple of thing

1. WTF with Tedenby!? he is doing absolutely nothing but falling on the ice (stop jacking off and play like a man!)

2. Stop blaming Kovalchuk for everything he as done mistake (a lot of our player did mistake in these bullsh!t game), but he try and he is our most dangerous forward.

3. fvcking Deboer you lost 4 in a row it time to change line a little! and put Kovalchuk Lw for christ sake!

4. Zach parisé is trying working hard bla bla bla ! Hey guess what he dont score enough! If your blaming Kovalchuk, Well as to be blame too...

5. OUR fvcking Defenceman! Salvador great play on Kane... except that everytime other team got a 1 on 2 situation they split our D ! Salvador volchenkov are to slow!

6. The jets really suck! Winning with fvcking trash bulsh!tt goal like that should be shamefull.

7. Wow do you see the hot girl in the stand! We saw her after a couple of whistle in the first period! I don't know if saw her but i think that's what tedenby was looking at instead of playing decent hockey

• Like 1

Are our defensemen magically going to learn how to break out?

Are our players magically going to learn that the puck goes in the back of the net?

Like I said, it's a rut.. Has Elias also magically forgotten how to score? Has our D also forgotten how to use their strengths to play effectively? No and no but when you're on a losing streak sh!t just doesn't work right.. To assume that things will just continue like this is stupid

Edited by Colin226

Like I said, it's a rut.. Has Elias also magically forgotten how to score? Has our D also forgotten how to use their strengths to play effectively? No and no but when you're on a losing streak sh!t just doesn't work right.. To assume that things will just continue like this is stupid

This is not a rut. This is a losing streak. It's a losing streak that's been a long time in the making even when they were winning. They were a flawed team when they tricked people into thinking they might be better then they are. What people are seeing right now is just a very flawed team showing it's colors. Want to know why they are always on the wrong end of "luck" and "bounces"? Because flawed teams and teams that are not very good always are more then good teams. Every team over 82 games will get bad bounces, but it follows bad teams around like a clowd. It's becoming an excuse with this organiztion and it has been for the last two seasons now.

Want to be somewhat optimistic? This is a bubble playoff team at best and the only reason they might sneak in is that they play in the East. It's going to take Zajac time to get back to being Zajac and the same for JJ so it may be too late even then.

Time to accept it all and understand it. I'm not sure how much more they can do to prove what they are to anyone who watches. I'm starting to believe that there are some people that refuse to understand what they are watching night in and night out. There are people who just can not bring themselves to accept this flawed team and their "heroes" who can do no wrong.

It's the same with the team's financial problems. There's just so much of a refusal to believe how much deep sh!t they are in from on ice to off ice.

What's it going to take? To some, i think it'll take forever.

• Like 1

I have to admit, Kovy can't go a game without putting the puck in our net. It's amazing.

I remember the flak I got when I posted about his weaknesses months and probably a year ago. This guy will score goals, but will never help a team win. He isn't the only problem though and although I pound the mustard out of him, it is only because of his salary. He is very friendly signing autographs (more than I could say for Brodeur, Colin White, and even at times my boy Langenbrunner), but if people jumped on Rolston for his salary vs production than it should be a pile-on with Kovalchuk. The guy just isn't a fit for the Devils. He's best suited somewhere else.

I'd rather have so many others who could've been available than this guy.