Official 2013 New York Mets Thread

nmigliore

Get Tejada out of this game and off this team. What a knucklehead.

And at 109 pitches they're KEEPING Harvey in? Terry's managing in front of a TV in the dugout, this is all him and it's idiotic. The game is lost already what are you trying to make his arm fall off? Better to let someone else come in, because losing 3-0, 1-0, or 5-0 is all the same

Edited by '7'

Harvey is too good for this franchise, he really is. 

Guess Ike is just too good to be pinch-hit for. 

Did Ike just let another ground ball down the line go? I know this one was foul, but damn. What does it take to learn one's lesson? I feel like little efforts not being given like that have long been a problem for the team.

That's what comes with no one being held accountable for anything. 

Look at the Yankees when the play us. Not a mistake anywhere, perfect execution, no brain farts. Just a crisp a game as possible. They know they have pressure on them to beat the Mets. The Mets on the other hand know there is no accountability, so it's la-di-da

Wow nmig...that is so sad.  Guy could have 9 wins easily.  Way to go Sandy.  Thanks for nothing.

David loves trolling CR! :D

METS WIN. WTF. LOL.

LOL, David is definitely the least of the Mets' problems right now.

Should have been Wright's THIRD huge game-tying/winning hit off Rivera.  Should have been cause Castillo cost him one game-winner lol

Terry worries me though with his overextending of Harvey.  Especially a season after he was so against doing it with Johan (and rightly so it turned out).  This is why you can't have a manager managing like it's Game 7 of the World Series for a team where 2013's such an afterthought.

Edited by NJDevs4978

They showed a graphic...Rivera has the 2nd highest ERA against the Mets (1st is Angels)

Somehow, even pathetic Mets teams seem to find a way to get runs against him. Even in losing efforts we seem to scratch out runs to make 5-1 games 5-3 or so against Rivera

They showed a graphic...Rivera has the 2nd highest ERA against the Mets (1st is Angels)

Somehow, even pathetic Mets teams seem to find a way to get runs against him. Even in losing efforts we seem to scratch out runs to make 5-1 games 5-3 or so against Rivera

lol I remember one game I was at Yankee Stadium where we trailed 11-6 and they still brought Rivera in for the ninth.  We got it to something like 11-8 or 11-9 with the bases loaded and Beltran up - and he popped up the first pitch.

The game Matt Franco won off him is obviously in Subway Series lore.  Wright in 2006.  They brought Rivera in a tie game in '09 and Wright beat him again with an extra base-hit...until Castillo dropped the ball.

Ah how I wish it wasn't Hefner/Gee going in the Bronx (though to be fair Hefner gives a workmanlike effort from time to time) but if we somehow are able to squeeze out a win tomorrow that would put "Yankees Universe" :rolleyes:  in crises/red alert mode. And it would be awesome to watch them squirm

Mets are playing with house money next two games.

lol I remember one game I was at Yankee Stadium where we trailed 11-6 and they still brought Rivera in for the ninth.  We got it to something like 11-8 or 11-9 with the bases loaded and Beltran up - and he popped up the first pitch.

The game Matt Franco won off him is obviously in Subway Series lore.  Wright in 2006.  They brought Rivera in a tie game in '09 and Wright beat him again with an extra base-hit...until Castillo dropped the ball.

My fondest memory (aside from the first game ever where Mlicki just dominated out of nowhere in front of about 20k Mets fans) was the 15-6 thrashing in 2008, Delgado hit a grand slam. 9 rbi.

My fondest memory (aside from the first game ever where Mlicki just dominated out of nowhere in front of about 20k Mets fans) was the 15-6 thrashing in 2008, Delgado hit a grand slam. 9 rbi.

Went to both the 11-6 game that got close at the end and the 15-6 drubbing.  Beltran was god-awful in the 11-6 game...he was in a dreadful, season-long slump at the time.  He was getting booed pretty harshly by the Met fans in attendance. 

The 15-6 win was Game 1 of that Yankee/Shea doubleheader.  Mets and Pedro Martinez got squashed in Game 2...me and my 8-months-pregnant wife (at the time) left in the 6th inning of that one.  It was a fun day, but brutually hot and a lot of driving.  Hard to believe that my daughter is starting kindergarten in the fall.  We actually got rear-ended on the way to Shea from Yankee Stadium, but fortunately in was in stop-go traffic, so my wife wasn't hurt, and the car wasn't damaged.

I know the Wilpon have an incredible ability to do the wrong thing and will never seem to be in touch with their fanbase, but for ONCE, can these boneheads realize that they own the METS?!  First, it was all about Jackie Robinson and the Brooklyn Dodgers...yes, Jackie is an amazing and compelling figure who transcends the game and the team he played for, but it's not like the guy ever had anything to do with the New York Mets.  And now, they're honoring players who have had success, at the Mets' expense to boot.  Chipper Jones?  Mariano Rivera?  Maybe the Jets will honor Tom Brady someday.  Maybe the Knicks will follow suit and give Michael Jordan an honorary tip-off at the Garden.   

The Wilpons are some strange ducks.  They are downright baffling.  Why couldn't it have been Doubleday who kept the team? 

I have no problem with them honoring those players, actually. Maybe a first pitch is a bit much, but it's really not a big deal to me - the honoring of a future Hall of Famer on their last stop is pretty commonplace. EVERY team honored Chipper/is honoring Rivera; it just so happens to be that Chipper was a huge rival of the Mets and Rivera is part of the (supposed) NY rivalry too. 

Edited by nmigliore

I have no problem with them honoring those players, actually. Maybe a first pitch is a bit much, but it's really not a big deal to me - the honoring of a future Hall of Famer on their last stop is pretty commonplace. EVERY team honored Chipper/is honoring Rivera; it just so happens to be that Chipper was a huge rival of the Mets and Rivera is part of the (supposed) NY rivalry too. 

Atlanta has been beating the Mets' brains in for how long?  And the Yankees have owned this town for many years.  I understand your viewpoint, and I greatly respect guys like Chipper and Rivera (who are as clutch as they come), but something about what the Mets have done by paying homage to them admittedly bothers me...look, here's two terrific players from franchises that had their sh!t together season after season after season, franchises that weren't afraid to make bold moves to keep their teams in the hunt year after year.  And then there's the Mets, owned by complete clowns in the Wilpons who can't ever seem to get out of their own way, who aren't as cheap as they are made out to be, but seem to cheap-out at the worst possible times far too often.  Owners who have been an embarrassment to their team and its fans far too many times to count.  And the idiot son Jeffy is practically JOKING about the fact that his franchise is irrelevant yet again, with the guy whose franchise has been everything the Mets could only dream of being to boot!  WTF?!  The sad thing is, I do think the Wilpons care, but they just come off as so damned out-of-tune with their fanbase and out-of-touch with reality...the last six seasons have seen two all-time epic collapses and four going-nowhere years (which is about to be five).  I don't want to hear Jeffy-boy joke about the continued Mets suckage, and I don't want to see the Mets honoring the guys who've been laughing at the Mets at our expense.  For once, just once, show a little ANGER that your GM is lifeless, that your team is borderline unwatchable save for a precious few players.  Maybe the Wilpons will always be a joke without a punchline, but at least don't sound so friggin' accepting of your seemingly perennial status as second-fiddles.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Not a fan of Hefner pitching tonight, but hey what choice to we have? He gives up the longball and this is a little league field, so hopefully our offense comes out of its slumber as well. Would've liked to see Valdespin in this lineup.

The Mets are actually 0-10 in his last 10 starts (though he only absorbed 5 losses himself) not all of that is his fault.

He's due for a win right?