All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

interesting lou said that he was in other trade discussions, but didn't want to sacrifice the future.  perhaps an indication that he inquired into pominville and buffalo was asking too much

And got too much.  But boy, Minnesota is starting to worry me now regardless.  

Edited by NJDevs4978

interesting lou said that he was in other trade discussions, but didn't want to sacrifice the future.  perhaps an indication that he inquired into pominville and buffalo was asking too much

To try to equate it to our prospects.... Boucher, Wedgewood 1st + 2nd. The difference between us and Minnesota is that they have more to spare like Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, etc. 

so when healthy...

Henrique  Zajac Kovalchuk

Elias Loktionov Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Zubrus D'Agostini

Carter Josefson Bernier

Sullivan Gionta Tedenby

if all those guys could play at thei rpotential "at the same time" it could be good, but we havents seen that yet

But if one is fixated on the Minnesota Parise's and how they measure up against the Devils moving forward....and maybe Parise actually making a good hockey decision too, one could be worried.

C'mon. You can't tell me you don't want to see the Wild and/or Parise to fall flat on their face

But if one is fixated on the Minnesota Parise's and how they measure up against the Devils moving forward....and maybe Parise actually making a good hockey decision too, one could be worried.

Or I just don't want Parise's team to do well, irrespective of where the Devils are as a team :P

C'mon. You can't tell me you don't want to see the Wild and/or Parise to fall flat on their face

It would be nice but I don't really care either way.  I'd prefer if he didn't win a Stanley Cup there, and actually I think this is a decent move in that direction (I don't think the Wild are that good right now, and they gave up quite a bit for Pominville and are in cap trouble next year)

so when healthy...

Henrique  Zajac Kovalchuk

Elias Loktionov Clarkson

Ponikarovsky Zubrus D'Agostini

Carter Josefson Bernier

Sullivan Gionta Tedenby

if all those guys could play at thei rpotential "at the same time" it could be good, but we havents seen that yet

How do we now have 5 lines of forwards, not even counting Barch and Popodopolous?  I doubt we see Teddy or Josefson back up this season, which still leaves us with too many forwards.  And it doesn't even begin to take into account the cluster F on defense.

Lou is like those extreme coupon shoppers this season...they will buy anything in bulk so long as it's cheap, regardless of the fact that they can't possibly use 123,000 boxes of Ajax in their lifetime.

How do we now have 5 lines of forwards, not even counting Barch and Popodopolous?  I doubt we see Teddy or Josefson back up this season, which still leaves us with too many forwards.  And it doesn't even begin to take into account the cluster F on defense.

Lou is like those extreme coupon shoppers this season...they will buy anything in bulk so long as it's cheap, regardless of the fact that they can't possibly use 123,000 boxes of Ajax in their lifetime.

Chere said the Devils are going to call Josefson up, we'll see if he's correct.

It would be nice but I don't really care either way.  I'd prefer if he didn't win a Stanley Cup there, and actually I think this is a decent move in that direction (I don't think the Wild are that good right now, and they gave up quite a bit for Pominville and are in cap trouble next year)

they wont have a huge cap trouble next year but they'll have to make decisions, they'll likely buy out Heatley and let a few UFA walk but they can afford it with their prospects

cause i think goons are useless so i tend to ignore that they exist lol

Welcome back to Sully, I've always liked him. Can anyone give me some insight on the guys the Rags got for Gaborik? Not familiar with them really. Hoping they suck.

Dorset is just a fighter who likes to see over 200 min a season. Brassard is pretty decent offensively. Columbus is pretty good before this and they continue to get Beter, they have a big fan base and those fans deserve it

Lol what an awful trade by the Caps. What is McPhee doing. Erat is aging and getting a lot of injuries, Foresberg is one hell of a prospect.

Sometimes GMs have to fight to live another day. Caps can still win the division, and if so, probably have a solid chance against Ottawa or Toronto. Just get in and you have a chance. But they need to get in, and McPhee has to get in to keep his job at the very least.

The question is...couldn't you have gotten more than Erat for Forsberg?

Edited by devilsrule33

I have to admit it's comical that Pominville and freaking Martin Erat went for king's ransom prices while Gaborik basically fetches back a dissapointing center and an injured forward (Dorsett isn't even playing this year) as the centerpieces.

Glen Sather ladies and gentlemen.

I have to admit it's comical that Pominville and freaking Martin Erat went for king's ransom prices while Gaborik basically fetches back a dissapointing center and an injured forward (Dorsett isn't even playing this year) as the centerpieces.

It's probably a decent example of how important cap hit is to a players value to a team.  Gaborik takes up $2-3 million more than the other guys next season.

what do you mean Dorsett isnt even playing this year? he's averaging around 17min a game and played 24 games?

Tedenby's not coming back, but this idea that you can have too many players post-trade deadline is absurd.  The Devils a week ago played Tim Sestito and Stephen Gionta as their 3rd and 4th line centers.  Now we pick up one guy and we've got too many forwards?  Depth is critical, and the Devils don't have it at the minor league level.  Kostopoulos can fill in on a 3rd line in a pinch, but he shouldn't go anywhere near the top 2.  

As for the D, I can think of at least 4 years in the last 10 where the Devils rolled with 8 D, and another (last year) where they had 7 + a guy who was injured and returned for the playoffs.