Brodeur McFarlane Variant in Green Jersey

BlizzardCyclone

Just a heads up to you guys. Im not selling one, but im desperately looking for one, the new McFarlane series that recently came out. The chase/variant figure is limited to 552... Guess the search begins tomorrow :) Below are a few pics. They even put the 75th NHL Anniversary patch on the shoulder, and he's sporting the #29, as well as the plain red mask... Sorry I know this is more so a forum for selling but thought this was great and im such a fanatic about the old colors. Enjoy the pics and feel free to conversate :)

post-2386-125419381244_thumb.jpg

post-2386-125419390091_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

Just a heads up to you guys. Im not selling one, but im desperately looking for one, the new McFarlane series that recently came out. The chase/variant figure is limited to 552... Guess the search begins tomorrow :) Below are a few pics. They even put the 75th NHL Anniversary patch on the shoulder, and he's sporting the #29, as well as the plain red mask... Sorry I know this is more so a forum for selling but thought this was great and im such a fanatic about the old colors. Enjoy the pics and feel free to conversate :)

There are A LOT OF INACCURACIES to the figure including pads, catcher, blocker, and stick... I wouldn't waste my time or money.

There are A LOT OF INACCURACIES to the figure including pads, catcher, blocker, and stick... I wouldn't waste my time or money.

I agree.

This guy ( http://offthebenchdesigns.blogspot.com/ )could make you a completely accurate custom of Brodeur in his #29 jersey, complete with correct stick, blue blocker and glove, etc. for $75 shipped.

His name is Iain and he does great work, I highly recommend him.

Here's a custom figure he made of me on my college team:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7GmbDPqkrGo/SoLMsH84EKI/AAAAAAAAAUw/ffPtyd1hsO4/s1600-h/june+2009+065.jpg

Edited by JWomp

Matt (Chorske17) actually found him first and recommended him to me.

I've had him do 2 figures for me and they've both come out great!

Jordan, I remember Matt talking to me about this before but I have a couple questions. How long did it take? Did you have to send him the figure? How many pictures did you have to provide?

I ended up with 2 of those McFarlane figures and I paid $11.99 for them from Toys R Us.

I guess I got super lucky, because that's not what I ordered from the Toys R US website! I'm also not parting with them either, unless someone could offer me enough money to pay for my wedding next year!

Numbers 207 and 478 are mine.

Edited by cj241

I ended up with 2 of those McFarlane figures and I paid $11.99 for them from Toys R Us.

I guess I got super lucky, because that's not what I ordered from the Toys R US website! I'm also not parting with them either, unless someone could offer me enough money to pay for my wedding next year!

Don't get me wrong, CJ, I am happy for you especially because I am happy a Devils fan ended up with them but this drives me crazy. I have been stalking TRUs all over NJ, NY and MA and I even ordered 2 cases of this series in the hopes of getting this and 2 of them go to someone who wasn't even trying to get them. I refuse to buy one for $250+ off eBay so I will just have to deal with not having one. I already have every other Marty figure that McFarlane has made (10 of them). Congrats on the score and I know you will give them a good home.

And your figs are:

#207: 10/29/99: W (60m, 19/21) 4-2 victory at Carolina (Irbe); and

#478: 02/03/07: W (60m, 15/17) 3-2 victory vs. Buffalo (Miller).

Jordan, I remember Matt talking to me about this before but I have a couple questions. How long did it take? Did you have to send him the figure? How many pictures did you have to provide?

It only took a few weeks, and he provides the figure. The $75 covers the figure, the customization, and shipping to you, which is a great deal.

You can send him as many or as few photos as you'd like. Basically he just needs a good view of the brands and colors of equipment so he can do the figure accurately.

Edited by JWomp

It only took a few weeks, and he provides the figure. The $75 covers the figure, the customization, and shipping to you, which is a great deal.

You can send him as many or as few photos as you'd like. Basically he just needs a good view of the brands and colors of equipment so he can do the figure accurately.

Thanks Jordan. I have both the Souray Oilers that are out there and 2 years ago bought a custom Souray Canadiens on ebay (who knows, he could have made that). Now that there is an actual MacFarlene Souray, all he would have to do is paint on the Devils colors.

There are a lot of great customizers out there. I recently got into it myself but I have so many ideas in the works for ones that I want to do that I could never imagine taking on a project for someone else. If you are really interested, the guy who did this one is the best hockey customizer out there as far as I am concerned:

334823555.jpg

There are a lot of great customizers out there. I recently got into it myself but I have so many ideas in the works for ones that I want to do that I could never imagine taking on a project for someone else. If you are really interested, the guy who did this one is the best hockey customizer out there as far as I am concerned:

334823555.jpg

That one came out really well, I like it much better than the McFarlane variant.

Is that yours? Who did it for you and how much did it cost?

Jordan,

It's not mine actually. I was planning on doing a Marty from his first game so I kept this as a reference. It was done by a guy named Chris, who goes by nucksfan on a couple of message boards. He has a website with a couple of other guys for their custom business but it's down at the moment. I don't really know how much he charges but I could provide anyone here with his email address if they want it. Like I said, there are a lot of great customizers, including the guy who did yours, but the level of detail and the precision that Chris achieves make him the best in my opinion. As a disclaimer, I am in no way associated with the guy, in fact I have never even been a customer. He has helped me out with decals before and that is the extent of my interaction with him.

Jordan,

It's not mine actually. I was planning on doing a Marty from his first game so I kept this as a reference. It was done by a guy named Chris, who goes by nucksfan on a couple of message boards. He has a website with a couple of other guys for their custom business but it's down at the moment. I don't really know how much he charges but I could provide anyone here with his email address if they want it. Like I said, there are a lot of great customizers, including the guy who did yours, but the level of detail and the precision that Chris achieves make him the best in my opinion. As a disclaimer, I am in no way associated with the guy, in fact I have never even been a customer. He has helped me out with decals before and that is the extent of my interaction with him.

BCDevils,

That is great. I like how there is "wear" (AKA marks) on the pads. Nicely done. The guy who did mine did a Kirk Muller complete with the wear on the game worn sweater I have of his. I really liked mine, but I might have to check out this guy.

Matt

Yeah, it's amazing what some of these guys can do. That is fantastic that you had the Muller made to match your jersey. That's the type of stuff that is worth paying a little extra to get just right. Got any good pics? I always like to see a good Devils custom.

Yeah, it's amazing what some of these guys can do. That is fantastic that you had the Muller made to match your jersey. That's the type of stuff that is worth paying a little extra to get just right. Got any good pics? I always like to see a good Devils custom.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7GmbDPqkrGo/Sk7DsUN5pCI/AAAAAAAAATE/b2UupuCQ-Q0/s1600-h/june+2009+013.jpg

Those are some nice custom figures, but Im searching like crazy for the McFarlane one. Its more for collection purposes. I have all other Brodeur McFarlane figures, including the Team Canada ones. Thanks guys. If anyone spots one please pick it up for me and I will reimburse you and pay for shipping or pick it up. Thanks in advance!

Those are some nice custom figures, but Im searching like crazy for the McFarlane one. Its more for collection purposes. I have all other Brodeur McFarlane figures, including the Team Canada ones. Thanks guys. If anyone spots one please pick it up for me and I will reimburse you and pay for shipping or pick it up. Thanks in advance!

I completely agree BC, I want it for collection purposes too. I am already making myself a Marty from his first game but I really want the TMP version. Unfortunately, the hunt in most places in the US ended about two weeks ago at this point. With a few exceptions, the only place to get these is TRU and most of those only got one case.

That one came out really well, I like it much better than the McFarlane variant.

Is that yours? Who did it for you and how much did it cost?

This is the guy's website, which is now back up and running. He and three other customizers use the same site. You can view a lot of their work to see for yourself which one you like. Pricing is not listed on the site but I think you can send them an email with what you're looking for and they will give you a quote.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.