isles trade for halaks rights

Bartholomew Hunt

I think he signs to the Islanders. I can't imagine him enjoying the kind of instability he's had to deal with the past few years. If I'm him, I throw the usual predetermination of the Isles out the window, take advantage of a team that wants to give you the big paycheck, and stay with the team. They have great offensive depth and the move to Brooklyn soon is a selling point.

Let's see how long until Garth screws these negotiations up

Halak should hold out and play the market, playing in front of such poor team with some much instability is a turnoff.

Snow HAS to sign him, so he should hold out for as much money as he can, because this franchise is a career killer.

This is what the Islanders have to do to get players. They do whatever they can to get the player to Long Island and see if they can convince him to stay. Worked with Nabakov (eventually) and failed with Vanek, et al.

But then you find diamonds in the rough (Parenteau, Molson, McDonald, etc) and instead of rewarding to build around Taveras, you lose them for nothing.  Snow is a terrible GM for a terrible franchise.