RUMOR Jagr interested in Devils

Zubie#8

I don't think Jagr would sign unless he was guaranteed a top 6 role on the team and he could play RW, unfortunately for him I don't think he fits into any of those positions on our team.

It would be cool to see him play for the Devils but I agree with what was said above in that he'd probably be out of gas come playoffs.

I would love to have him here.

And anything that we wind up paying him is made back in spades by fans 30 and older insta-buying a Jagr jersey. Coz let's face it, a good chunk of us will.

+1

One of those players I always wanted to see with the Devils.  I would geek out if it happens.  Hopefully he signs for a cheap rate, and can be useful in a limited role and on the PP!

Isn't he somewhat friendly with Brodeur too? It's possible it's just mutual geriatric respect though too.

Same draft class, same division for years.   Played in some All Star games together, etc.  It is a little bit of both I'd say; friendliness/familiarness and the "mutual geriatric respect"

agreed that he'd be useful on the PP and agreed that he'd not be terribly helpful come playoff time.  i was surprised when jags initially came back to the nhl with phili and got as much money as he did.  difficult for me to think he'd take a 2m+ paycut, but hey, i also don't know the market and what the collective GM consciousness is at the moment on this guy.  seems unlikely that NO team would offer him 4m and that jersey is his last option.

i'd be all for giving him 4m if it also meant we'd found a way to unload salvador, but that's more than wishful thinking.