GDT Devils at Leafs 7PM msg+

ZeroGravityFat

They've seen Hedberg play the last two weeks, do they really want HIM taking shots?  They're 2-7-2, I'd hope they'd be playing on their toes whoever's in net, whether it's Marty, Moose, Kinkaid, Chico...

goalie change is always a wake up call. moose and brodeur have their moments, kinkaid is scary since we don't know a thing. they will def react.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this team is so terrible right now. its obvious but they're hard to watch.

i only saw the 3rd period but i saw multiple times, our defense just getting BURNED.

fvcking unbelievable.  they're playing like trash right now

You would be amazed how good we were in the first two periods. That 3rd period was just unreal.

5 losses in a row is reason to worry, don't pretend it's not.

We're just fortunate that the once powerful Atlantic division is horrible this year. How we're ahead of the Rangers and Flyers is evidence of how truly awful they started out.

2 wins in their last 10.........thats a 20% winning clip.......yuck

they still insist on waiting for the perfect shot on pp, just shoot a few it's not like you can setup a single shot in any pp.

what the hell happened to our new PP system, which is to shoot more ?????????

You would be amazed how good we were in the first two periods. That 3rd period was just unreal.

That's what's frustrating. This team has a history of inconsistency, and it's reared it's ugly head again. Too much "squeezing the sticks" and people not playing relaxed. And every loss makes it harder to come out of. Moose needs a night off to collect himself.

Firing the coach is not going to make the Devils average roster suddenly better people. It worked once, but the talent was there.

I mean, just think out loud for a minute. If you're the coach of a team about to play against the Devils, who do you key on? Kovy - sure. Any dangerous defensemen? Not really. Elias - maybe. Clarkson, Zajac, Poni? Nope.

The minimal talent on this roster is becoming painfully obvious. When you have to hope for your 4th line to consistently produce to win games you're in trouble. Big trouble.

Kovy is keyed on himself playing on RW.   He's not doing sh!t at that position.   If they're not going to fix that, who cares about anyone else.   They're paying a guy $11M prorated to play on his offwing when his game is left to right.   It's so fvcking stupid/stubborn it's unbelieveable.    There is no worthy LW on this team for him to be doing this.

Well so much for Hedberg being "the best back-up in the league". Hedberg was straight-up awful tonight and gave us no chance to win. The offense hasn't been great, but if we just had an average NHL goalie in net tonight, we probably would have won. Just awful. Please for the love of god let's start Kinkaid and pray that he can just play an AVERAGE game for us. That's all I want. AVERAGE. If we get outscored then fine, but losing because of terrible goaltending just sucks hard.

Firing the coach is not going to make the Devils average roster suddenly better people. It worked once, but the talent was there.

I mean, just think out loud for a minute. If you're the coach of a team about to play against the Devils, who do you key on? Kovy - sure. Any dangerous defensemen? Not really. Elias - maybe. Clarkson, Zajac, Poni? Nope.

The minimal talent on this roster is becoming painfully obvious. When you have to hope for your 4th line to consistently produce to win games you're in trouble. Big trouble.

Kovy is keyed on himself playing on RW. He's not doing sh!t at that position. If they're not going to fix that, who cares about anyone else. They're paying a guy $11M prorated to play on his offwing when his game is left to right. It's so fvcking stupid/stubborn it's unbelieveable. There is no worthy LW on this team for him to be doing this.

I absolutely agree. It made sense to move Kovy over when Zach was on the left, but with him gone there's just no reason to keep Kovy on the right.

I almost feel bad for Kovy, having learned to play the RW only to see it be a total waste. But then I remember he's getting that $11m for the next few years so I can't feel too bad.

Lou already got couple of solid players in Lokti and Poni - on paper Devils should be able to roll out 4 lines and 6 d-men and be above .500 team In reality, among other issues Zajac being utterly snakebitten means any of the first two lines he's on is not producing anything. Look at someone like Desharnais who is dangerous himself and makes his linemates more dangerous

Kovy is keyed on himself playing on RW.   He's not doing sh!t at that position.   If they're not going to fix that, who cares about anyone else.   They're paying a guy $11M prorated to play on his offwing when his game is left to right.   It's so fvcking stupid/stubborn it's unbelieveable.    There is no worthy LW on this team for him to be doing this.

So I guess we're just ignoring last season when he scored 83 points on the right side? Seriously, you're barking up the wrong tree here.

It's simple they stopped skating took bad penalties, it seems like every game going into the the third if we tie it or have a 1 goal lead were doomed. Kovy needs to score or set up someone. Lou needs to pull the trigger and make a move! What it is? But something needs to shake up this team and IMO we need another forward.

Tonight was just Sad ,, Sad!

Oh yeah pleeeaaaasee bench Moose!

Edited by Devs1965

After every devils game on this lossing streak I think there is no way the next game will leave me feelign worse, this is about the most furious I have felt after a game so far.

Yeah, I usually don't get too upset over them being in a slump, but this one got to me a bit.

The Devils didn't make it too hard for the Leafs this game either. They hardly had to battle.

So I guess we're just ignoring last season when he scored 83 points on the right side? Seriously, you're barking up the wrong tree here.

He had mid 40 ES, about the same as Elias.    And there was a worthy LW on that line.    Also for the record, I didn't like that line, their games didn't mesh unless it was in transition.

There was really no excuse for them to come out the way they did the first minute of the third when they were completely dead and gave up two great chances, one of which goes into the net cause Elias has a once-every two years brain cramp and Moose can't cover his near post.  I mean a one goal lead and they think the game is over after forty minutes?

The Leafs got 23 shots on goal today. Only 10 after the first two periods...Hedberg has been atrocious. 2 very soft goals today, a softie yesterday and just a sieve in the shootout against Buffalo. With average goaltending we could've come away with 4 points in the past two games.

This is the worst goaltending we've gotten in a long times. And Zubrus being out doesn't help things either

The Leafs got 23 shots on goal today. Only 10 after the first two periods...Hedberg has been atrocious. 2 very soft goals today, a softie yesterday and just a sieve in the shootout against Buffalo. With average goaltending we could've come away with 4 points in the past two games.

This is the worst goaltending we've gotten in a long times. And Zubrus being out doesn't help things either

No joke. I want Clemmensen back.

The Devils don't have anyone to put as Kovalchuk's RW.  They've got two guys on the roster who shoot right-handed, Clarkson whose game works with Kovalchuk's not at all, and Bernier, who can play there but shouldn't.

Who cares.   Their mentality on this is fvcked up beyond all recognition.

God forbid we put a left shot on the RW.    If he doesn't go back, they are not going to score 5 on 5 with any consistency.

God forbid we put a left shot on the RW.    If he doesn't go back, they are not going to score 5 on 5 with any consistency.

EDIT: Nevermind I thought you were saying something else.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Who are you going to put there?  The issue isn't putting a left shot on the RW, it's putting a left shot on the RW with a right shot on the LW.  Which is something that teams don't often do.  It hurts the breakout, and makes offensive zone play off the rush difficult too.  So again - who's going there?  

They're not going to score 5 on 5 with any consistency anyway.  They don't generate many shots 5 on 5.  

Edited by Triumph