USA Soccer

Devils Pride 26

I'm a casual soccer fan so I want to know if the US program has infact progressed to be able to compete and possibly win a FIFA tournament or will they slip back into oblivion?

we aren't going to win the world cup but we may have our best showing ever. It really depends on which team shows up and plays. If we get the team that showed up for the first bunch of games in this tournament we will be going home early. If we play how we did against Egypt, Spain and the first half of this game against Brazil we could go a few rounds.

Also our depth is what kills us. Kljestan is a good MLS player but he had no fvcking business being in this game today. Bornstein also had no business being in the game so 2 very bad subs by Bob Bradley.

I am proud of this team though and I'm proud to say that I've watched the majority of these guys start out and develop playing in the MLS.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Sorry I missed this game. I was out with my in-laws.

Just read the AP article on the game. It sounds like we were great in the first half. Although maybe Brazil got robbed of a goal?

Yeah, I guess they took it to us in the second half. And had I watched it, I probably would've been bummed.

But still, the U.S. had to have gained much confidence from this tournament. I am proud. U.S.A., U.S.A., U.S.A.!!!

Damn shame the USA team ran out of gas in that second half of the game and blew the 2-0 lead. That 1st goal by Brazil to start the second half was a killer for the USA team. It just looked like they ran out of gas late in the game and Brazil just took over the game. USA was so close and sad to see them fall the way they did.

Also our depth is what kills us. Kljestan is a good MLS player but he had no fvcking business being in this game today. Bornstein also had no business being in the game so 2 very bad subs by Bob Bradley.

I am proud of this team though and I'm proud to say that I've watched the majority of these guys start out and develop playing in the MLS.

Although it wont be to good for the MLS to really improve you need to get more guys in europe in the top leauges.

All your best players last night with the exception of Donovan (who really could secure himself a place at a top club in europe) play in the top leauges in England France, Germany and Spain.

Anybody know if Hejduk will be a part of this team next summer? I know he missed games earlier in the month due to injury... was he left off the USA roster for this tournament for the same reason? Same with Brian Ching and Maurice Edu?

And what's the deal with Mastroeni?

Edited by insanity_gallops

Although it wont be to good for the MLS to really improve you need to get more guys in europe in the top leauges.

All your best players last night with the exception of Donovan (who really could secure himself a place at a top club in europe) play in the top leauges in England France, Germany and Spain.

To clarify I meant start out or develop in the MLS, for example, Tim Howard. I watched him play with my favorite team and than go on to develop even more in Fulham. Same thing with Jozy before he went over to the Spanish League. Most of the guys start out here first before they transfer over to Europe.

To clarify I meant start out or develop in the MLS, for example, Tim Howard. I watched him play with my favorite team and than go on to develop even more in Fulham. Same thing with Jozy before he went over to the Spanish League. Most of the guys start out here first before they transfer over to Europe.

Yeah i get what your saying my post was more aimed at your initial comment about depth. if you want better quallity depth , thoes guys need to also be playing in Europe, to sucseed at internatonal level , you need to be palying against top international tallent week in week out. Donovan is an outstanding exception to this rule, the guy is quallity all the way.

And although most USA players do end up at Fulham Tim howard wasn't one of them he went to United and then Everton :P

Yeah i get what your saying my post was more aimed at your initial comment about depth. if you want better quallity depth , thoes guys need to also be playing in Europe, to sucseed at internatonal level , you need to be palying against top international tallent week in week out. Donovan is an outstanding exception to this rule, the guy is quallity all the way.

And although most USA players do end up at Fulham Tim howard wasn't one of them he went to United and then Everton :P

doh lol I knew that. My stupid mistake, I even have a Howard Everton jersey. :doh1:

I agree with the guys going over to play in Europe to get better depth for our usa squad but the majority of them still start out in the MLS first.

doh lol I knew that. My stupid mistake, I even have a Howard Everton jersey. :doh1:

I agree with the guys going over to play in Europe to get better depth for our usa squad but the majority of them still start out in the MLS first.

Yeah, theres no problem with that but more need to start making the jump across.

Dempsey gets better every time i see him in the PL, also news is that he might be joining howard at Everton.

• 1 month later...

The Mexican fans are a bunch of scumbag trash. Having no respect for the opposing teams anthems and throwing sh!t during the whole game doesn't make your fan base look good. I fvcking hate Mexicans.

Plastic bottles and beer, big fvcking deal.

Save your crying for when they throw hot coffee, darts and coins.

Mexican fans are the best.

i see you dont watch anything but the us nats eh? in europe that sh!t happens on the regular. the macedonians actually burned an english flag during a euro qualifyer game when it was in greece.. so stfu..