GDT: Devils at Toronto. 7PM

Quinn01

yeah but like what is he doing? going into the locker room and yelling "EVERYONE SUCK TONIGHT!"? I don't understand how one player can be that bad for a team

You'd be AMAZED how one disruptive influence can screw your team over..... even more so when there is a C on his jersey......

You'd be AMAZED how one disruptive influence can screw your team over..... even more so when there is a C on his jersey......

i suppose your right. aside from 2003, what had he ever done to earn that C? like I can't even picture him being a leader in the locker room. Whenever i used to visualize him talking to the team in the locker room, all i could think of was him standing in front of a dry-erase board mumbling to his team.

Jamie is great. He's team centric, generous to a fault, loves and understands hockey. He's articulate as well actually. He's also Fiercely loyal. and when that gets messed up -- and he supports the individual over the team -- well then there are problems.

I dont think he's had any effect on Dallas yet. Unless he's blabbing about what was wrong for him in NJ... that can take a toll. but he doesn't seem a recreational bitcher as much as a knee-jerk defender of truth justice and the hockey player way. He just lost sight of the ACTUAL HOCKEY part. :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Wow what another great overtime finish by the Devils in back to back games. Things look to be going their way now and hopefully they keep this roll going. What a beautiful end to end OT GWG that was by Kovalchuk! So glad we are going to see this and a lot more from Kovalchuk in the next 14-seasons. Kovy is a beast and he took that game over in OT and what a goal it was. Team seems to be focused and they are playing like every game right now is a playoff type game for them. Hedberg has been solid in goal and just needs to stay in his crease and he will be just fine. Huge game now tonight and a good measuring stick for the Devils against the Sharks who have been 8-1-1 in their last 10-games as well.

Kovy-Notes

This year, Kovalchuk has three OT game-winning goals. The first gave MacLean his first win as a head coach, the most recent gave Lemaire his 600th. The one in the middle came the game after his infamous shootout slip-up.

During this six-game points streak, he has:

- 4 goals (2 game-winners)

- 3 assists

- a plus-7 rating

I still haven't gotten over the fact that the OT winner appears to me to be a no-look shot.

I've been suprised noone else has mentioned that myslef.

Also, I would have liked to see Arnott's post shot replayed a couple more times. The stop on Zubrus was shown a few times but I don't remeber seeing Arnott's shot from a good angle.

Why is this thread pinned and todays game thread not?