‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I know everyone is really worried about Parise. Well, here is another thing that may make you just a little more nervous:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Martin Brodeur very likely to test free agent market. Brodeur has hired Pat Brisson (CAA) to represent him. Bidders get ready!

:(:unsure: :unsure: :koolaid::giggle: :giggle:

sigh

Tons of teams looking to reap in the publicity and merchandise $$

This works in other sports, but not really in hockey. Did Atlanta reap a ton of money off of Chelios? Did Carolina or Boston reap a lot of publicity and merchandise $ off of Coffey?

This is not even close as Gretzky traded to LA in the prime of his career.

I know it's all just a bunch of rumors but I gotta admit I'm getting a little nervous here.

I wouldn't even know what to expect out of this team next year without Zach and Marty.

Also I'd start to be very concerned about the financial issues. I'm not ruling ego out here but I would be very suspicious.

im really nervous about the ownership issues now, i'd really really prefer watching the devils playing in their old arena than watching all this sh!t going down.

if it does all come down, then fans around the league will make fun of the Devils blaming Kovalchuk for everything. It would actually be on Jeff

As a fan, I'm almost more worried about Marty signing somewhere else than the Zach situation right now. Marty's been my favorite since I was a little kid, it'd be pretty sh!tty to see him put on another jersey.

The Zach situation, I've already accepted and am anticipating him signing elsewhere. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if he's a Devil next year.

per TG

Devils have a budget for next season and that is impacted by finances. Where Parise's contract fits -or if he leaves - will impact that.

at first i was concerned about this, but it really doesn't mean anything that we didn't know. the devils were never going to be a cap team so they've got a budget of, say, $60MM in true payroll. that can fit both parise and marty (as TG just tweeted) but parise comes first and that determines what's left for Marty (and everyone else).

at first i was concerned about this, but it really doesn't mean anything that we didn't know. the devils were never going to be a cap team so they've got a budget of, say, $60MM in true payroll. that can fit both parise and marty (as TG just tweeted) but parise comes first and that determines what's left for Marty (and everyone else).

i tried to built a roster on capgeek just resigning our player and giving marty 4m and zach 7.5m and i still had like 7-8m left so we dont have to spend to the cap to have the same team we had

i tried to built a roster on capgeek just resigning our player and giving marty 4m and zach 7.5m and i still had like 7-8m left so we dont have to spend to the cap to have the same team we had

So add another 1 mil to marty bc he needs it and maybe another .5 to ZP :D

im really nervous about the ownership issues now, i'd really really prefer watching the devils playing in their old arena than watching all this sh!t going down.

That makes 0 sense. If we were still at that dump then we would be like the Islanders with having to worry about if our team is going to move. Plus I was back at the Meadowlands a few weeks ago for a WWE event and I forgot how horrible that place really is. It took a good 40 minutes to park the car cause of those horrible parking decks they put up for the American Dream(Xandau) nightmare mall.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

Just talked to Parise. His agents are still talking to #njdevils, so no guarantee yet he becomes a free agent Sunday (cond)

Also.

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

If Parise becomes free agent, he said it's possible teams would meet w him at his agents' offices starting Sun. (ala Richards) #nhl #mnwild

Edited by TheMazz

Not sure if this has been posted already, but, if this isn't tampering, I don't know what is...

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/13/zach-parise-new-jersey-devils-minnesota-wild-nhl/?sct=obnetwork

I can't see how Lou isn't going to go after the Wild after the way they've conducted themselves throughout this process.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Not sure if this has been posted already, but, if this isn't tampering, I don't know what is...

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/13/zach-parise-new-jersey-devils-minnesota-wild-nhl/?sct=obnetwork

I can't see how Lou isn't going to go after the Wild after the way they've conducted themselves throughout this process.

Unbelievable. In the end Parise knows he will get big offers from Detriot, Pittsburgh, and Minnesota.

This was posted a while back, the story from the link is even dated June 13th and there is discussion about it somewhere mid thread. Your mileage may vary but the consensus I got from this board is that it's not tampering as long as the person doing the speculating is not directly affiliated with the team.

not a peep from parise or lou, so that's good news. at least they are busy talking.

That's a positive spin on it, I guess.

One day left to hear of a deal, and then it's all hell.

This board will implode on the 1st if things go as I'm fearing they will.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.