NSFW: Cam Janssen interview

Mayday

This is actually a case of Cam not thinking for a second that anyone would ever hear about this back in NJ.

Funny thing is, if Cam was on the radio in St. Louis to talk about a charity event he was doing there, we would never have heard of it. Because it was negative, it explodes everywhere. Too bad really.

Edited by ben00rs
  • Like 1

This is actually a case of Cam not thinking for a second that anyone would ever hear about this back in NJ.

Funny thing is, if Cam was on the radio in St. Louis to talk about a charity event he was doing there, we would never have heard of it. Because it was negative, it explodes everywhere. Too bad really.

You would think he woulda learned something from the TMZ fiasco that was all of a month ago.....

You would think he woulda learned something from the TMZ fiasco that was all of a month ago.....

I don't think that was much of a fiasco. It seemed to have blown over. I'm hoping this will too. But he may not be that lucky.

It was nice to hear a hockey player talking openly, but he did say a lot of stuff that will anger sensitive people.

Anyone know how to download the video from the SB Nation site? I was going to download it off youtube but didn't get around to it in time. I searched for the .swf file but I couldn't get the correct source of the video.

Ive got it downloading now, Ill up it to somewhere you can grab it once its done.

i would put my money on an explanation hahah

Cam: "Because of an on-going injury, I will be retiring from the game effective today. This has nothing to do with my radio comments whatsoever."

a few hours later to TG:

Lou: "You can't replace a Cam Janssen."

Edited by ben00rs

Anything Devils related is going to be seen by Wyshynski like I thought. He's going to chose to write about this, especially when he can be the first one to talk about it.

Besides the gay comment, it's really a fascinating interview if you can get past it as it touches on everything the NHL should be concerned about.

Edit: I think Cam picked a good day for this to come out with everything that is happening with Joe Paterno and the rest of the higher-ups at Penn State. This is nothing in comparison.

Edited by devilsrule33

THERE WAS NO GAY COMMENT! WTF is wrong with you people. Chill the fvck out and get over your Politically Correct selves. If you think he'd beat the sh!t out of someone just cause they're gay and not beat the sh!t out of someone cause he's straight you're a fvcking moron. He was talking about dropping gloves with everyone when the guy asked him that. Stop the overreaction, thinking you're bettering man kind by going the PC route. You really just make yourself look stupid. If you're offended that easily I honestly feel really really bad for you. Life has GOT to suck so incredibly bad being offended on a constant basis.

THERE WAS NO GAY COMMENT! WTF is wrong with you people. Chill the fvck out and get over your Politically Correct selves. If you think he'd beat the sh!t out of someone just cause they're gay and not beat the sh!t out of someone cause he's straight you're a fvcking moron. He was talking about dropping gloves with everyone when the guy asked him that. Stop the overreaction, thinking you're bettering man kind by going the PC route. You really just make yourself look stupid. If you're offended that easily I honestly feel really really bad for you. Life has GOT to suck so incredibly bad being offended on a constant basis.

I don't think anyone here has shown they are offended. I did acknowledge that in today's world it's a pretty dumb thing to say for any athlete, especially with the media trying to spin anything. Regardless, if you were a gay hockey player having to live with this kind of stuff, maybe you handle this differently. But it's also a pretty dumb thing for any Devils athlete to do an interview like this when Lou Lamoriello is your boss and controls if you make 700K and live a good life in the NHL or make 150K and tough it out in the minors.

If you do read the Puckdaddy comments, not many are pissed at him for the cock-sucking comment, but rather how much of an idiot he comes off as. Many here might think that if this wasn't a Devil being interviewed.

Edit: I do want to say one thing though: this comment shouldn't be taken lightly joke or not. Even if this is a joke, Cam is probably one example of hundreds and hundreds of professional hockey players. And if they are all making comments like this, joke or not (probably joking around), it's still a pretty damn problem and the reason the You Can Play Project exists.

Edited by devilsrule33