Old Devils Mascot "Slapshot"

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have that hat and got it signed by Stevens, Dano, Richer, Driver, and for some reason the mascot on the same night that picture above was taken if I'm not mistaken. Think that's a meet the team event from early in the 93-94 season. Wore the hell out of that hat through the 95 cup run. That was the year the mascot ruled. He'd dump cracker jacks on Ranger and Flyer fans and threw a Ranger fan's jersey under the zamboni one night.

I love Starter jackets. I even miss those bulky caps of the 90's.

Mike

I actually have that hat and got it signed by Stevens, Dano, Richer, Driver, and for some reason the mascot on the same night that picture above was taken if I'm not mistaken. Think that's a meet the team event from early in the 93-94 season. Wore the hell out of that hat through the 95 cup run. That was the year the mascot ruled. He'd dump cracker jacks on Ranger and Flyer fans and threw a Ranger fan's jersey under the zamboni one night.

That was the same night. The hand in the foreground belongs to my little brother. It was also the same night that I hung out at Brodeur's empty table for a solid hour.

That was the same night. The hand in the foreground belongs to my little brother. It was also the same night that I hung out at Brodeur's empty table for a solid hour.

Yeah I bet Terreri had a huge line though. I think I got Marty to sign a calendar they gave out to everyone. This was late October-Early November 1993 so who knew what the future would bring for him. I think that was one of the last times they held an event like this if not the last time.

Wow, how very 1990s this picture is. Check out the Starter jacket on NJ's assistant there.

The only thing that could make that picture more 90s is some purple and turquoise.

EDIT: ...with Gonna Make You Sweat by C+C Music Factory playing in the background.

Edited by devilsfan26

Yeah I bet Terreri had a huge line though. I think I got Marty to sign a calendar they gave out to everyone. This was late October-Early November 1993 so who knew what the future would bring for him. I think that was one of the last times they held an event like this if not the last time.

Terreri's was one of the longest. I had Marty sign the Calendar, a card, a puck, a giveaway jersey/tshirt and a hat.

• 2 years later...

This is a pretty funny post.  I didn't think he was too bad.  Maybe it was because I was a kid when they had him, but it was pretty funny seeing a big puck walk around with the NJ on the back.  He looked cooler in person and when you saw the back and the NJ logo.  I kind of wish they would bring him back and use both mascots.  They just have to hire people that have character and class. 

I scanned this the last time someone went looking for a picture of the infamous horned puck:
scan0027.jpg

I was in attendance at the game where he was introduced for the first time...the crowd was like "WTF is that?!"  The reaction was not terribly enthusiastic. 

How did you get that picture of slapshot that you have on your profile?

My avatar is taken from the point of view of a female suite attendant circa 1993.

It's pretty random, but I was just doing a search on slapshot and came across this post.  Kind of like the guy that started the post, was just curious to remember what slapshot looked like

Okay fine I'm going to ask... How the actual fvck did you find this thread?

That's great.  did you have any other photos?  and/or a bigger photo size of the one you have? So far this is the only color photo I've seen of him

That's the only one I have. It's a scan of an old photo. I should still have it on my PC at home. I'll add it to this thread if I find it.