We Got Rutuu

Daniel

I wanted him to stand pat. Ruutu is the worst Devils trade I can remember. As Tri just said, the Devils LW core is a disaster. 

The 'Canes are STILL probably in "Did we really just pull that off?" mode.  Were they able to hide their chucking/glee over the phone as they were talking to Lou? 

Again, it all depends on how much salary is picked up.  If it's 50%, it's a decent deal because the Ruutu contract will move again if it has to, even if NJ has to eat 25% of the remaining cost.

TG now saying 'some' - so I would estimate some at 20%.  Not good enough, unfortunately.

Edited by Triumph

Well I feel a little bit better now that we know some of the $ was retained by CAR.

That's something.  Kinda like finding out your car only has three flat tires instead of four.

The good news?  Ruutu is in the top 20 in the NHL in hits.

The bad news?  We got a $5 million version of Steve Bernier.

Can Ruutu fight? I have long suspected that Steve Bernier is in fact a giant bitch when it comes to fighting. I dare someone to prove me wrong. Bernier hits but he isn't truly physical he's to much of a pansy.

The good news?  Ruutu is in the top 20 in the NHL in hits.

The bad news?  We got a $5 million version of Steve Bernier.

That's going too far.  Bernier isn't quite as effective physically nor does he have the offensive talent (and SO talent) of Ruutu.  Plus we're not paying $5 million for him.  Maybe $4 or less, depending on retained salary.

Big friggen deal.  It's kinda easy to waive your NTC when you realize the team you play for doesn't want you...

Yeah well Teemu didn't waive his NTC to come here when we were a Cup team.  And it took Langs half a season to waive his.