Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they will wear the elongated numbers like the other stadium series jerseys are having. They have been mandated to be elongated by the NHL as to allow their numbers to be seen easily from the upper decks.

It seems like every team is having a special jersey created. I wonder if NYR and NJD will get away with just wearing their normal throwbacks. I kind of fear we might be getting something new... Hopefully just simple & classic, not like those Islanders ones.

It seems like every team is having a special jersey created. I wonder if NYR and NJD will get away with just wearing their normal throwbacks. I kind of fear we might be getting something new... Hopefully just simple & classic, not like those Islanders ones.

Well Lou has come out and basically said they'd be wearing their retro jerseys.  The only thing that hasn't been confirmed is if it'll be the chrome logo or the regular retro logo.

Well Lou has come out and basically said they'd be wearing their retro jerseys. The only thing that hasn't been confirmed is if it'll be the chrome logo or the regular retro logo.

if it's chrome I'd assume they would have to change the trim colors as well. Edited by oofrostonoo

No one knows and I think it's up to the teams when they want to announce it.

I wouldn't let devils den touch any of my jerseys, even if it is 25% off

This.  They use tackle twill namplates, and the color doesn't even match up.  The jerseys players wear all have air-knit nameplates.

Any idea when the official announcement of the jerseys is? Want to get them on 25% off customized jerseys night next week....

The lady who runs the store in Gateway Center (near Newark Penn) said she probably wouldn't be getting any until January, and she wasn't even sure about that.

The chrome logos IMO evoke the exact opposite idea of what these games are... The idea of playing outdoors is supposed to harken back to old time pond hockey, throwback uniforms, playing for the love of the game, etc.

It's a completely confusing message to slap a chrome logo on the uniforms and tell them to play outdoors.

The chrome logos IMO evoke the exact opposite idea of what these games are... The idea of playing outdoors is supposed to harken back to old time pond hockey, throwback uniforms, playing for the love of the game, etc.

It's a completely confusing message to slap a chrome logo on the uniforms and tell them to play outdoors.

100% agree. I understand the Cali teams, but it'll be a real damn shame if any of the remaining teams are made to incorporate the chrome logos.

Edited by DJ Eco

100% agree. I understand the Cali teams, but it'll be a real damn shame if any of the remaining teams are made to incorporate the chrome logos.

it was my understanding that the chrome is for the stadium series, which includes all the games except the winter classic, so leafs and wings should be spared the silliness.

Lol I can't imagine how terrible a chrome leafs logo would have looked... I'd be interested to see how silly a chrome Blackhawk is going to look.

it was my understanding that the chrome is for the stadium series, which includes all the games except the winter classic, so leafs and wings should be spared the silliness.

Lol I can't imagine how terrible a chrome leafs logo would have looked... I'd be interested to see how silly a chrome Blackhawk is going to look.

The clue to the Devils is the shirts you can buy in stores. The Devils have both a non-chrome logo player name and number shirt and a chrome logo shirt without a player name and number on it. The chrome shirt is like this for a reason. They aren't wearing the style jersey therefore don't have a font of the name and number on the back. The more shirts that came out for other teams made this a lot easier to see that the Devils were rebelling against it.

Edited by TheRedStorm