Do you guys play NHL 2004?

NJ_Devils_Fan

I'm so addicted to NHL 2004. Contrary to what Nedved says, it's great. There are a lot of problems, but the gameplay is realistic (except for the goalies who somehow manage to pass it to a forward on the blueline with one hand on the stick when they have 2 of the opposing team's forwards in the crease). The UI sucks, and EA Sports Online is pretty weak, but it's a good game.

I'm sorry, but the goalies are rediculously easy to score on. At least it's not like ESPN though, where the goalies are impossible to score on. There are a lot of problems, especially with the computer AI. The passing isn't crisp, the guys on your team skate right past the puck all the time, and they don't do anything on defense, they just back up until they're behind the net and let the guy get a breakaway.

I'm sorry, but the goalies are rediculously easy to score on. At least it's not like ESPN though, where the goalies are impossible to score on. There are a lot of problems, especially with the computer AI. The passing isn't crisp, the guys on your team skate right past the puck all the time, and they don't do anything on defense, they just back up until they're behind the net and let the guy get a breakaway.

Turn the AI up to difficult. Then they get less easy. On easy and medium, I could score just by walking it over the blueline and taking a slapper with a good shooter. On difficult, you have to work for goals.

Passing not being crisp is intentional. This way you can put passes off the boards, lead guys, etc. You have to learn to aim your passes.

Turn the AI up to difficult. Then they get less easy. On easy and medium, I could score just by walking it over the blueline and taking a slapper with a good shooter. On difficult, you have to work for goals.

Passing not being crisp is intentional. This way you can put passes off the boards, lead guys, etc. You have to learn to aim your passes.

Yeah, I play on Difficult, you may have to work for goals, but I still score at least 6 goals a game, sometime up in the teens. I haven't played the one player game at all, so it might just be online that the game is easy (even on difficult) but I did play my friend a couple times and I beat him pretty bad. Do you play online for PS2?

Yeah, I play on Difficult, you may have to work for goals, but I still score at least 6 goals a game, sometime up in the teens. I haven't played the one player game at all, so it might just be online that the game is easy (even on difficult) but I did play my friend a couple times and I beat him pretty bad. Do you play online for PS2?

I have it for PC. Are you going for "money goals" like cutting across the crease? You should also tweak your sliders.