239 replies to this topic

#141 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,995 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Josefson has turned a career 2 S/G player into 3 S/G player...Too bad Anderson can't finish

I bet a lot of this is usage, aren't they putting Anderson on the point on the PP?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#142 SMantzas

SMantzas

Head Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I bet a lot of this is usage, aren't they putting Anderson on the point on the PP?

I believe Larsson, Butler, Hraberenka and Burlon are

#143 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

I think they had Joe 'Tiny' Whitney on the point last weekend.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#144 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,640 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Tonight's home game against St. John's (7 PM) will be carried live on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio (Sirius 207, XM 92).
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#145 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

At the Titans game. Wedge not starting, but Clermont is in net for Elmira. Would have been awesome to watch our prospects square off.

#146 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Wedge in now after Hovinen lets in 3 goals in the 1st.

Clermont stopped 14 of 17 in the 1st.

#147 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,477 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Sounds like Kinkaid had a good night, 44 saves, 3-2 win.

#148 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Sounds like Kinkaid had a good night, 44 saves, 3-2 win.

He had a Cujo type good night, he creates so many problems by his piss poor positioning. Any time he moves side to side he ends up falling or moving past his angle. Without some serious coaching he has very little NHL potential. Then again, Sean Burke turned a similar goaltender into Mike Smith.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#149 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Josefson is clearly quicker with his first stride this season. His skating is pretty much what Parise's was as a winger and plenty good for a center. He is shooting quite a bit more, he shot looks crisp as well. He won't beat goaltender from outside but he should convert on more goals in the high slot.

Tedenby didn't play terrible from an offensive perspective but he is still terrible on the cycle, weak in the corners and poor in his own end. Unless he makes himself effective in the offensive zone on the rush he isn't going to be a good player.

Larsson looks about same as last year but at this level he looks so much better. He seems to be making decisions a little quicker on the blueline.

Gelinas had a terrible time with his breakout tonight, he didn't look at that good.

MacPherson is terrible.

Pesonen had a good game as well, he was hard on the forecheck, used his speed well and kept the puck down low.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 02 December 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#150 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Wedge edged Clermont in the shootout, after a shootout of a game. 7-6 Titans.

Wedge stopped all 5 shooters in the shootout.

Had a chat with Wedge while we were waiting for the media to finish speaking with Coach Williams.

He's a funny guy. We chatted about Clermont, WJC's, his "concussion", Niko Hov's, tomorrow's game vs Elmira again, and Albany and their lack of scoring. Fun game, Wedge admitted it was an awful game, hence the score.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324, 01 December 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#151 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,668 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

You can watch the Clermont vs. Wedgewood shoot out here: http://titanshockey....shootout-video/

Wedgewood is getting the start against Elmira tomorrow after stopping 19 of 22 shots in 45 minutes of relief. He's 6-5-0-0 through 12 games with a 2.65 GAA and .912 SV%.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#152 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

You can watch the Clermont vs. Wedgewood shoot out here: http://titanshockey....shootout-video/

Wedgewood is getting the start against Elmira tomorrow after stopping 19 of 22 shots in 45 minutes of relief. He's 6-5-0-0 through 12 games with a 2.65 GAA and .912 SV%.

While he made all the saves Wedgewood looks small and deep in his net, I imagine a lot of white was seen by the shooters.

#153 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Any player who was on an AHL Clear Day roster is eligible to sign an AHL contract.

The more I think about it, the more Gionta would just be taking up space. The Devils know what he can and cannot do - why have guys like Mills and Gionta there? They're also going to have players who brush up against the AHL games limit, throwing another one on to the pile complicates matters further.

Albany signed Stephen Gionta today.

Edited by JWomp, 03 December 2012 - 12:36 PM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#154 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,995 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Albany signed Stephen Gionta today.

With Henrique down, a spot opened up. Although they still have too many forwards.

#155 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Wow I just saw that Justin Schultz is leading the AHL in points.

#156 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Wow I just saw that Justin Schultz is leading the AHL in points.

Edmonton having a dman that isn't atrocious might actually be a boon for them. Of course Schultz is totally unproven at the NHL level, but you gotta admit signing him could be big if he's all they say he is.

#157 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Butler has 4 goals and an assist so far tonight

#158 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,995 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

4 in a row for Albany, starting to coalesce into the team I thought they would be.

#159 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

I think they found some magic with Whitney and Butler together. Those two have been playing so good since they got put on a line together.
By the way, I recently noticed that Joe Whitney is only on an AHL contract. He doesnt show up on cap geek for the NJ Devils so im assuming that means hes only on an AHL contract. The kid in my opinion could be a really good NHL player. Ive always been impressed with him when I go see the Albany Devils. Question is, do you guys think the Devils have any intention of giving him a shot at the big team? and also, if he is on an AHL contract does that mean the Devils could sign him to an NHL level contract whenever they want to? Or do they need to wait till free agency when his contract is up to sign him (which every other team can do as well)? Just curious. I really like the way this kid plays, he kinda reminds me of B. Gionta. Wouldnt want to lose him.

Edited by njd3b1ink, 12 December 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#160 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Albany has sooo many games in hand on teams ahead of them. Should be able to be around the middle of the east if they can keep winning.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users