Johan Hedberg at rangers camp on professional tryout?

SterioDesign

CUTE!! Id love to have he and Marty face off.  Plus my daughter still loves Moose.  Her dad would like to see her cheer for the Rags once in her life.

oh wait.... as she often informs us, some of her earliest words were indeed Rangers Suck.  She sang the annoying whistle and shouted "ayn errrs uck!"  not at a game incidentally - it was on her dad's shoulders at Bridgewater Commons.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Can't blame a guy who is scraping the bottom of the barrel after being rejected by every other team in the league.

WTF? He was not rejected by every team. He passed on a few opportunities, so he didn't have to uproot his family again. He was holding out for a spot like this. A chance at being the backup on the Rangers is one of the best jobs in the league for a guy like him.

WTF? He was not rejected by every team. He passed on a few opportunities, so he didn't have to uproot his family again. He was holding out for a spot like this. A chance at being the backup on the Rangers is one of the best jobs in the league for a guy like him.

I guess my sarcasm and exaggeration didn't make it through on my post.

If Hedberg's willing to take a cheap enough contract it could be a win for the Rangers.  Either they sell Biron off, presumably retaining some of his salary in that transaction, or they demote him to the minors and eat 375K of that deal.  If Hedberg signs for say 600k (which he very well could and would make as much money if he had played out his contract this year), that's a 325k savings.

But I don't think the Rangers could expect much of Hedberg if he did sign.