Offical Devils vs Rangers thread

#9Delieve

I have this big Devils flag outside my house and I'm outside reading wen this dude driving by yells out "Rangers baby" so I shouted back "You suck!!"

Haha those bastards.. This is New Jersey, I won't take any sh!t on my team's turf

thats funny....whatever theyre dads raised them wrong

The thing about the Rangers is that you could dominate and keep them pinned in their zone for a while. They somehow manage to keep the pucks out and prevent other teams from scoring on them by their blocking/collapsing defense. Then somehow they figure out a way to carry the puck across, create an opportunity and score on the other end. This is something they've done a lot during the season/playoffs. Devils have to be wary of that part.

The next thing about the Devils is they get their first goal but then have trouble trying to put in the second or third goal despite getting many chances.

In '94, a Rangers loss would have devastated them...........the Devils could survive it ( I still haven't), and the Devs obviously did.

2012, a Devils loss would be devastating (mainly for the organizations psyche), but I believe the Rag$ can survive it.

Let's see that play out.

im nervous how our forecheck will fend against the rangers d corps

The Rangers had to go to 14 games to take care of the eighth and seventh seeds respectively. They are without a doubt the most overrated team left in the playoffs. Their scorers are not effective and are solely relying on the play of Henrik. All the Devils need to do is exploit and find a way to beat Lundqvist and they will have this series within the palm of their hands. I don't think the Rangers will be a match for the New Jersey forecheck.

The Rangers are beatable and weary.. all we gotta do is play Devils hockey.

I dunno what they think, but the reaction of the Ranger players after beating the Caps had an air of 'we just won the Cup'

That right there is fodder for our boys.

Extinguish the ghosts of 94.

They're playing a "opponent doesn't matter" game, but that attitude says it does.

They're scared, and are dependent upon the Queen.. get to him early and often and we can make quick work of them.

Marty has to pull out all of his tricks and our forwards have to go high on the Swedish Meatball.

It will be hard. it will be hell, but when all is said and done it will be worth it.

LGD!

Edited by sassquash

Anyone know where I can watch the game with devils fans in NYC? I was hoping for an official viewing party... but it hasnt happened. And I do not want to go to the bars in NYC as it will be crowded with Ranger fans.

I actually know 1 bar on times square that is sopposed to be a devils bar (on 47th street) but Ranger fans go in anyway and it turns out to be 50/50.

The thing about the Rangers is that you could dominate and keep them pinned in their zone for a while. They somehow manage to keep the pucks out and prevent other teams from scoring on them by their blocking/collapsing defense. Then somehow they figure out a way to carry the puck across, create an opportunity and score on the other end. This is something they've done a lot during the season/playoffs. Devils have to be wary of that part.

The next thing about the Devils is they get their first goal but then have trouble trying to put in the second or third goal despite getting many chances.

Very true, but that will help the Devils Fenwick and Corsi numbers, so it is good for the devils.

The Rangers top 4 def have logged a TON of minutes the first two rounds, they'll be a bit tired. We need to come in hard and wear them down, and force mistakes.

Wouldn't count on it. Rangers D is young and well conditioned.

They won't be tired in game 1, but they will by game 4!

not worried about it. This is not like me or you playing a game and then having to go to work the next day. They have access to the best therapy equipment money can buy and a staff of trainers and massage therapists to help get them fresh. Devils have had 5 full days off, but the Rangers have been off 3 of the last 4 days. Not as if they were playing a game every night while the Devils were resting.

I have this big Devils flag outside my house and I'm outside reading wen this dude driving by yells out "Rangers baby" so I shouted back "You suck!!"

Haha those bastards.. This is New Jersey, I won't take any sh!t on my team's turf

I love you.

not worried about it. This is not like me or you playing a game and then having to go to work the next day. They have access to the best therapy equipment money can buy and a staff of trainers and massage therapists to help get them fresh. Devils have had 5 full days off, but the Rangers have been off 3 of the last 4 days. Not as if they were playing a game every night while the Devils were resting.

The track record re: teams' play going into the 3rd round following two seven-game series wins is pretty bad. This is what I am hanging my hat on more than anything else, as far as the Devils winning the series goes. Lundqvist has really owned the Devils' shooters, as we all know. I'm glad many of my fellow Devil fans are feeling so confident, but I don't see how they're any closer to solving Lundqvist now than they were previously. I can see several games where the Devils outplay the Rangers, but Lundqvist's play steals a win. And if he shuts the Devils down for 3 or 4 periods to start the series, I can see the Devils already getting frustrated and gripping their sticks a little tighter.

There is NO part of me, NONE, that doesn't think we win this series.

Well, in that case I guess the Devils can't lose. I mean, NO PART of you, NONE! Funny, a Flyers fan said the same about the Caps-Rangers series. NO part of her thought the Caps would not beat the Rangers.

The track record re: teams' play going into the 3rd round following two seven-game series wins is pretty bad. This is what I am hanging my hat on more than anything else, as far as the Devils winning the series goes. Lundqvist has really owned the Devils' shooters, as we all know. I'm glad many of my fellow Devil fans are feeling so confident, but I don't see how they're any closer to solving Lundqvist now than they were previously. I can see several games where the Devils outplay the Rangers, but Lundqvist's play steals a win. And if he shuts the Devils down for 3 or 4 periods to start the series, I can see the Devils already getting frustrated and gripping their sticks a little tighter.

Well aware of that number, but it really doesn't mean anything once the puck is dropped. On one hand, the Devils have not played a team that plays the team D or has the goaltender like the Rangers. On the otherhand, the Devils are not as likely to go into a shut down mode like the Caps did. The Rangers should have more opportunities to score against the Devils, but the Devils will likely look to set the tempo a lot more than the Caps did. Going to come down to the goalies, and how well each team can get to rebounds. With that in mind, I'll take Lundqvist and the Rangers D over Brodeur and the Devils D any day.

Well aware of that number, but it really doesn't mean anything once the puck is dropped. On one hand, the Devils have not played a team that plays the team D or has the goaltender like the Rangers. On the otherhand, the Devils are not as likely to go into a shut down mode like the Caps did. The Rangers should have more opportunities to score against the Devils, but the Devils will likely look to set the tempo a lot more than the Caps did. Going to come down to the goalies, and how well each team can get to rebounds. With that in mind, I'll take Lundqvist and the Rangers D over Brodeur and the Devils D any day.

Everyone talks about the Devils facing a bad defensive team in the Flyers last round and, of course, the Rangers are a HUGE amount better defensively than Philly, but the Flyers are also enormously more talented offensively than New York and the Devils did a very good job of limiting their ability to score.

Everyone talks about the Devils facing a bad defensive team in the Flyers last round and, of course, the Rangers are a HUGE amount better defensively than Philly, but the Flyers are also enormously more talented offensively than New York and the Devils did a very good job of limiting their ability to score.

They were only a "bad defensive team" because we beat them. No one will mention the fact that we completely shut down their lethal offense and power play. If we do beat the Rangers, the pundits will blame the two game sevens...

It's a lose-lose, but who cares, when you're a Devils fan. I sure don't. 3 Cups in my lifetime are way better than getting a nice writeup on ESPN or NHL.com...

They were only a "bad defensive team" because we beat them. No one will mention the fact that we completely shut down their lethal offense and power play. If we do beat the Rangers, the pundits will blame the two game sevens...

It's a lose-lose, but who cares, when you're a Devils fan. I sure don't. 3 Cups in my lifetime are way better than getting a nice writeup on ESPN or NHL.com...

yea fvck that then.. if anyone actually uses, "well the rags only lost because they were tired from the two game 7 series.".... then yea well your sh!tty team should have handled those 7th and 8th seeded teams a little better