OFFICIAL DEVILS FEEDBACK LETTER & RESPONSE

DevilinLA

Lou- "Well atleast we don't have to pay them."

If Lou's philosophy could be summed up in nine words, I think those might be the correct nine right there. :lol:

Also, Ring of Fire is an EXCELLENT idea. If nothing else, I really hope the team listens to that suggestion. It's the perfect way to honor guys like Brylin, Driver, MacLean, Muller, Sundstrom, Chico, etc., etc.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys here is the first immediate reply. :

:clap::clap::clap:

This first message comes from marketing. Its a start and seemingly good sign. Remember that a copy of the email went out to management and a snail mail to both Lou and Jeff as well (that'll take a few days to arrive). at the very least (before all the naysayers start w/the daily diet of do-nothing doom and gloom) - its a prompt and immediate response!

Dear NJDEVS.COM,

Thank you for your recent e-mail and for taking the time to compile the list

of suggestions and constructive comments from our fans. Your document is

being disseminated among our management team for review, discussion, and

implementation. We will endeavor to incorporate as many of the suggestions

as we can this year and in future years where practical. We will be in further

communication soon.

We would encourage you to communicate with us and I would be personally

available to discuss any issue, problem, or recommendation you or the group

may have. Again, we appreciate your interest, comments, and mostly your

support of the New Jersey Devils.

Best regards,

Christopher Modrzynski

Sr. EVP/Chief Operating Officer

Additionally, a phone # was given to me for contact purposes. I'm not going to post it here publically, but I will make it available to those who wish to use it for positive purposes via a PM.

Edited by DevilinLA

Great job, and for the record, I was the one who requested LESS dancing girls. That kind of thing is bush league and did nothing to inspire the crowd whatsoever. The girls themselves looked incredibly uncomfortable doing it and you could definitely tell that they weren't trained very well. Hockey does not need cheerleaders.

I agree with this 100%. The one thing hockey has going for it is that it's one of the most family friendly sports out there. There's other places to see that stuff (like on the corner a few blocks away from the stadium).

...and I would be personally

may have.

Verrrry good. Verrrry good. :koolaid:

Wow, that took no time at all and is a REALLY good sign! How cool would it be to see a bunch of the exact ideas proposed in the letter taken into effect next season?

It's nice that it's late-June and we Devils fans have something to be excited about other than free agency. Great work LA!

Wow, that took no time at all and is a REALLY good sign! How cool would it be to see a bunch of the exact ideas proposed in the letter taken into effect next season?

It's nice that it's late-June and we Devils fans have something to be excited about other than free agency. Great work LA!

Because as a Devils fan, it's rare and probably foolish to be excited about free agency anyway. :ph34r:

And just so I'm not being all negative, THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER to DevilInLA for putting this whole thing together. Well done sir. :cheers:

what might be nice is to try to have a multi-board (this, devilsrule, hfboards, nj.com) discussion on ANY significant replies you may get. It would be awesome if Lou/JVB asked "for an audience/meeting" and fans from 3 (or more) boards showed up.

Either way, they are a side show, they don't interfere with the game so why does it bother anyone? You're not forced to look at them unless you liked watching the guys in overalls clean the ice.

Hey I'm trying to get that job for next season! And they don't wear overalls, they wear black jumpsuits.

With regards to the letter, congrats on getting a response, it looks like they are really taking this seriously. I hope the marketing people who are getting paid to do these things are embarassed haha.

Edited by devilsfan26

Well guys here is the first immediate reply. :

:clap::clap::clap:

This first message comes from marketing. Its a start and seemingly good sign. Remember that a copy of the email went out to management and a snail mail to both Lou and Jeff as well (that'll take a few days to arrive). at the very least (before all the naysayers start w/the daily diet of do-nothing doom and gloom) - its a prompt and immediate response!

Dear NJDEVS.COM,

Thank you for your recent e-mail and for taking the time to compile the list

of suggestions and constructive comments from our fans. Your document is

being disseminated among our management team for review, discussion, and

implementation. We will endeavor to incorporate as many of the suggestions

as we can this year and in future years where practical. We will be in further

communication soon.

We would encourage you to communicate with us and I would be personally

may have. Again, we appreciate your interest, comments, and mostly your

support of the New Jersey Devils.

Best regards,

Christopher Modrzynski

Sr. EVP/Chief Operating Officer

Additionally, a phone # was given to me for contact purposes. I'm not going to post it here publically, but I will make it available to those who wish to use it for positive purposes via a PM.

Great job on the letter there DevlinLA! :koolaid:

Like SH said, Chris is pretty high up in the Devils marketing as he does a lot for the Devils as far as promotions, things put up on the scoreboards and rings as well as music and entertainment for the Devils. Glad top see a letter like this hit the Devils and hopefully finally someone will listen to improve the Devils marketing side of things to come.

Cool. It would be nice of they implement even half of the ideas.

Hey MSweet is Chris the Suit guy from your party?

Hell, ANY of the ideas, although there's quite a few here that merit serious consideration.

I really hope this guy is genuine and just another corporate schelp who skimmed through this, said to himself, "yeah, right, whatever," and isn't really planning on addressing anything written in the letter. Like others have said, DevilinLA put a lot of thought and effort into this, and his letter represents the ideas of fans who spend good (some would say too much, especially with fuel costs) cash to attend these games. I hope Christopher and whoever else sees it actually take it seriously and at least consider some of the ideas listed there.

Hell, ANY of the ideas, although there's quite a few here that merit serious consideration.

I really hope this guy is genuine and just another corporate schelp who skimmed through this, said to himself, "yeah, right, whatever," and isn't really planning on addressing anything written in the letter. Like others have said, DevilinLA put a lot of thought and effort into this, and his letter represents the ideas of fans who spend good (some would say too much, especially with fuel costs) cash to attend these games. I hope Christopher and whoever else sees it actually take it seriously and at least consider some of the ideas listed there.

Nah I think they are taking it seriously based on the response. If they were just going to ignore it, he probably wouldn't have taken the time to write back. Also if they want to bring in more fans I don't see why they would ignore the fans' ideas unless they aren't feasible. I don't think any of these seem outrageous.

Nah I think they are taking it seriously based on the response. If they were just going to ignore it, he probably wouldn't have taken the time to write back. Also if they want to bring in more fans I don't see why they would ignore the fans' ideas unless they aren't feasible. I don't think any of these seem outrageous.

Yah, he probably would have gotten a "Thank you for your suggestions. We will take them under consideration." form letter.

Great Letter DevilInLA! Lets hope they seriously consider some of the items for promotions this season.

I know that this is late, but I was at the Rays vs. Sox game last night and got an idea. At the Trop, they sell cowbells and the Devils should sell mini cowbells and call them "Hells Bells".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.