what was the last concert(s) u attended??

annabelle

NIne Inch Nails/Queens Of The Stone Age/ My Chemical Romance 2weeks ago..pretty good actually!

Gwen Stefani last week...booo whut a waste of someone elses money... :puke:

Going to Aerosmith with Lenny Kravitz on Dec 8th...(my beeday!!) That's gonna be rad!!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd bring this thread back from the archives especially with it being the summer and a lot of music festivals going on.

I have spent the last 4 days living on msuic and will for the next week as the annual Bluesfest is right now in Ottawa. This year it has an incredible lineup.

I have already seen Bob Dylan, George Thorogood & The Destroyers, Michael Franti and Spearhead (I have been waiting to see them for years and it was an amazing show), and B

I haven't been out to a good show in what seems like forever. I think it was May of last year I saw Boy Sets Fire (RIP) at The Downtown in Farmingdale, Long Island. They've been one of my favorite bands for years now, it still hurts to know that they've broken up :saddevil:

Wow, last bands I saw were The Toaster/Planet Smashers last year (phew that was ages ago). But going to see Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake this week....woohoo, two of my favourite bands and they always give great performances.

We were going to be going to Jazz fest in Montreal next weekend, but now possibly have a BBQ that we promised we'd go to.....sucks. Saw Cirque Du Soleil last time we went, for free, which was damn cool.

How was it? I used to like Funeral For a Friend, but the last few albums have been horrible.

I only listened to the newest album once, and I wasn't crazy about it but the 4 songs they played from that cd sounded a lot better live than on cd. They were good though, I have seen them a lot live and they always put on a good show.

I haven't been out to a good show in what seems like forever. I think it was May of last year I saw Boy Sets Fire (RIP) at The Downtown in Farmingdale, Long Island. They've been one of my favorite bands for years now, it still hurts to know that they've broken up :saddevil:

RIP to The Downtown as well. I miss that place, it was one of my favorite venues.

Man the last one I went to was Ozzfest last year. I thought it was horrible until Atreyu got off the stage and Black Label Society came on. After that it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to it this year with 3 Inches of Blood and Lamb of God, and also the fact that they are having it at PNC which is closer to me, and it is free. Is anyone else going? I have a reserved seat that I'm trying to trade for a lawn seat.

Christina Aguilera :S Going to Justin TImberlake and Beyonce in the coming months...oh wow, it's like I'm 16 again!

...Good Charlotte.:doh1: I dont go to alot of concerts though, the very first one I've been to was Britney Spears when she was still normal and somewhat innocent then i saw Good Charlotte a couple years back and....thats it. Lol

Edited by XxLancerHockeyPridexX

Well I saw U2 last night and it was easily one of the greatest nights of my life seeing my favourite band of all time. Bono and the gang puts on a fantastic show. The crowd started off slow but got really into it for the most part. All in all the crowd was pretty bad for a U2 concert so I have heard. I'd imagine that.

The setlist was fantastic from start to end. The first encore had Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways, and With or Without You. It really can't get better than then that.

Hearing Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride and One live was quite special. '40' closing the show was the clincher.

Until the End of the World is a great song. It tends to get overlooked with all their other great stuff but that along with Bullet Blue Sky and Bad are three of my favorites.

Last concert I went to was Guns N' Roses last November at MSG. It was great. Every show I've seen of GNR has been and that's the new band. I can only imagine how awesome the original act was with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler teaming with Axl. I mean I've seen plenty of classic footage off DVDs, etc. But whoever was there actually in person were extremely lucky.

MSG is great and I also went with my brother five years ago (Dec, 2002) and that was pretty special because it was the first time I ever saw them. I thought the tribute during Heaven's Door was very well done. You have to remember the time frame. It really feels like yesterday.

November Rain was just awesome. Everytime it just sounds tip top. But the best part was before they went into it when Axl went into a rant about Conan and started handing out Krispy Kreme donuts to fans while Buckethead tossed toy gifts to fans. LMAO

MSG is a fun venue but I felt the three shows we went to at Hammerstein were even better last year. Maybe cause it's a smaller place but the energy and the sound in there was electric.

The new songs are pretty good too. The Blues is definitely my favorite and would be a hit if the long anticipated album ever comes out. :lol:

They're currently touring again in Europe and were at last check in Australia.

Yea I saw the Gunners at Hammerstein last year too. I had a great time. The energy fwas phenomenal, I only wish I could've seen the original band. That woulda been a sight. I have a bootleg of one of the nights, if you want it, PM me.

Which show? The last was awesome because of Izzy being there.

I think it was the first night.

Yep. We were there up in the balcony. Awesome stuff. I'll never forget what someone said waiting in line for one of the shows. Discussion came to another concert which had Journey as part of the ticket with Def Leppard headlining it. And they said they couldn't go because they'd be too embarrassed because it was Journey. LMAO

I also ran into an old friend who I used to work with for that opening night and he termed it, "The Axl Rose Holiday." LOL

I saw Third Eye Blind a few months ago...they were celebrating the 10th anniversary of the release of their first album, it was a damn good show.

I don't remember my last show, I think it might have been Mae/Sherwood/Relient K in Albany. I feel like I've been to something more recently, but I can't remember.

I'm going to see 311 again at the end of the month. Only my third time seeing them (and third straight summer), was hoping to see them a few times this summer but tickets aren't the cheapest in the world.

A few other shows I saw this past little while that are worth mentioning...

The Killers - They put on a good show and sound great live but they rushed through their set way too fast.

Matisyahu - A must see show for anyone. One of the best concerts I have ever seen. Such a fun time and his band, Roots Tonic has to be one of the most talented bands out there.

Matisyahu - A must see show for anyone. One of the best concerts I have ever seen. Such a fun time and his band, Roots Tonic has to be one of the most talented bands out there.

I saw him at Starland Ballroom over a year ago. I thought it was a good show but I thought he stretched the songs out too many times. I would never pay to see him though.

Man the last one I went to was Ozzfest last year. I thought it was horrible until Atreyu got off the stage and Black Label Society came on. After that it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to it this year with 3 Inches of Blood and Lamb of God, and also the fact that they are having it at PNC which is closer to me, and it is free. Is anyone else going? I have a reserved seat that I'm trying to trade for a lawn seat.

I wound up with reserved seats too but I'm just not going to go into the seated area. Once you're in the concert area they're not gonna check to see if you're supposed to be on the lawn, they'll only check if you try to get into the reserved seating area.

They generally think if you want to sit in the lawn, you're basically taking a downgrade. I think of it as a huge upgrade though.

ANYWAY, to be somewhat on topic...last show i went to was LiveEarth yesterday. Before that was Dresden Dolls/Red Paintings/Sxip Shirey at Starland in October, which was A-FRIGGIN-MAZING.

Upcoming shows include Blues Traveller at the NJ Balloon Festival dealie (I don't know, someone asked me if I wanted to go and it gives me a reason to get the weekend off), possibly TV On The Radio in Brooklyn on July 29th, Muse/Cold War Kids at MSG on August 6th, Incubus at PNC in August, and Ozzfest.

I'd love to see The Smithereens at Jenks but I don't know a damn thing about the shore area and no one wants to go with me. And it's a Monday.

Matisyahu is playing with 311 this summer. I'm looking forward to it, but I wouldn't pay to see him -- it'll def. be an experience, though.