Sixers e-mail fans to buy Devs tickets

MadDog2020

Well some Sixers fans would probably rather watch the Devils than their team give up 111+ points a game! :P

All jokes aside, I think it's clear that these owners are the corporate types and don't really care about fans feelings at all. I don't mind as long as they pump $ into the on ice product but if I was a Philly fan, I'd be pretty pissed right now.

Well some Sixers fans would probably rather watch the Devils than their team give up 111+ points a game! :P

All jokes aside, I think it's clear that these owners are the corporate types and don't really care about fans feelings at all. I don't mind as long as they pump $ into the on ice product but if I was a Philly fan, I'd be pretty pissed right now.

I mean, there's no bedside manor here. Its clear these guys don't really have a feel for their customers. It started with all the goal song crap up here, and now you have them asking people who are likely Phailures fans to buy tickets to watch two teams they hate. Common sense- anyone in the new ownership group have it?

I just think it's more distressing that the Devils are struggling to sell tickets to a friggin outdoor game at Yankee Stadium that will be shown in NBC coast to coast.

Have you seen the prices? They're outrageous. I'm not buying tickets to this game at the prices they're asking, and I fully planned on going to this game the minute it was announced. But not for $200 a pop. Not a chance.

The quality of these games are lousy and the seats are worse, and they want people to pay much more than normal.  Novelty, sure, but when you announce 6 outdoor games, are people incorrect in thinking 'Hmm, well, maybe this won't be the only time I get to see the Devils outdoors, I'll wait until the pricing is sane'.

i saw the article for this also... didnt bother to read it though. who the hell really cares if they sent sixxers emails about devils tickets?... this forum is board lol

this forum is board. Yes I agree.

I also agree that I don't care who the owners market to as long as they don't mess with the on ice product.

And why is it sold out to the general public but they're offering these deals? Is there some incentive by making people think it's sold out when it really isn't?

Lol yeah but according to the devils email last week it's sold out but if you purchase a half or full season plan you also then have the opportunity to purchase the Yankee stadium game too.

Yeah it's "sold out" all right.

i saw a commercial for that too... like who the hell is really going to buy season tickets just to get tickets to one game i mean come on... do they think no one has heard of stubhub ebay ticketsnow craigs list... theres plenty of other ways to get tickets if someone really wants to go

Lol yeah but according to the devils email last week it's sold out but if you purchase a half or full season plan you also then have the opportunity to purchase the Yankee stadium game too.

Yeah it's "sold out" all right.

Except this is nothing new.  There's always hold overs.  I guarantee you those hold over tickets will be sold eventually.

this forum is board. Yes I agree.

I also agree that I don't care who the owners market to as long as they don't mess with the on ice product.

And why is it sold out to the general public but they're offering these deals? Is there some incentive by making people think it's sold out when it really isn't?

I agree.. A lot to do about nothing

The game is sold out and will be sold out.. Different parties, including both teams (as well as the Yankees), were given ticket allotments.. The Devils tried to use theirs to sell people on season tix while the Rangers offered a hat and scarf for theirs.. I see no reason why that is a bad thing.. I mean if anything you could argue why do the Rangers need to offer extras to sell theirs?.. Both also hooked up their current STH with a decent amount

So they have a few extra they're hanging on to and are using the fact that the other groups sold theirs out to try and get a few extra folks to go full season.. Probably won't work, but they also know they have some time and can easily give those tix to corporate sponsors and/or potential new sponsors they are schmoozing.. And why not also throw out the offer to 6ers STH? Maybe you get one or 2, or you don't and no harm no foul

You guys are making a big deal out of nothing.. If you want to talk about struggling sales just look at the Islanders game.. That one is actually struggling a bit

The game is sold out and will be sold out.. Different parties, including both teams (as well as the Yankees), were given ticket allotments.. The Devils tried to use theirs to sell people on season tix while the Rangers offered a hat and scarf for theirs.. I see no reason why that is a bad thing.. I mean if anything you could argue why do the Rangers need to offer extras to sell theirs?.. Both also hooked up their current STH with a decent amount

So they have a few extra they're hanging on to and are using the fact that the other groups sold theirs out to try and get a few extra folks to go full season.. Probably won't work, but they also know they have some time and can easily give those tix to corporate sponsors and/or potential new sponsors they are schmoozing.. And why not also throw out the offer to 6ers STH? Maybe you get one or 2, or you don't and no harm no foul

You guys are making a big deal out of nothing.. If you want to talk about struggling sales just look at the Islanders game.. That one is actually struggling a bit

yeah I'm not surprised about the isles game... It never made sense to have two games in the same week with one of the teams being the same. The novelty will be gone after our game, most of the die hard rags would have already gone and by Wednesday the city will be in Super Bowl mode big time.

It would have just made more sense to have one devs isles game but of course the rags would cry about not being in it despite already having a winter classic. And the nhl wants milk as much $$$ as possible out of this.

I don't see anyone making a big deal out of this at all. I think most of us just think it's funny that the ownership would send out an e-mail for a Devils game to a group of people who are most likely Flyers fans. I laughed.

I don't see anyone making a big deal out of this at all. I think most of us just think it's funny that the ownership would send out an e-mail for a Devils game to a group of people who are most likely Flyers fans. I laughed.

hey if it sells one more ticket than they'd sell w/o the emails, I say go for it

maybe if you were a little more specific I could've figured that out

even though the link to the article that started this thread referred to the winter classic game, and even though I mentioned two other winter classic games being played, I thought it was obvious.  I will make sure to dummy it up for you in the future.

I just think it's more distressing that the Devils are struggling to sell tickets to a friggin outdoor game at Yankee Stadium that will be shown in NBC coast to coast.

For me, its the venue. Yankee stadium will be horrible for watching an outdoor game and look very unimpressive on tv IMO.

And the new owners are soul-less corporate stiffs. Can they just pay the bills and leave things alone?

I think Colin and I were more talking about people making a big deal about the ticket sales for the game. Edited by dmann422