Jon Merrill recalled from Albany

gardenstatepkwy

Harrold placed on IR retro to Oct 28

Corey Schneider activated

Keith Kinkaid returned to Albany

@NHLFREEAGENTS: New Jersey Devils recalled (D) Jon Merrill from Albany & assigned (G) Keith Kinkaid to the Albany Devils #NHL #AHL

Defenseman Peter Harrold placed on injured reserve, retroactive to Oct. 28. D Jon Merrill recalled from @AlbanyDevils. #NJDevils

#NJDevils assign G Keith Kinkaid to @AlbanyDevils. G Cory Schneider activated off injured reserve.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez Lou's really thumbing his nose at the league rolling guys in and out of IR.  The Tedenby, Sal and Harrold injuries are extremely 'questionable' to put it mildly, especially one and three.  Small consolation that we can do this when we're going to be out a lottery pick at the end of the year though.

Didn't he hurt his hand last night?

He did.

Gelinas had a lousy game last night. Marty bailed him out a few times. Obviously with any rookie you'll have some of those, but perhaps Merrill's going to be the instrument of Deboer's infamous tough love with Gelinas.

Listen.  One bad game shouldn't be an automatic removal of the lineup.  The coaching staff needs to let the youngsters learn from their mistakes and bad games.

Regardless, Gelinas is most likely out because he hurt his hand last night.

He did.

Listen.  One bad game shouldn't be an automatic removal of the lineup.  The coaching staff needs to let the youngsters learn from their mistakes and bad games.

Regardless, Gelinas is most likely out because he hurt his hand last night.

I'm not saying that 1 lousy game should mean automatic removal. I'm saying that seems to be Deboer's MO. I didn't say I approved of that MO. As far as Gelinas' hand TG said it didn't appear to be bothering him postgame yesterday so I'm of the belief that it's an excuse and that it's really just Deboer doing what Deboer does.

I'm not saying that 1 lousy game should mean automatic removal. I'm saying that seems to be Deboer's MO. I didn't say I approved of that MO. As far as Gelinas' hand TG said it didn't appear to be bothering him postgame yesterday so I'm of the belief that it's an excuse and that it's really just Deboer doing what Deboer does.

Yea I hear ya.  If his hand is fine, then he should play.  And I think if they use my pairings, it would help out the offense.

I hope he's playing.

Greene - Fayne

Gelinas - Larsson

Merrill - Zidlicky

Those are 2 really good offensive pairings (bottom two), and one good 2-way pairing (Greene and Fayne).

Really good? Two rookies, a 3rd year guy who has yet to blossom, and Zidlicky is nowhere near "really good". I'm as much of a believer that Merrill/Gelinas/Larsson will amount to something, but those pairings are barely "NHL level" good at this point. I know we're forced to, but thats the lineup you play when you're 20 points out of a playoff spot and need to see what the kids have.

Edited by ghdi

Really good? Two rookies, a 3rd year guy who has yet to blossom, and Zidlicky is nowhere near "really good". I'm as much of a believer that Merrill/Gelinas/Larsson will amount to something, but those pairings are barely "NHL level" good at this point. I know we're forced to, but thats the lineup you play when you're 20 points out of a playoff spot and need to see what the kids have.

Zidlicky has been our best defenseman by far.  Greene and Fayne have also been pretty good.  So far Gelinas and Larsson has worked out really well, but it is still too early to truly see what we have in them.

Zidlicky has been our best defenseman by far.  Greene and Fayne have also been pretty good.  So far Gelinas and Larsson has worked out really well, but it is still too early to truly see what we have in them.

If you only look at points, yes, you're right. Greene has been the best defenseman, period. He plays big minutes against top lines and never really has a WTF moment. Fayne is close and I think could become better, he just needs consistent playing time. Hopefully he stays in the line-up from here out. Zid, while playing well, is nowhere near our best defenseman. He does provide an element of offense and speed that no one else on the back end can do.

If you only look at points, yes, you're right. Greene has been the best defenseman, period. He plays big minutes against top lines and never really has a WTF moment. Fayne is close and I think could become better, he just needs consistent playing time. Hopefully he stays in the line-up from here out. Zid, while playing well, is nowhere near our best defenseman. He does provide an element of offense and speed that no one else on the back end can do.

Zid makes some defensive mistakes, but he does actually know how to play defensively.  This year he hasn't been bad defensively.  Greene has been excellent.  Don't get me wrong.  But his offensive game has been lacking.  I think overall Zid has been our best d-man.