So Eric Lindros

ghdi

OK but seriously guys....we joke, but he looks kind of normal. Most normal 40 year olds look about that size. 

You guys should kind of know - it's fine if you look like that now.  And if you don't yet, you probably will some day - and it's not so bad.  It's a constant battle and some decades are better than others. but for chicks - fat doesn't really hurt a guy at the end of the day.  There's no such thing as deal-breaker fat.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK but seriously guys....we joke, but he looks kind of normal. Most normal 40 year olds look about that size.

You guys should kind of know - it's fine if you look like that now. And if you don't yet, you probably will some day - and it's not so bad. It's a constant battle and some decades are better than others. but for chicks - fat doesn't really hurt a guy at the end of the day. There's no such thing as deal-breaker fat.

And that's exactly why this country has an obesity problem.

And that's exactly why this country has an obesity problem.

:doh1:  no, it's not. 

Pandemic obesity is not a result of a policy of acceptance.  :rolleyes:  

You don't want me to wax tolerant?  I don't want you to wax sanctimonious so let's just drop this now.

I will give you that the fact he looks normal is a sign of the pandemic.  but whatever the hell you were trying to say -- you didn't say THAT.  And I'm not being deliberately obtuse here.

Edited by Pepperkorn

he looks like he should be driving around Hunterdon in a pick up.  Or at the hunt club cook out flippin' burgers and acting like a sexist pig.

I guess what I'm saying is he just looks like your average run of the mill drunk. :evil:

Excuse me, but I take offense to that statement. I happen to reside in Hunterdon, unfortunately, and in the past, owned a Dodge Dakota, are you trying to say I'm a fat drunk?!?!

Excuse me, but I take offense to that statement. I happen to reside in Hunterdon, unfortunately, and in the past, owned a Dodge Dakota, are you trying to say I'm a fat drunk?!?!

Touchy much? I live in Hunterdon as well and I thought PK's reference was funny.  A while back I was sitting at a table next to the bar and some guy sat at the bar and all he wanted to talk about was the back 40.  He found folks to talk with. :lol:

/end tj

Gotta admit, I thought this Lindros pic was a photochop.  I didn't think that was real.  That pic is almost as shocking as when I saw Shawn Chambers on the ice at the '95 reunion.

As for the whole obesity thing...let's face it, lots of reasons behind it.  Terrible portion control, lots of bad food that's easy to get (and cheap...fast food and junk food are very affordable, but so is healthy food), parents who pass their bad eating habits onto their kids (that's the most annoying one, the big fat mom or dad filling up the shopping cart with sweets and other crap for his or her big fat kids...heaven forbid you might look in the mirror and think about setting a better example), lack of education about making good food choices, complete lack of self-respect and discipline...and yes, in some cases, bad genetics that make some people predisposed to being heavier than most.  Those people I feel for. 

Don't eat crap, don't eat too much, and get some exercise, and chances are, even if you're not rail-thin or ultra-ripped as result, you'll at least be in decent shape.       

:whistling:

:giggle:

But seriously -- I should have added "with a Flyers logo on the gate."  -- my bad

and my most favorite blog ever:  http://summertomato.com/  I went through the whole farm share thing - HAD to eat vegetables since I shelled out $600+ for them.  Now I'm an addict.  Yes I'm one of those farmers market seasonal sustained eating assh*les :uni: What's worse having the sheep and the chickens and being in Hunterdon - I'm just such a tragic Joel Salatin reading locavore comical arch-type...  THEN i lost my baby weight (yes my daughter IS 10.) and then I discovered Summer Tomato.  Soooo much better than every freaking training diet, clean eating and all that crap.  I just can't think that much about food.  This is totally second nature -- FIRST nature. Truly I do not think about it. I love Summer Tomato because she find all the scientific data that confirms what you know - what your body tells you.  And she loves to rag on Dr Oz the freaking crack pot - I HATE that sell-out with his quackery.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Touchy much? I live in Hunterdon as well and I thought PK's reference was funny.  A while back I was sitting at a table next to the bar and some guy sat at the bar and all he wanted to talk about was the back 40.  He found folks to talk with. :lol:

/end tj

I'm not really upset, I was being sarcastic, but I guess that didn't really come through. I'm not even a fan of the place in which I live.

Imo, Hunterdon is the worst county in the state when you're talking about things to do, aside from nature, trees are nice and so is the ken lockwood gorge, but at the same time, the closest movie theater is 20 miles from my house. I mean, dammit, they even bulldozed the one in Flemington for a new CVS and PNC, bastards. Now there may not even be 2 theaters in the whole damn county. Between that and the fact that everyone who's family moved here from elsewhere at some point in their life has a 95% chance of being a snobby douche, I can't stand hunterdon county.

They can take all that wealthy this, healthiest that, least polluted county bs. Don't care. I would give all that for a decent deli, a non-chain restaurant that isn't awful and a chinese place that delivers. BUT DON'T CALL ME FAT DAMMIT! lol.

Edited by ATLL765

I'm not really upset, I was being sarcastic, but I guess that didn't really come through. I'm not even a fan of the place in which I live.

Imo, Hunterdon is the worst county in the state when you're talking about things to do, aside from nature, trees are nice and so is the ken lockwood gorge, but at the same time, the closest movie theater is 20 miles from my house. I mean, dammit, they even bulldozed the one in Flemington for a new CVS and PNC, bastards. Now there may not even be 2 theaters in the whole damn county. Between that and the fact that everyone who's family moved here from elsewhere at some point in their life has a 95% chance of being a snobby douche, I can't stand hunterdon county.

They can take all that wealthy this, healthiest that, least polluted county bs. Don't care. I would give all that for a decent deli, a non-chain restaurant that isn't awful and a chinese place that delivers. BUT DON'T CALL ME FAT DAMMIT! lol.

I'm in Hunterdon (Annandale).  I rather like it myself, though I agree, wish there were more movie theaters!  For me it's Hackettstown, Bridgewater, or Phillipsburg, and none of those are terribly close.  But that one in Flemington HAD to go.  It was trapped in 1975. 

Lots of nice farms and trails.  If you like nature, you could do a hell of a lot worse. 

I'm in Hunterdon (Annandale).  I rather like it myself, though I agree, wish there were more movie theaters!  For me it's Hackettstown, Bridgewater, or Phillipsburg, and none of those are terribly close.  But that one in Flemington HAD to go.  It was trapped in 1975. 

Lots of nice farms and trails.  If you like nature, you could do a hell of a lot worse. 

I will always miss the Flemington Racetrack, especially before it was paved.  Man I have so many great memories of going there with my Dad and afterwards the white t-shirts we wore would be a brown-orange color from all the dirt that was thrown in the air during the race.

We're practically neighbors then, though I'm only in Annandale in mailing address, I'm really Clinton Twp. Nature is great here, that you cannot deny. I will say I love the bike trail from HB to Califon. It goes for like 15 miles total. Just hope that gas pipe, that is the reason that trail is maintained, doesn't explode, lol. I also don't understand why Clinton Twp thought now was the time to allow a giant gas pipe to be installed under a bunch of homes. You can see them putting it in by Payne Rd off 31 before you get to Lilac. I feel awful for anyone already underwater in their mortgage in those areas. I, for some reason, can't foresee a gas pipe under or next to their home helping them out any, lol. I could probably go on for days as to why I dislike this area, which has as much to do with the people as it does the lack of things to do around here.

And yeah, all those theaters are about equidistant from Annandale, just about 20 mins drive with no traffic. I just don't understand why I can't have lunch delivered to my home/office, have more than 1 option for post midnight dining or have a bar that isn't terrible. We don't even have a bowling alley. I'm pretty sure it's requirement to have a bowling alley in order to be small town in the US, just not in this one....

I will always miss the Flemington Racetrack, especially before it was paved.  Man I have so many great memories of going there with my Dad and afterwards the white t-shirts we wore would be a brown-orange color from all the dirt that was thrown in the air during the race.

Tearing that place down was a travesty and I still hope that whole plaza burns down one night. Did it have to be a Wally World? Ugh.

Edit: Sorry I took this real off topic. At least it was a fairly off topic thread, right?

Edited by ATLL765

I swore to boycott Loews plaza built on the fairgrounds/racetrack.  :puke:

We live in Hunterdon.. and are about to get a pick up!  :uni:

There is no ethnic food here - no chinese no Indian.  There is thai in Lambertville.  you have to haul ass up North, what, to Sussex before you get decent German.  There use to be a great German place on 22.

Matt's Red Rooster is really good.  Cook-to-order in Flemington sort of across from Home depot is good enough - spotty though.  Lambertville has some good places.  I haven't eaten at Frenchtown Inn or whatever it is... I used to love the Union Hotel.  I really hope the new owners can make a go of it.

and I love WDVR!  Heehee!  Seargentsville Inn - another spotty but good. Never ate at Milford Oyster House.  Haven't tried the new Ryland Inn yet either.

(Removed redundant rant on nouveau rich in Hunterdon who are still better than the self-important overworked over-sheltered nouveau in Somerset - the driving of each set says it all - they're faster more rude and more brainlessly self important up in Morris/Somerset.)

Hey - BBQ on 31 - that's a good Applebees replacement.  I hate catering to chains.

Edited by Pepperkorn

We're practically neighbors then, though I'm only in Annandale in mailing address, I'm really Clinton Twp. Nature is great here, that you cannot deny. I will say I love the bike trail from HB to Califon. It goes for like 15 miles total. Just hope that gas pipe, that is the reason that trail is maintained, doesn't explode, lol. I also don't understand why Clinton Twp thought now was the time to allow a giant gas pipe to be installed under a bunch of homes. You can see them putting it in by Payne Rd off 31 before you get to Lilac. I feel awful for anyone already underwater in their mortgage in those areas. I, for some reason, can't foresee a gas pipe under or next to their home helping them out any, lol. I could probably go on for days as to why I dislike this area, which has as much to do with the people as it does the lack of things to do around here.

And yeah, all those theaters are about equidistant from Annandale, just about 20 mins drive with no traffic. I just don't understand why I can't have lunch delivered to my home/office, have more than 1 option for post midnight dining or have a bar that isn't terrible. We don't even have a bowling alley. I'm pretty sure it's requirement to have a bowling alley in order to be small town in the US, just not in this one....

Tearing that place down was a travesty and I still hope that whole plaza burns down one night. Did it have to be a Wally World? Ugh.

Edit: Sorry I took this real off topic. At least it was a fairly off topic thread, right?

Same here, as far as the Annandale/Clinton Twp thing goes...mailing address is Annandale, but I don't really live in what is truly Annandale.  I'm in a neighborhood off Leigh Street.  It's a little bit of a trek by foot, but I can walk into the town of Clinton without much fuss.  Still haven't gone to the Red Mill Museum yet.

Re:  Flemington Racetrack...I went there for a carnival event back in the summer of 1988 (I was 18 and had just graduated high school), but never saw a race there.  Wish I had. 

I swore to boycott Loews plaza built on the fairgrounds/racetrack.  :puke:

We live in Hunterdon.. and are about to get a pick up!  :uni:

There is no ethnic food here - no chinese no Indian.  There is thai in Lambertville.  you have to haul ass up North, what, to Sussex before you get decent German.  There use to be a great German place on 22.

Matt's Red Rooster is really good.  Cook-to-order in Flemington sort of across from Home depot is good enough - spotty though.  Lambertville has some good places.  I haven't eaten at Frenchtown Inn or whatever it is... I used to love the Union Hotel.  I really hope the new owners can make a go of it.

and I love WDVR!  Heehee!  Seargentsville Inn - another spotty but good. Never ate at Milford Oyster House.  Haven't tried the new Ryland Inn yet either.

(Removed redundant rant on nouveau rich in Hunterdon who are still better than the self-important overworked over-sheltered nouveau in Somerset - the driving of each set says it all - they're faster more rude and more brainlessly self important up in Morris/Somerset.)

Hey - BBQ on 31 - that's a good Applebees replacement.  I hate catering to chains.

I ate at BBQ on 31 when it first opened and I recall there being more flies than I had ever seen in a restaurant. Never went back. Which is a shame because if there weren't trees, I could see it from my house. Though I guess BBQ has done better than the last couple places that inhabited that building, steakhouse guy got killed, first murder in Clinton in how long?

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/15/nyregion/builder-s-fast-rise-to-success-ends-in-murder.html - Actually pretty interesting stuff. Does anyone know if they ever solved it? I know there were rumors of it being family, etc, but I don't recall if they ever caught anyone. Now it's ten years later. I've actually seen his house(from a distance) and there is NO WAY anyone sneaks up on you there or even goes up the REALLY long driveway to rob his house, which you can't see from the street. I would have to assume he was done in by family or friend.

Before that it was something else, I can't recall exactly, it didn't last too long though.

There's not even options for good chinese in Clinton Twp or the surrounding area, it's peking wok or someplace that isn't as good. Pru Thai is ok, it's eh though, not great, kinda pricey. I do like Aikou in Flemington, in the Pier One/Staples plaza, they're a sushi/japanese cuisine place, but they're pretty good. The thing I want the most is a quality deli though. I'd kill to be able to go somewhere for lunch, that's nearby and has a wide range of hot and cold sandwiches. That would be really great because Just Subs is mediocre at best and so is Ye Olde Sub Base, eh. If I want a sandwich now, I drive all the way to Somerville and go to the new Primos on 22 there. I also like Catered Affair in Hillsborough, but that's bit farther. It's damn near criminal that I have to leave the county to buy a good sandwich.

If I had to pick the best restaurant within like 30 mins drive, it's probably Marsha Brown's in New Hope, which is the one in the church. Great steaks.

WDVR is one of the few stations that comes in with regularity in the area. Hunterdon is some sort of radio abyss in which signals all die. Otherwise you're stuck with the standards, 93.3 which for some awful reason, plays philly games and nascar races instead of music at times, 95.1 where you have to listen to nikki sixx and his stupid side kick woman reading the weather while also reading a romance novel. Stupid. 99.9 has gotten progressively worse since I've listened to it, 102.9 sorta comes in, is tolerable and every once and a while if you're pointed in the right direction you can get 104.3 or maybe even 105.5, probably two of the better radio stations.

I do have to say I wish I got went to the black potatoe fest a few years back when Hot Tuna played an acoustic set there, but I'm always broke, so I never bother to go and have never gotten any perspective on whether it sucks or if it's alright. Anybody have any input on it?

Edited by ATLL765

Same here, as far as the Annandale/Clinton Twp thing goes...mailing address is Annandale, but I don't really live in what is truly Annandale.  I'm in a neighborhood off Leigh Street.  It's a little bit of a trek by foot, but I can walk into the town of Clinton without much fuss.  Still haven't gone to the Red Mill Museum yet.

Re:  Flemington Racetrack...I went there for a carnival event back in the summer of 1988 (I was 18 and had just graduated high school), but never saw a race there.  Wish I had. 

The racetrack was always awesome and saw some pretty fun races as well as pretty spectacular crashes as well.  As a kid the track was gigantic to me but looking at old pictures and comparing them to the standard NASCAR sized tracks it wasn't really much of anything lol.

My family and I used to go to that fair every year when I was growing up.  I think they ended it around the 1999-2002 timeframe from what I could remember.  I think the "remnants" of that fair became that fair they have now in the summer in Ringos.  I have a ton of great memories of that fair and will always remember that it usually just about marked the coming for the end of the summer break for me as it was always held in the last week or two of August.

Oh I also forgot to mention my other big memory of the racetrack is when I met Dick Craig from the Not Just Rock n Roll there when it was still open but it was a paved track at that time.  He was hanging out and doing his show from the infield pit area and afterwards got to meet him on the way out.  I just looked him up again and see he is still doing the show which is somewhat amazing haha.

really...  I'll have to try it then I guess.  My husband's birthday is tomorrow night.  Matt's has a tasting menu I was trying to push him toward.

LOL ATLL - that reminds me of some of the houses around us... they look really out of place and have huge gaits and surveillance cameras - they dot the landscape on little obscure streets.  We always say -- HEY!  There's Tony Soprano's REAL house (as IF he'd hang out on the streets of Kearney).  It was the Clinton story that started us on that.

We still do the Hunterdon 4H fair - my daughter loves it.  and.. the sheep will be making an appearance this year I'd wager...  (The girls (our shetland sheep) just got shorn - OMG they are so ^&*$)^@&* cute.  I carded some of their wool - it smells SOOOOO good and it spins really well - except that I suck :evil: )