2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Ok, I'll say it. Outside a nice 2011-2012 season and two playoff runs, Johnny Quick is a painfully average goalie. I can't think of another goalie who and is regarded as a top 5 goalie is as mediocre as JQ

His style of goaltending gave him a couple years window of great play, but otherwise it's tough to maintain as you get closer to 30. You've seen the way he moves and he wear and tear he puts on his body. His downfall could be coming very "quick"ly...

His style of goaltending gave him a couple years window of great play, but otherwise it's tough to maintain as you get closer to 30. You've seen the way he moves and he wear and tear he puts on his body. His downfall could be coming very "quick"ly...

Posted Image

He was amazing in that shootout against the russians. Other than that he has seemed average at best the last year and change.

When I try tell people that (even ones that aren't Kings fans) they scoff. He benefits from a very defensive system in LA, and he still isn't having vezina level years.

The only person more overrated was the "king" in the 2012 season for the rangers.

I'm torn. Penguins get the Rangers if they best Columbus, right?

So.. I want to see the Jackets win, but I think the penguins have a much better chance of beating the Rags.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I want Pittsburgh to win for that very reason.

Fleury just finds new ways to be terrible every year. He was good in 2008 and made that save in game 6 in 2009, but besides that, everyone but Hugh Jessiman may have been a better pick for them. Even if they'd taken Jessiman, they'd probably have a better goalie now so they may have been better off with Hugh freaking Jessiman of all people

Even more of a reason to get Schneider locked up, you know those a$$holes will come after him now.

In a way it's kind of a good thing in that if Schneider gives the indication that he doesn't want to say, it's just another team that's desperate for a goalie, and will up his trade value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk