Jason Arnott Retires

Devilsfan118

What team did he retire under if any?

here's his statement

"I am very proud and appreciative of the fact I was able to play at the highest level for 19 years, with the best players in the world," Arnott said in the NHLPA release announcing his retirement. "Each of the teams I played for provided me with great experiences and memories, and our Stanley Cup team in New Jersey certainly stands out among all of them."

here's his statement

"I am very proud and appreciative of the fact I was able to play at the highest level for 19 years, with the best players in the world," Arnott said in the NHLPA release announcing his retirement. "Each of the teams I played for provided me with great experiences and memories, and our Stanley Cup team in New Jersey certainly stands out among all of them."

I love you Arnie!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Good luck to him, he was great in 2000, and even though it ws the 2nd cup easily my favorite moment in Devs history, nothing like an OT CUp winner...

Good luck to him, he was great in 2000, and even though it ws the 2nd cup easily my favorite moment in Devs history, nothing like an OT CUp winner...

There was no better line than the A Line. Arnott, Elias, Sykora was lethal. They had great chemistry. A combination of size, skill and speed. What I enjoyed most was their ability to forecheck. A very exciting line. They nearly carried the Devils to a repeat. I still think the '01 team was better. You had Gomez centering Mogilny and Brylin. It gave them another top line. Hard to believe you also had Holik and McKay. Madden and Pandolfo. That was a very deep roster. Only Lamoriello could see it getting stale and take the Cup hero piece and move him for an integral part of their next championship. Only thing I can think of is when the Pens moved Recchi for Tocchet. .

I liked Arnott. I remember there used to be Kovalev for Arnott rumors. That would've been interesting. I echo what Tri said. Not every player becomes a superstar. Kovalev was a productive player who eclipsed 1,000 points. But he'll be best remembered for his contributions to the Rangers Cup. Arnott was similar. Probably better because he became the top center of a great line and Cup hero to boot. It's not like his career fizzled after he was dealt. He still had some good years. But was more of an NHL nomad at the end.

My second Devils game I ever attended, I was probably 9 or 10. I was waiting for high-fives as the players walked in from practice. Somehow, my tiny hand managed to pull Jason's glove off of him. I was terrified. He looked at me, smiled, and said "future hockey player here!". After the game was over, he recognized me again, gave me a puck, and said "next game, let's just fist-bump". He instantly became my favorite Devil. I'll never forget watching him score the game winner against Dallas; I'll never forget sobbing when my dad told me they traded him away, and ill never forget how excited I was when we signed him back. Congrats on a great career, Jason.

That was a really nice story. I'm really glad you shared that with us, thanks!