OT Update: Victory! Free ticket drawing coming soon

JWomp

the entire thing seems fishy to me.

obviously people are finding ways to scam the votes....creating fake FB pages etc...

would not surprise me if the winner doesn't even get the ipad.

ipad 3 will be out in a few months anyway

I thought it was possibly scammy too but I figured what the hell and I just liked it. Didn't harm me one bit.

Also with the rate iPads and other gadgets come out every year you can say that for eternity and never actually get one because you are always waiting for the newer and better one.

Edited by DevsMan84

Congrats JWomp, hope it gets you some browny points with the girl!! banana.gif

Good. What part of "this thread was approved by the guy who owns the site" are you too stupid to understand?

HAHAHAAAA!!!!! worthy.gif

You probably would use a coupon on a first date too.

just buy her the damn iPad

I'm gonna laugh off all the negative comments coming my way now

When you're done laughing all the negative comments off, would you please report to the Free Female clinic down the street from your house? Seems their douche-bag is missing and they're looking for a replacement.

whistling.gif

HAHAHAAAA!!!!! worthy.gif

When you're done laughing all the negative comments off, would you please report to the Free Female clinic down the street from your house? Seems their douche-bag is missing and they're looking for a replacement.

whistling.gif

:)

Congrats!

Wow that was a pretty slim margin.

Regardless congrats!

Congrats!

Just saw the update on FB, Congrats Mc D's

congrats

Thanks so much everyone!!! With such a slim margin of victory, it literally would not have happened without your help. Special thanks to DevilMinder for allowing me to post this thread.

Stay tuned for the ticket drawing. I'll record it and post the video so there's no question as to its fairness. I might not get to it this weekend, but within the week I will make sure to pick a winner.

Thanks again!

Edited by JWomp

Thanks so much everyone!!! With such a slim margin of victory, it literally would not have happened without your help. Special thanks to DevilMinder for allowing me to post this thread.

Stay tuned for the ticket drawing. I'll record it and post the video so there's no question as to its fairness. I might not get to it this weekend, but within the week I will make sure to pick a winner.

Thanks again!

this contest seemed like it came down to who could out scam who.

who enlisted the help of strangers on a hockey forum or who started fake FB pages or who has a FB page for their dogs that voted...etc

i doubt this was the intention of the people who ran the contest.

i guess the devils aren't the only ones guilty of circumvention around here....lol

In all seriousness hope she enjoys, at least the gf of a Devils fan got it...now just keep your fingers crossed they actually send it to you....sounded fugazzi to me.

this contest seemed like it came down to who could out scam who.

who enlisted the help of strangers on a hockey forum or who started fake FB pages or who has a FB page for their dogs that voted...etc

i guess the devils aren't the only ones guilty of circumvention around here....lol

In all seriousness hope she enjoys, at least the gf of a Devils fan got it...now just keep your fingers crossed they actually send it to you....sounded fugazzi to me.

Thanks!

And yeah, I see what you're saying, and in some aspects, I agree. Ideally, the voting should have been left up to the company's Facebook followers and the family and friends of the contestants...but when one contestant takes to spamming the internet, why sit back and watch it happen? Might as well make an effort to keep your head above the water and do the same.

Thanks!

And yeah, I see what you're saying, and in some aspects, I agree. Ideally, the voting should have been left up to the company's Facebook followers and the family and friends of the contestants...but when one contestant takes to spamming the internet, why sit back and watch it happen? Might as well make an effort to keep your head above the water and do the same.

enjoy man, i was only breaking balls....

I'm pretty sure their intention was just to make people aware their website exists. I'm sure I'm not the only one who never heard of them til a few days ago.

ergo... it worked, and they're betting the business it drums up for them will be well worth the price of an ipad.

woo, my vote mattered, unlike the one I will cast in November :)

In Philly my ballot pretty much went into the trash can.

At least now my ballot means something locally, and PA could potentially be a swing state...

But that said, I feel luckier winning this drawing :)

• 2 weeks later...

In Philly my ballot pretty much went into the trash can.

At least now my ballot means something locally, and PA could potentially be a swing state...

But that said, I feel luckier winning this drawing :)

I don't know about that. Wasn't it your House Majority Leader Mike Turzai (R-Allegheny) who said, "Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.”?