Next Time Cory Booker Wants to Call VBK a Fraud . . .

Daniel

VBK can respond, at least I'm not Jeffrey Loria. Geez, talk about absolutely bamboozling the taxpayer. Not only lying about the economic benefits, but lying about intentions to put together a winning team.

(Move to OT if necessary)

Edited by Daniel

This is really more of a status message no? No article, etc

Here's an article I guess to at least prevent the need for google if you don't follow baseball...

http://msn.foxsports...ell-team-111312

I want to know how Loria can face the people of South Florida, the taxpayers who subsidized 70 percent of his $515 million ballpark in Miami.

I want to know how he will market his team to free agents after trading three that he signed for a combined $191 million only a year ago.

I want to know what he will tell star right fielder Giancarlo Stanton, who tweeted after learning of the trade, “Alright, I’m pissed off!!! Plain & Simple.”

Edited by aylbert
  • Like 2

I feel bad for their fans and the taxpayers of Miami-Dade who paid for the new building. That trade should be vetoed and Loria should be removed as owner of the team by MLB (although there is technically nothing wrong with the trade to overturn it). He will use their dissapointing attendance figures and W-L record last season as a reason for the need to clean house. However, he's done this numerous times before and it's no wonder that people don't go to their games. In the end, the Marlins will likely get a larger piece of revenue sharing and have the teams value increase as a result of this move. Maybe they can ban the Marlin from receiving any revenue sharing for the remainder of Loria's ownership as a penalty. Something needs to be done to this guy.