Schedule infos

SterioDesign

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers added Jeff Halpern and Taylor Pyatt. That should help their depth somewhat. Not to mention Torts doesn't use his 4th line a lot anyway.

But relying on those top two lines to power through will bite them. It usually does.

It's all about staying healthy and getting a quick start in an abbreviated season. Hell, FLA ran all last year on one line, I beleve the Rags would have no problem having their top two lines carry them through a half season into the playoffs. This season is going to be more about who starts quickly and who stays hot. Anybody will have a chance to make the playoffs this year, I mean, anybody. MIN was 1st through Dec last season, if they have that kind of start, they'll be a top 4 team(in points, not reality). You get what I'm saying here?

The Caps? You must be in Hot Tub Time Machine and think it's 1986 again lol...we're playing the Caps three times (as are the Flyers and Pens), non-division team now ;)

Five division teams means you play two teams five times (10), two teams four times (8) and the other ten conference teams three times (30).

I almost fell off my chair reading that! Hilarous! :clap2:

Awesome, now I have Motley Crew's "Home Sweet Home" stuck in my head.

Edited by MDPucks

With varying degrees of certainty, I've seen the following reported as opening day games (Steve Lepore has most of them consolidated here as well, but I started this list before I saw his dammit):

New Jersey at Islanders (Gulitti confirms)

Toronto at Montreal

Ottawa at Winnipeg

Chicago at Los Angeles

Rangers at Boston

Philadelphia/Pittsburgh (I don't think anything I've read has specified home team)

Colorado at Minnesota

Columbus at Nashville

Calgary at Edmonton

Anaheim at Vancouver

Philadelphia at Buffalo (Jan 20th) (Buffalo opener. Philadelphia 2nd game)

Pittsburgh at Rangers (Jan 20th) (2nd game for both)

San Jose at Calgary (Jan 20th) (San Jose opener, Calgary 2nd game)

Presumably San Jose and Buffalo are two of the presumably four teams not playing January 19th. Presumably.

Also, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the only teams that HAVE to open on the road due to arena conflicts are us and Carolina, the rest are either open or have enough time for a changeover. Of course, that's only for the 19th, and at least two teams can't be playing opening night because of the lack of inter-conference games.

For what it's worth, Tom Gulitti reports that the Devils home opener is likely 1/22, but that the schedule is evolving on a day-to-day basis.

Edit:

@BNHarrington Very possible these are Jan. 19 East games: OTT-WPG, BOS-NYR, MON-TOR, NJD-NYI, TB-FLA, PIT-PHL, WAS-CAR. #Sabres would be idle team

Edited by thelastonealive

I just can't get over Parise... Here we were, set for another decade, and...

Its only gonna suck for the first few years... Sooner than later hes gonna be a liability with that cap hit compared to his production and we'll be happy that he left... Juuuuuust like Gomez

Don't really know where to post this but does anyone know when the season tickets are going to be shipped out? A friend of mine who is a Rangers season ticket holder just got his tickets today for the first 10 games and they are just marked game 1, game 2, etc etc with no opponents or dates on them.

Hopefully the Devils will be this smart....but thats an oxymoron.

Didn't the NBA do that, or at least the Knicks? (send out season tickets with just 'game 1', 'game 2' on it last year). It may come to that with all this last-minute changing of the schedule. You'd figure they would just have a 48-game schedule in the drawer ready to go since it was obvious from a month ago that's where this was headed, but that'd be too easy for this league.