HTC Droid Incredible

thegame346

Ours are already on thier way. 2 phones costing a grand total of $427.99. After rebates it will be 227.99. Monthly bill will be for 700 shared minutes, unlimited text and web, free nights and weekends, and free calls to any verizon wireless customers about $170 a month. I know thats kinda expensive but I think it will be worth it.

I have read pretty favorable reveiws about it but was wondering if anyone had it and if so how you like it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours are already on thier way. 2 phones costing a grand total of $427.99. After rebates it will be 227.99. Monthly bill will be for 700 shared minutes, unlimited text and web, free nights and weekends, and free calls to any verizon wireless customers about $170 a month. I know thats kinda expensive but I think it will be worth it.

I have read pretty favorable reveiws about it but was wondering if anyone had it and if so how you like it.

I've heard good things, and I kinda want one next time I'm eligible for a new phone.

I have heard that if you don't change the tones from the default (the "Droid" voice from the commercials), it sounds like a Star Wars convention if you get alot of e-mail and texts. :lol:

I have the original Motorola Droid, and love it (especially since I got a devils skin for it :evil: ). And from what I hear, the incredible is even better (I have a friend who just got one).

P.S. I love the "DROID!" ringtone. (only use it for notifications (texts, emails, etc.))

I have the Blackberry Storm 2. I hated it at first but now I love it. The Droid looks absolutely awesome but I want to stick with Blackberry.

The choice of apps for the Storm sucks though. Nothing really interesting... unless someone knows something I don't.

I have the Blackberry Storm 2. I hated it at first but now I love it. The Droid looks absolutely awesome but I want to stick with Blackberry.

The choice of apps for the Storm sucks though. Nothing really interesting... unless someone knows something I don't.

Nah, app choices for Blackberry in general are far fewer than iPhone or Droid. I think I've got maybe five - Weather Channel, a crappy restaurant finder, UberTwitter, SI.com, and one my school put out. Nothing particularly special.

Man forget apps and internet and email, I just wish my phone's alarm clock was louder and would continue to go off until I press a button. What good is the alarm if it just goes off once so that if I sleep through it I'm screwed?

Just a workaround but why not set two alarms 10-15 mins apart? I do that even if my alarm is loud enough.

Just a workaround but why not set two alarms 10-15 mins apart? I do that even if my alarm is loud enough.

I can only set one alarm on my phone and I'm too stubborn/lazy to go buy an alarm clock.

Actually I guess I can set reminders on my phone 10-15 minutes apart, I guess I can just use that as an alarm. Thanks for inspiring that idea haha.

It's an early Blackberry Pearl. I switch back to my old Nokia flip phone when I need to wake up early for something. It gets annoying when I'm using that one and someone calls me or sends a text message who I didn't know prior to getting the Blackberry because their number isn't in my phone.

I got the Droid Incredible this past Friday and it is great. The processor makes everything extremely fast and have yet to run into any issues concerning speed or with signal strength. There are a ton of features on there that I am still exploring and will probably take me a few months just to figure out lol. There are a couple of issues I have with it. First, be prepared to recharge the phone pretty much every night, and maybe a couple of times a day if you are a particularly heavy data user. However I wouldnt say this is an issue unique to the incredible as this is usually the case with most smart phones. If they come out with an extended battery for the incredible i might grab one. The other issue i had seemed to be a bug with the system to where when you receive texts, I do not like to get a sound but instead I like to just get a short vibrate notification. There seemed to be no options in the setting menu to fix this, and I found other people ran into this problem. There is a work-around where you download from the android market "Sound Manager" (which is free) and there you can set it up to where the vibrate for texts works. The only other thing about this is that I have still yet found a use for that optical track thing on the bottom that looks like a hole, but I heard others say it is good for when you need to edit text in an email or text.

I still have a phone that can only make phone calls and text. Check that, I think I can store about 6 pictures.

My previous phone was an old LG flip phone that could only call and text and hold maybe 10-20 pictures, so I know where you are coming from. I initially got the Chocolate touch, but that thing was terrible, and the browser is the slowest thing there is, so I returned it and got the droid incredible. I never thought I would really need or want all the bells and whistles but now that I have it, I feel like I just came out of the dark ages and do not want to go back lol.

I still have a phone that can only make phone calls and text. Check that, I think I can store about 6 pictures.

But did it take those six pictures?

Before my iPhone I had two Razrs...loved them and still use one of them for work (they give us sh!tty phones so I just threw the SIM into my Razr) and it works great. Gotta say though, now that I have my iPhone I dunno what I'd do without it. When my services was down last month I felt lost! :D

I got the Droid Incredible this past Friday and it is great. The processor makes everything extremely fast and have yet to run into any issues concerning speed or with signal strength. There are a ton of features on there that I am still exploring and will probably take me a few months just to figure out lol. There are a couple of issues I have with it. First, be prepared to recharge the phone pretty much every night, and maybe a couple of times a day if you are a particularly heavy data user. However I wouldnt say this is an issue unique to the incredible as this is usually the case with most smart phones. If they come out with an extended battery for the incredible i might grab one. The other issue i had seemed to be a bug with the system to where when you receive texts, I do not like to get a sound but instead I like to just get a short vibrate notification. There seemed to be no options in the setting menu to fix this, and I found other people ran into this problem. There is a work-around where you download from the android market "Sound Manager" (which is free) and there you can set it up to where the vibrate for texts works. The only other thing about this is that I have still yet found a use for that optical track thing on the bottom that looks like a hole, but I heard others say it is good for when you need to edit text in an email or text.

I too was a little disappointed with the battery consumption. Sucks power like a French whore. When it is in sleep mode it uses very little power... maybe 10-15% over an 8 hour period which is great because I have to put the phone up at work because its not allowed in the workcenter so at least thats good.

Overall I recommend the Droid Incredible to anyone looking to buy a new smartphone. My ex GF is a verizon wireless employee and she is the one that sold me the phone. If any of you are interested in buying it I can give you her contact info. I got my phone in 5 days including the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of upgrading my sad WIndows Mobile based phone and the Incredible is on the short list of phones I am considering. What scares me is the lack of timely updates. Android moves very fast but HTC/Verizon move very slowly. Look at how long it has taken for the Eris and Hero to get updated. If you can root your phone (and so far I have not seen root achieved on the Incredible) you can install third party ROMs but that is always a little sketchy. I dunno. A little over two weeks until the new iPhone is revealed. I have hung on this long. I can make it a couple of weeks.

I have the Incredible (got it the day it came out) and it's great.

Pros:

Fast as hell processor.

Awesome camera.

Android OS. More than enough apps available now. Free Turn-by-Turn.

Sense UI. HTC's custom UI that sits on top of Android.

Beautiful and responsive screen.

7 home screens for widgets and apps.

Flash support.

Cons:

This thing eats battery power for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Better keep a charger nearby.

Hands down the best smart phone on Verizon right now. Verizon is also a much more reliable network than ATT.

Android release updates all the time and they usually need to be ported to the phones (e.g. drivers, etc...). I wouldn't worry about that.

Edited by mrthemike

Rumors of a droid two are floating around now. I might make the plunge if the keyboard is good.

From what I heard, the Droid 2 is going to have a slightly better keyboard than the original Droid from Moto. That is about it and nothing too special. I heard the screen is going to be a little bigger and run Android 2.2 (Froyo) as well.

I just ordered my Droid Incredible extended battery from a 3rd party hardware seller. The battery is a 1750 mAh compared to the 1300 mAh battery that comes with the phone. Cannot wait till it arrives!

This thread is entirely too technologically current for me. My cheap ass can't afford anything that requires more than a $10 data package.

Thinking about upgrading from my refurbished Env2 to a Samsung Reality. Anybody have one?

Rumors of a droid two are floating around now. I might make the plunge if the keyboard is good.

From what I heard, the Droid 2 is going to have a slightly better keyboard than the original Droid from Moto. That is about it and nothing too special. I heard the screen is going to be a little bigger and run Android 2.2 (Froyo) as well.

I just ordered my Droid Incredible extended battery from a 3rd party hardware seller. The battery is a 1750 mAh compared to the 1300 mAh battery that comes with the phone. Cannot wait till it arrives!

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/05/31/motorola-droid-2-flashes-its-keyboard.html