So it's Carolina

msweet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Devils are so much more confident and better than the Rangers, such that they made the Rangers look like an AHL team. I think we may see something similar against Carolina. I think Patty and the rest of the guys are going to play as hard as they did in Game 1 against the Rangers and try to dominate early on. The major difference is they cant and most likely will not let go and give momentum back to the Canes. Canes have more firepower from other lines and if given the opportunity can strike back.

Edited by Anhkheg

I think it just said that the playoffs begin Friday on OLN.

No way in hell they start both East series on one day and both West on another.

They'll probably have us on Saturday afternoon, and have a Canadian series on Saturday as well.

if its true that both games are friday then the devils might not be televised... because they said the buffalo ottawa game is on oln... i wouldnt be able to see the devils here in GAY pennsylvania where i go to college....

I hope that is true. I am off work then but I have to work all of Saturday.

By the way...does anyone know what Carolina's typical lines and defensive combinations are?

I took a gamble and decided to go to the Met game with my friends on Saturday, because I was almost sure we would start Sunday. I'm praying game 1 is Friday.

i just watched the game on yahoo webcast and i was not impressed with carolina, to be perfectly honest. i thought montreal would win the game, but they missed a ton of chances that the devils, imo, will not. the canes didn't generate much offensively and guys like weight and recchi don't scare me in the post-season. i'd say devils in 6.

As usual, agreed. I'll do a longer analysis of this series on its own thread because I'm like that, but this is a pretty good abstract of what I'll write. Don't forget Cory Stillman and Ray Whitney, two guys who I've disrespected for years and for good reason.

Thankfully, Eric Cole is out for Carolina. He is the most frightening player the 'Canes have except for Staal.

Voros is a Canes fan, remember? They're the ones in Albany next year.

Game 1 Saturday.

Bill Clement just said Buffalo-Ottawa starts Friday, which mean NJ-CAR on Saturday!

Don't know if it's NBC or not.

YEah it's NBC at 10 am my time.

It's Saturday then or it's a late game. One game starts at 3 pm my time on OLN and the other I believe starts at 6 pm my time.

Canes had a great year but they have been hit by injuries and have a weak D(see commod). I like the matchup. Just hope the week off doesn't mess up the magic that they have been playing with.

Edited by puck

Hartford have *NOT* been impressive all series long. Cam Ward HAS been impressive, but the rest of the Whalers did not control the game flow they way they should have. Tonight was a classic example. Montreal had a LOT of great chances, but they either shot themselves in the foot (Murray) or Cam Ward came to the rescue.

And really, who would you choose between the Whale and the Sabres right now?

Figuring out who plays when besides Ottawa depends on a few things. Would it be fair to have the Flames or Ducks open on Friday?

If Calgary won, I would imagine the Sharks would play the Avs at 10:00 or 10:30 after the Sens game on Friday and NBC would have the Devils-Canes and CBC would have Flames-Oilers later that night on Saturday.

I guess if the Ducks won, the Sharks might play the Oilers Friday and the Devils-Canes and Ducks-Avs would play Saturday but I am sure CBC would have to have a Saturday night Canadian game so maybe the Devils and Canes would play Friday while the Sharks-Oilers play Saturday Night and the Ducks-Avs play an NBC afternoon game.

And really, who would you choose between the Whale and the Sabres right now?

"Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime."

(I am of absolutely no use in this thread. :evil: )

I hope not. Because I have Met tickets that day.

YEAH METS!!!!!!!

if its true that both games are friday then the devils might not be televised... because they said the buffalo ottawa game is on oln... i wouldnt be able to see the devils here in GAY pennsylvania where i go to college....

Me too, I would get the Sabs game, but also I will be too drunk to watch it Friday as it is Slope Day here and that means waking up at 7 am and drinking through the day and the Ben Folds Five concert and through the night. It would be nice to wake up at 3pm Saturday and watch the devs.

Anyone catch the TSN feed of the Failures-Sabres game when they were discussing possible scheduling? They mentioned that the league may put one Ottawa game on Friday and one on Monday so as to not interrupt "Dora the Explorer". I didn't catch the rest of the conversation but it something to do with a "Swiper" character and a "Diego".