Rags practice to be on TV tomorrow

John Wensink

I went to a game last season - they have 3 intro videos before the game

• Welcome to NY

• Welcome to the self-proclaimed most famous and greatest arena on Earth

• Rangers intro, I sh!t you not, consisting of 50% highlights from 1994

Thank GOD the Devils don't market themselves solely on the basis of past success.. Lou may be a hard ass but he gets it right when his one focus is the current team and season, not individual players or past success.. Doing it in the playoffs is fine, but the regular season is about the current season and players

That organization is a disgrace. Nothing but a propaganda machine of loserdom. The sad thing is, like we were discussing the other day, that the majority of their fans (especially the younger ones) eat it up with a fork and spoon. If you polled 10 Ranger fans, I'd seriously wonder if 9 would be able to tell you the Rangers have won exactly one (1) Cup in 73 years. If you told them that's actually the case, they'd probably deny it.

That organization is a disgrace. Nothing but a propaganda machine of loserdom. The sad thing is, like we were discussing the other day, that the majority of their fans (especially the younger ones) eat it up with a fork and spoon. If you polled 10 Ranger fans, I'd seriously wonder if 9 would be able to tell you the Rangers have won exactly one (1) Cup in 73 years. If you told them that's actually the case, they'd probably deny it.

Haha I can believe it.. Half might even think they win the Cup every summer when that stupid rerun is played to death

I do believe the Devils have their Eastern Conference banners up for all 5 years they won them.

If the Devils ever win the President's Trophy they would probably put that up too.

Yeah maybe we should take a look at the rafters in the Pru center and see the same thing. The only time I think it gets silly is in Detroit they have a President's trophy banner and one for most points in the conference they don't need banner padding.

Messier is the Garden troll. He lives under the arena and receives a lifetime supply of Kleenex.

I wonder if they'll have Messier and Leetch at opening night to help raise the Atlantic Division banner lmfao. fvcking loser franchise.

Hahaha they really are a pathetic franchise

I went to a game last season - they have 3 intro videos before the game

• Welcome to NY

• Welcome to the self-proclaimed most famous and greatest arena on Earth

• Rangers intro, I sh!t you not, consisting of 50% highlights from 1994

Thank GOD the Devils don't market themselves solely on the basis of past success.. Lou may be a hard ass but he gets it right when his one focus is the current team and season, not individual players or past success.. Doing it in the playoffs is fine, but the regular season is about the current season and players

Funny because NY doesnt give two sh!ts about them...MSG is one crappy arena....and 1994 was a loonnnggg time ago.

I'd love for the Devils to be much better with marketing and fan relations, but THANK GOD i am not a Rags fan

Yeah maybe we should take a look at the rafters in the Pru center and see the same thing. The only time I think it gets silly is in Detroit they have a President's trophy banner and one for most points in the conference they don't need banner padding.

Half of the banners in the picture are divisional champion pictures, which the Devils don't have. So to say the Devils do the same thing as that picture is ignoring half the picture.

Half of the banners in the picture are divisional champion pictures, which the Devils don't have. So to say the Devils do the same thing as that picture is ignoring half the picture.

The Devils have a banner for every division title they've won. There's nothing wrong with hanging conference and division banners at all, all teams do it. What we were making fun of is the 'Regular Season Champions' banner. That's fvcking lame as sh!t, and just another reason to make fun of the Rangers.

The Devils have a banner for every division title they've won. There's nothing wrong with hanging conference and division banners at all, all teams do it. What we were making fun of is the 'Regular Season Champions' banner. That's fvcking lame as sh!t, and just another reason to make fun of the Rangers.

I don't know how I blanked on the whole other side of the arena, I was just thinking of the side with the Cup Banners.

I don't think there is anything wrong with President Trophy Banners. It may be the best indicator of who the best team was.

Why would a division champion for the regular season be ok and the champion of the whole league be bad?

Edited by Devils731

I don't know how I blanked on the whole other side of the arena, I was just thinking of the side with the Cup Banners.

I don't think there is anything wrong with President Trophy Banners. It may be the best indicator of who the best team was.

Why would a division champion for the regular season be ok and the champion of the whole league be bad?

Yeah, you make a worthy point. If I was going to hang a Presidents Trophy banner though, it would say 'President's Trophy Winners' and the year. 'Regular Season Champions' sounds dumb.

Yeah, you make a worthy point. If I was going to hang a Presidents Trophy banner though, it would say 'President's Trophy Winners' and the year. 'Regular Season Champions' sounds dumb.

I'm with you on that. Presidents Trophy is the way to go. I would guess it says Regular Season so the corporate suits pretending to know hockey understand what the banner means.

Figured I'd throw this in here cause it doesn't warrant it's own thread but I was at the new MSG for 2 different events over the past few months and it's a lot nicer setup then the one before it. View wise it's nice that those damn rings where anyone could walk in front of you are now gone. It's almost like the old meadowlands when it comes to the setup, its got the lower level, then a row of clubs then the upper level. It's a big improvement and should be a lot better to watch a game at.

Watched about 30 minutes so far, pretty cool despite having to choke back vomit every now and then because its the Rangers. Good footage of players going through drills, rangers broadcast team talking throughout, interview segments mixed in. These guys are so high on the rangers for this season, good thing they're shooting them from the waist up if you know what I mean.

Holy crap it would be awesome if the devils did this.

These guys are so high on the rangers for this season,

My favorite preseason overhype was after a preseason game the broadcast team hyped something along the lines of "Gilroy looks like he'll win the Norris this year and Del Zotto is going to win multiple Norris trophies!" Or vice versa on the names, was bizarre based on 1 preseason game.

Was extremely surprised how much they spoke about the Devils. They were the first team covered and in more depth, I think.

Yup they seemed to be the main focus of the show, with the Rangers talk coming after they had spent a considerable amount of time on the Devils.. Very cool, I will have to start watching