NHL Stadium Series - Public Tickets Sale 11/21 @ 10am

Colin226

The impression that I get is that these horrible "chrome" logos will be the actual main jersey crests.  If so, they are going to look stupid....but I'll probably still buy one.

I too have a bad feeling about this.  I can't see them coming out with these chrome logos and making this much of a to-do about them for no reason.

Nah.  Every jersey they have put out has been horrific so it won't make much of a difference.

I'm partial to the old purple and teal/green ones, but that's because I was the right age when the movies came out and my mite hockey team was the Mighty Ducks, but otherwise, all their jerseys have been pretty bad. Their current ones aren't awful, but they're certainly nothing special and their logo is pretty lame.

I'm partial to the old purple and teal/green ones, but that's because I was the right age when the movies came out and my mite hockey team was the Mighty Ducks, but otherwise, all their jerseys have been pretty bad. Their current ones aren't awful, but they're certainly nothing special and their logo is pretty lame.

I think you are confusing good looks with nostalgia/charm.  When those jerseys came out back in the day, they were heavily criticized for being pretty ugly and goofy at the time.  Now, after being brought back after only being retired for about 6-7 years, they are suddenly good looking?  Nah, dont buy it and it's everyone nostalgia that is getting in the way of their true judgement.

This is a trend started by the Winter Classic jerseys.  Before then, the NHL did do limited throwback releases and games with teams that didn't really go anywhere.  The last one was in 2003-04 season with the original six wearing "Vintage" jerseys for a few games.  These jerseys also had a special "V" patch on the front shoulder of them and since then they have been largely forgotten and you don't see many people wearing those jersys at arenas.  When the Winter Classic started, suddenly vintage was in and all these old and sometimes butt-ugly became chic.  Take for instance the Devils, before 2010 you rarely saw fans at the arena wearing the old christmas tree colors and there wasn't really much of a demand for them.  When retro night was announced, fans went bonkers for them and they sold like hotcakes.  Hell I remember at the time of the switch in 92 that fans were pretty happy with the black re-design as the green was seen as pretty goofy-looking.  Now, they are seen as great jerseys and see a ton of them at games.

Its all about the feeling of seeing something you remember seeing, not how you really thought at the time.

Edited by DevsMan84

I think you are confusing good lucks with nostalgia/charm.  When those jerseys came out back in the day, they were heavily criticized for being pretty ugly and goofy at the time.  Now, after being brought back after only being retired for about 6-7 years, they are suddenly good looking?  Nah, dont buy it and it's everyone nostalgia that is getting in the way of their true judgement.

This is a trend started by the Winter Classic jerseys.  Before then, the NHL did do limited throwback releases and games with teams that didn't really go anywhere.  The last one was in 2003-04 season with the original six wearing "Vintage" jerseys for a few games.  These jerseys also had a special "V" patch on the front shoulder of them and since then they have been largely forgotten and you don't see many people wearing those jersys at arenas.  When the Winter Classic started, suddenly vintage was in and all these old and sometimes butt-ugly became chic.  Take for instance the Devils, before 2010 you rarely saw fans at the arena wearing the old christmas tree colors and there wasn't really much of a demand for them.  When retro night was announced, fans went bonkers for them and they sold like hotcakes.  Hell I remember at the time of the switch in 92 that fans were pretty happy with the black re-design as the green was seen as pretty goofy-looking.  Now, they are seen as great jerseys and see a ton of them at games.

Its all about the feeling of seeing something you remember seeing, not how you really thought at the time.

I am, definitely. Still doesn't change that I like them. It's 100% nostalgia though.

Edited by ATLL765

I think you are confusing good looks with nostalgia/charm.  When those jerseys came out back in the day, they were heavily criticized for being pretty ugly and goofy at the time.  Now, after being brought back after only being retired for about 6-7 years, they are suddenly good looking?  Nah, dont buy it and it's everyone nostalgia that is getting in the way of their true judgement.

Couldn't agree more.  I remember when we made the change well.  I was so glad to get rid of the christmas tree jerseys (especially the red "away" sweater which I never really liked).  I'm actually with Lou's stance on this...it is ok to use a 3rd/throwback jersey for 1 or 2 games per season, but when you have 1 million jersey combos and options (like the Mets and various other professional sports teams have), its embarrassing and clearly a desperate money grab.  For this game, I was hoping we'd go with the white 1980's jersey to change things up.  This seems pretty cool.

1109-brandonholmes-njd.png?__

I also saw a cool concept jersey on HFBoards the other day that has our current color scheme...

1102-avistein-njd.png?__

Couldn't agree more.  I remember when we made the change well.  I was so glad to get rid of the christmas tree jerseys (especially the red "away" sweater which I never really liked).  I'm actually with Lou's stance on this...it is ok to use a 3rd/throwback jersey for 1 or 2 games per season, but when you have 1 million jersey combos and options (like the Mets and various other professional sports teams have), its embarrassing and clearly a desperate money grab.  For this game, I was hoping we'd go with the white 1980's jersey to change things up.  This seems pretty cool.

1109-brandonholmes-njd.png?__

I also saw a cool concept jersey on HFBoards the other day that has our current color scheme...

1102-avistein-njd.png?__

Yeah I mean these days all you have to do is label something "vintage" or "retro" and watch those things fly off the shelves.  Mitchell & Ness has made a living off of this for years and now the mainstream companies are catching up.  One of the more ridiculous things I have seen in addition to the ducks bringing back their old uniforms (how something that was around 7 years ago is now "retro" or vintage is beyond me) is Mitchell & Ness reproduction of the 1994 New York Rangers Stanley Cup Champs locker room hat that was originally made by Starter.  I kid you not. 

As for the jerseys the first one is kinda cool, but I hate that the shoulder yoke looks like the Rags winter classic jersey.  Just close it up and make it look like the old whites.  As for the second one just not feeling it.  To me it looks like the Sharks jerseys that they wore for the past few years up until this year.

the reason you couldn't find a lot of xmas jerseys in the arena were they were impossible to be found to be purchased. i got at Sundstrom one made by a guy in Colorado (Durholt) about 2 years before the Devils brought back the Retros. There was always a demand for them, albeit not as much as now.

the reason you couldn't find a lot of xmas jerseys in the arena were they were impossible to be found to be purchased. i got at Sundstrom one made by a guy in Colorado (Durholt) about 2 years before the Devils brought back the Retros. There was always a demand for them, albeit not as much as now.

They were impossible to find but yes there was no demand because no one really cared. Once the "retro" label was attached to them and the games were announced suddenly they were a hot commodity.

I'm also very familiar with dorholt and don't even want to start going into what I think of him.

1102-avistein-njd.png?__

I think this jersey concept is pretty cool.

Regarding our current jerseys, I've always wondered how they would look if there was piping around the black shoulder yokes with the same pattern as the stripes.

Red piping around the black shoulder yoke on the White jersey.

White piping around the black shoulder yoke on the Red jersey.

I think this jersey concept is pretty cool.

Regarding our current jerseys, I've always wondered how they would look if there was piping around the black shoulder yokes with the same pattern as the stripes.

Red piping around the black shoulder yoke on the White jersey.

White piping around the black shoulder yoke on the Red jersey.

i dont know if im digging the shoe lace in the neck of the jersey..looks like the rags jerseys that they wear all season long.

Email just sent to Devils STH:

Dear Colin,

As a Devils Full or Half Season Ticket Holder, we felt it was important to communicate the latest updates pertaining to the 2014 Coors Light Stadium Series™.

On Thursday, November 21 the NHL® will make a small allotment of tickets available for a general public on sale. This limited number seats are separate from the allotment of tickets that were given to each team participating in the game. This NHL® on sale is being coordinated to ensure that some fans who are not Season Ticket Holders of participating teams have a chance to purchase tickets at face value. As a Devils Full or Half Season Ticket Holder, you are not prevented from attempting to buy through that NHL® on sale if you need additional tickets.

However, based on the limited number of tickets the Devils still have remaining, we will be making a limited number of additional seats available to you in the next month, in addition to the tickets that you may have already purchased. This will give you two ways to gain access to more seats for friends and family:

By attempting to purchase from the NHL’s on sale on November 21.

By waiting for your opportunity to purchase additional seats through the Devils.

More details pertaining to your access for additional tickets through the Devils will be shared in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,

Your Fan Experience Team