‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

In fact, I think people respect Elias a lot for deciding to stay even after getting all of those offers.

Idk, I think a player who says "i don't even care what other teams have to offer, I want to be here" is a more admirable stance then fielding offers and then deciding to stick it out here. That said, for me, the difference between the two stances is pretty minute and I'd be very pleased either way.

In fact, I think people respect Elias a lot for deciding to stay even after getting all of those offers.

Nah, people forget he was ever really a UFA in the first place, cause he didn't take forever to sign. That's why people were so shocked when it came out this year how he was close to going to the Rangers (common knowledge if you were following it at the time). Plus I don't exactly think Elias took less to stay here, well he did money-wise but he got a NMC which he wasn't getting from the other deal.

If he resigns, I'll be happy- I don't care if he waits or not, although it would be awesome if he signed before July 1. Elias listened to offers and resigned after hearing what else was out there, it doesn't affect anyone's perception of him as one of the ultimate Devils of all-time.

With all the blatant tampering going on with Zach this offseason, he'd better not take very long to decide since he probably already knows what half the teams are offering anyway lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978

If Parise really wants to be a New Jersey Devil for life, if I were him I'd sign before July 1. The numbers of course matter and he'll be in the 7.5 mill range, but the PR for doing so would be priceless. To show the entire Devils' fan base that he WANTS to be here and signed BEFORE the bidding war started. Ya, financially it's not the right move and could cost him money, but if he does sign before that date he's proven that this is where he wants to be and this is his team. If he signs here after July 1st, you get the feeling that he tried to take every dollar he could from NJ (not that there's anything wrong with that as it's his business) and used the bidding process to do it. Something Marty could have easily done, but didn't. And how is Marty viewed by Devils' fans?

Please stay Zach....

I really don't think fans' perception of players is that important to any free agent, especially when it could cost him millions and if he re-signs the fans are going to love him regardless of if he does before or after July 1st.

Nah, people forget he was ever really a UFA in the first place, cause he didn't take forever to sign. That's why people were so shocked when it came out this year how he was close to going to the Rangers (common knowledge if you were following it at the time). Plus I don't exactly think Elias took less to stay here, well he did money-wise but he got a NMC which he wasn't getting from the other deal.

With all the blatant tampering going on with Zach this offseason, he'd better not take very long to decide since he probably already knows what half the teams are offering anyway lol.

Apparently, Arnott is no longer commenting on Parise, so my guess is that preliminary discussions are underway.

In terms of competition i've heard rumors about:

Wild: Hometown, cap room, not on the cusp of contending, might be face of franchise (endorsement $$)

Detroit: Premier organization in the league, cap room, top flight talent and s/b a contender

Pittsburgh: Play with Crosby who is a friend, cap room (do they really?), contender, great offensive talent,

Rangers: most endorsement possibilities, cap room, contender, doesn't really have to move too far

Flyers: contender, offensively talented young team, doesn't have to move far, D and G suspect, cap room

The only one that really doesn't make sense to me is Pittsburgh. Financially can they really play for the top FA? Anyone else? What did I get wrong?

In terms of competition i've heard rumors about:

Wild: Hometown, cap room, not on the cusp of contending, might be face of franchise (endorsement $$)

Detroit: Premier organization in the league, cap room, top flight talent and s/b a contender

Pittsburgh: Play with Crosby who is a friend, cap room (do they really?), contender, great offensive talent,

Rangers: most endorsement possibilities, cap room, contender, doesn't really have to move too far

Flyers: contender, offensively talented young team, doesn't have to move far, D and G suspect, cap room

The only one that really doesn't make sense to me is Pittsburgh. Financially can they really play for the top FA? Anyone else? What did I get wrong?

LA has been rumored.

Does anyone know if parise's agent has a twitter? I remember following kovy's agent Grossman during his contract saga and he tweeted a couple times towards the beginning it which gave some insight into how the situation was going.

He doesnt. Not a lot of them do.

Also does parise have two agents? I know wade arnott is one, but some people were saying he is meeting with Meehan today? Who is that?

Meehan is an agent and he's listed as Zach's on Wikipedia and I read a tweet from Todd Cordell that says he asked "Parise's agent Don Meehan" about Zach recently. He must have two.

I thought maybe he was Suter's as well, but hes not.

Random, likely irrelevant question, but who was Parise's agent that negotiated his first contract? The one that was actually pretty bad for Zach?

Think Zach fired him as well, not sure though.

It was about as good as one in his position could expect. As a RFA he had very little leverage, and he didn't have his 45 goal season until afterwards. Only the Stamkos's and Doughtys of the world tend to get much more.

Random, likely irrelevant question, but who was Parise's agent that negotiated his first contract? The one that was actually pretty bad for Zach?

Think Zach fired him as well, not sure though.

Neil Abbott. And yes, he was fired.

It was about as good as one in his position could expect. As a RFA he had very little leverage, and he didn't have his 45 goal season until afterwards. Only the Stamkos's and Doughtys of the world tend to get much more.

It was pretty damn bad. The contract didn't really anticipate the rising salary cap. Zach had no arbitration rights but still, compared to the contract Zajac signed, it's way worse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.