It's Official....asked for refund

mackchi

But the players didn't strike -- not this time, not last time, and not the time before that.

Three lockout in a row and many fans are still laying this largely on the players. I don't get it.

My take is that both sides wanna be paid like they're NFL owners/players. Neither has accepted the fact that hockey is a niche sport. Until that happens, we're doomed to lockout limbo every 5-10 years.

I almost pity some owners because you see more of them declaring bankruptcy than players. Yes, they do it to themselves, but they also need to fork over that money to top end players if they want any shot at winning/making money.

The NHL needs to get over the fantasy that it can financially compete on the same level as the other major three sports. I say major three, not major four, because hockey isn't a major sport in the U.S. It never was and never will be. This league needs some ...

tumblr_lsx2ffHnpT1qj44ruo1_400.jpg

My take is that both sides wanna be paid like they're NFL owners/players. Neither has accepted the fact that hockey is a niche sport. Until that happens, we're doomed to lockout limbo every 5-10 years.

I almost pity some owners because you see more of them declaring bankruptcy than players. Yes, they do it to themselves, but they also need to fork over that money to top end players if they want any shot at winning/making money.

The NHL needs to get over the fantasy that it can financially compete on the same level as the other major three sports. I say major three, not major four, because hockey isn't a major sport in the U.S. It never was and never will be. This league needs some ...

tumblr_lsx2ffHnpT1qj44ruo1_400.jpg

NHL players make more than NFL players on average. Even at the top end, NFL players don't make all that much more than top NHL players (like NHL players, one issue is that even the best players can only play for half the game). And the issue is partly that half of the NHL players and a huge portion of the NHL's revenue comes disproportionately from 7 teams, in a place where the NHL is almost as big as the NFL is in this country.

NHL revenues come from the gate and not from television and that's where the problem is - they don't share enough money, so the only way to come to any sort of agreement amongst themselves is to force player salaries down to a level where they're acceptable for all teams, and even then it's not going to work.