Vanderbeek misses interest payment per Kosman

trailblazer

Holy crap, now that moron Carton is spreading garbage, he literally just said regarding this story on his show "there's a real chance the Devils won't be in NJ in 18 months". I'm not usually surprised at this level of stupidity, but that's just flat-out irresponsible and lazy to say that without having absolutely no clue what the facts are. And this is why the average idiot thinks the Devils situation is worse than it is, because of NY a$$holes spreading lies like that. Of course no one bothered to correct him or give him any facts, but that isn't surprising.

Did he say where he got that 18 month timeframe?  Was he just pulling that out of his ass?

Carton doesn't really care about hockey.  That little douche was a big Devils fan last year during the playoffs and this year he is suddenly a huge Islanders fan.

This is on top of him being a "huge" Flyers fan during his days in Philly in the 90's.

He just pulled it out of his ass, you could tell. I don't care about what Carton says, the guy is a fvcking tool. But what annoys me is he's purposely misinforming people, and this is what contributes to the average fan thinking the Devils are broke and going to Quebec tomorrow.

well thats perfect, the fans not accepting that Lou can do something wrong can use this as an excuse this year too for the free agents

No one ever said Lou was friggin' perfect.  No GM is.  You look at the overall record.  Yes, there's been some signings/moves that clearly didn't work out.  No GM bats 1.000.  But since he's been the GM, his teams have missed the playoffs four times, and been to five Finals, all the while never suffering through the bottoming-out stretch of seasons that clearly benefit the Penguins-type runs of success.  A hell of a lot of teams would take that over the same time frame. 

It's sad, it's much like the Brodeur-bashers, you won't appreciate what you had until Lou calls it quits.  Such is the life of the entitled Devils fan.   

Re:  this article, I'll admit, I'm never filled with warm and fuzzies when I hear about VBK and money woes, but why anyone would go to the Post for accuracy is lost on me.  Their long-time Devils beat guy reported with a schtick that was clearly meant to tweak Devils fans.  They're not an outfit to be taken all that seriously.    

He just pulled it out of his ass, you could tell. I don't care about what Carton says, the guy is a fvcking tool. But what annoys me is he's purposely misinforming people, and this is what contributes to the average fan thinking the Devils are broke and going to Quebec tomorrow.

And if you call or tweet him out on it he will bring up about how he was right about Lindros back over a decade ago with his scoop.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Did he say where he got that 18 month timeframe?  Was he just pulling that out of his ass?

Carton doesn't really care about hockey.  That little douche was a big Devils fan last year during the playoffs and this year he is suddenly a huge Islanders fan.

This is on top of him being a "huge" Flyers fan during his days in Philly in the 90's.

Not to mention his, "Mets fans for Yankees" BS he pulls every September/October (and I'm a Yankees fan).  The guy is a grade 1 a-hole, and the single reason I don't listen to WFAN in the morning.   He should go back to making fun of ex-governor's wives, it's the only thing he's actually good at.  Listening to Boomer clear his throat is more enjoyable than anything that comes out of that douche's mouth. 

As far as Kosman is concerned, I think we learned last year that he has no credibility in his "journalistic" reporting.  Єklund (2.3% accurate) is more accurate than this clown.  But it's no secret that the team/NHL has been looking for minority investors.  Not surprisingly, nobody has taken them up on that offer to date (and likely never will unless they have some serious financial incentive to do so, or get input in the decision making process for the team). 

Holy crap, now that moron Carton is spreading garbage, he literally just said regarding this story on his show "there's a real chance the Devils won't be in NJ in 18 months". I'm not usually surprised at this level of stupidity, but that's just flat-out irresponsible and lazy to say that without having absolutely no clue what the facts are. And this is why the average idiot thinks the Devils situation is worse than it is, because of NY a$$holes spreading lies like that. Of course no one bothered to correct him or give him any facts, but that isn't surprising.

Who cares WHAT the second-rate Mad Dog wannabe says?  If not for Boomer, no one's listening. 

Carton is a clown.  Hey Craig, some words of wisdom:  when you have to constantly talk up how you're a real man, and how real men do this and that, blah blah blah, you're not a real man.  With REAL men, it's an unstated given.  You WISH you were a real man. 

No one ever said Lou was friggin' perfect.  No GM is.  You look at the overall record.  Yes, there's been some signings/moves that clearly didn't work out.  No GM bats 1.000.  But since he's been the GM, his teams have missed the playoffs four times, and been to five Finals, all the while never suffering through the bottoming-out stretch of seasons that clearly benefit the Penguins-type runs of success.  A hell of a lot of teams would take that over the same time frame. 

It's sad, it's much like the Brodeur-bashers, you won't appreciate what you had until Lou calls it quits.  Such is the life of the entitled Devils fan.   

Re:  this article, I'll admit, I'm never filled with warm and fuzzies when I hear about VBK and money woes, but why anyone would go to the Post for accuracy is lost on me.  Their long-time Devils beat guy reported with a schtick that was clearly meant to tweak Devils fans.  They're not an outfit to be taken all that seriously.    

well why is everyone pointing out Lou's way of mishandling situation are getting ripped here then and getting thrown all the great things he did at? Never said he was horrible or anything i always said im glad what you did but im not gonna close my eyes on the dumb fvcking moves and his oldschool ways putting the team at risks for absolutely no reasons other than his stubbornness of doing things his way where he clearly should have approach things differently. THATS what's pissing me off the most and even if players are coming out saying they also dont really like it the pro-Lou will stick back him up as if he can't do wrong.

and for the Brodeur-Bashers... everyone knows what Marty did and that he's the greatest but he's obviously not in his prime and even if at some point we'd lose 20 in a row cause brodeur is giving up 5-6 goals a game in that stretch. Its not okay to point it out that he's not helping anymore? or people pointing it out would get the "YOU CANT BASH HIM LOOK AT EVERYTHING HE DID FOR US" 

@ SD:  Lou's team just got to a friggin' SCF in 2012.  2011 was one of the seasons where everything that could've gone wrong did (it happens), and 2013 was a shortened season, so I'm not going to equate it to 2011.  Like I always say to you, easy for a fan to seemingly have it all figured out, with uber-simplistic statements like "Well, he clearly should've approached things differently."  Easy for you to say.

Don't come up with verbose examples like Brodeur giving up 5-6 goals a game and the Devils losing 20 in a row.  If anything remotely close to that ever happened, pretty safe to say he won't be playing.  Look, at his age and mileage, we knew that it could get rough for Marty at the end, and clearly it has a bit...he's been largely inconsistent the past few years (but has enjoyed some nice stretches).  It's fine to wonder aloud how much longer Marty should be playing, or be given the majority of the playing time in goal (many of us have made these points...based on this past season and everything else, I don't know how the Devils go into next season with Marty penciled in as anything more than a question mark).  It's something else to be flat-out mean-spirited and insulting about it (too many Devils fans have taken this route), and some Devils fans have short memories when it comes to Marty's overall contributions.         

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I think this says it all right here. TG, commenting in response to a question on his blog: The quote I received was the story was “100 percent wrong”, so that covers everything.

On top of that, let’s use some common sense here. The Devils were one of the teams that did not lay off anyone during the lockout. A lot of teams did lay off employees. The league itself went to four-day work weeks for its employees. Yet, the Devils did not do any of that.

Yet, they’re supposed to owe the NHL $25 million?

Posted by Tom Gulitti on 06/17 at 07:36 PM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m

From Bill Daly: "Despite recent reports to the contrary, which are inaccurate, we are not concerned about the Devils' future...

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m

Daly cont: "..., or the franchise's ability to achieve long-term success in Newark."

TG shouldn't have to dignify such garbage at all.  I know he does because people believe anything that's published in a 'paper' but this story is absurd on its face, like he says.

And then you have a fvcking douchebag like Carton spouting off on his very widely listened to radio show that the Devils have 18 months left in NJ with absolutely zero knowledge of even one relevant fact regarding the situation. All because of this stupid NY Post article. And people, particularly Ranger fans, believe all of it and eat it up, and then they turn around and spout the same false garbage because its "what they heard on the radio". People are fvcking naïve and gullible, so they just believe anything the media says. That's what drives me nuts.

. Its not a borderline tabloid. It IS a tabloid.

It amazes me that people will argue it's anything but.

I just can't imagine even a high school newspaper making the kind of mistakes they do ON THEIR FRONT PAGE. The headlines they write are, in my mind, done in bad taste and should be enough for anyone to discount the paper as trash.

NBC now regurgitating this sh!t: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/18/report-investors-negotiating-stake-in-devils/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Edited by ATLL765

. Its not a borderline tabloid. It IS a tabloid.

It amazes me that people will argue it's anything but.

I just can't imagine even a high school newspaper making the kind of mistakes they do ON THEIR FRONT PAGE. The headlines they write are, in my mind, done in bad taste and should be enough for anyone to discount the paper as trash.

NBC now regurgitating this sh!t: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/18/report-investors-negotiating-stake-in-devils/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

And round and round we go. And this is what pisses me off about the media. Absolutely fvcking lazy. Just parrot garbage, don't do any research. Edited by MadDog2020

And round and round we go. And this what pisses me off about the media. Absolutely fvcking lazy. Just parrot garbage, don't do any research.

I wanted to comment on the article to get at least one comment in there on how it's BS, but I cannot stand that wordpress sh!t and can never get it to work right.

Edited by ATLL765

At some point, Vanderbeek needs to stop making these moves or missteps. If nothing else, it's giving the team bad press and public relations, no matter what his reasoning is for late payments or other financial moves. We have a New York media salivating at the chance to report anything negative about this franchise and every offseason he keeps to be giving them just the slightest stories to report and weld and drag on throughout the offseason.

It's something else to be flat-out mean-spirited and insulting about it (too many Devils fans have taken this route), and some Devils fans have short memories when it comes to Marty's overall contributions.

This x100000000. There is no reason I should hear idiots yelling "hey marty you suck" at games. Those fans shouldn't be wearing Devils jerseys.

Edited by Satans Hockey

At some point, Vanderbeek needs to stop making these moves or missteps. If nothing else, it's giving the team bad press and public relations, no matter what his reasoning is for late payments or other financial moves. We have a New York media salivating at the chance to report anything negative about this franchise and every offseason he keeps to be giving them just the slightest stories to report and weld and drag on throughout the offseason.

Thing is even TG is saying the missed interest payment story is not true. He does however say that JVB has one coming up soon though.

Thing is even TG is saying the missed interest payment story is not true. He does however say that JVB has one coming up soon though.

If it's a bi-annual payment, then I'm guessing the payment would need to be done at the END of June, the 6th month, correct? So July 1st?

The Devils should sue the New York Post. Their inaccuracies are full-on defamation of a company and an organization.

If it's a bi-annual payment, then I'm guessing the payment would need to be done at the END of June, the 6th month, correct? So July 1st?

The Devils should sue the New York Post. Their inaccuracies are full-on defamation of a company and an organization.

That's probably the case and what the Post has been doing lately is borderline slander.

However it looks like they are just ignoring it as it might bring on the Streisand Effect if they respond to it or sue the Post.

Apparently Doug MacLean, Kypreos, and Darren Millard were ripping the Devils on radio up in Toronto today. Because of this story. More lies. More false information. MacLean was apprently bagging on the attendance and claimed he knows people who claim the Devils books are "frightening". This is becoming slanderous now. The Devils sell out every game except 2, but you still have this sh!t being peddled by the garbage NY media and certain ignorant parts of the Canadian media. It misinforms the public, and it creates the narrative and perception that's been out there about this organization for years. The media will just not allow this franchise to escape the labels that were placed on it years ago: that they're boring, and that they have no fans. Neither could be further from the truth, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of your hate ya fvcking a$$holes.