2008 Scarlet Knights thread

metallidevils

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North Carolina's had some good teams but really they're an average program that'll always be basketball first and everything else second. If Rutgers can't beat mid-level schools like UNC and Fresno State (well they're mid-level plus) at home then how can they ever expect to be a Top 25 team year in, year out?

Or even be a bowl team for that matter, since Rutgers will almost certainly lose to WVA, Louisville, South Florida and probably a couple other 'upset' losses :P

Come on Has, Rutgers would be lucky to be ranked in the top 100, they are not a school renown for their athletics, they are a school for acadamia ( and a fine school too)

The closest school to NJ which might be considered a good football school would be Penn State, if you look at it realistically, there are no big football programs in the North East.

Come on Has, Rutgers would be lucky to be ranked in the top 100, they are not a school renown for their athletics, they are a school for acadamia ( and a fine school too)

The closest school to NJ which might be considered a good football school would be Penn State, if you look at it realistically, there are no big football programs in the North East.

Tell that to the athletic program... general fan base and group of people who are now scraping their new found R's on the back of their cars :P

this is quite an amusing crash back to Earth :lol:

Therefore I have always said that division that Rutgers is in is called "The Big Least!" No team is worthy in that division.

The ACC is a lot better than the Big East. UNC > Rutgers

Therefore I have always said that division that Rutgers is in is called "The Big Least!" No team is worthy in that division.

The ACC is a lot better than the Big East. UNC > Rutgers

There we go SD, good man, and even the conference you mentioned is one of the weaker ones.

Top five conferences in college football are, in no order.

Big 10

Big 12

SEC

ACC

PAC 10

All the rest is small fry.

Tell that to the athletic program... general fan base and group of people who are now scraping their new found R's on the back of their cars :P

Oh bandwagoning I see, kinda like Yankees fans :rolleyes: I got ya Crash :)

With the recruiting base they have (NJ has a lot of good football players), and in a weak conference no less they SHOULD be a much stronger program than they are. They have no real big-time local competition for recruits other than Penn State by name and they haven't been as prominent in recent years. The fact that they can't even be competitive at home against these teams is an absolute embarassment.

And Schiano's gotta pull the plug on Teel now before the poor kid gets booed out of the state entirely.

Edited by Hasan4978

this season is dwindling fast. you just want to pull for a guy like Schiano but there seems to be some stormy weather on the horizon. maybe the stadium expansion was a jinx? teel is only serviceable when he has a dynamic running attack (ie: Ray Rice and Brian Leonard). the running game does not have the talent it needs and what about the swiss cheese of a defense? blown coverages and poor line play lead to big gains in the air and/or on the ground. Its going to be a grind season for this team.

As for the notion that Rutgers rise to the national spotlight has been a fluke; I think they are definitely a solid program now and are getting a lot more tri-state area guys that would normally go acc. Its a longer process than the 2006 led everyone to believe. Regardless to the fact that they just got utterly pasted by UNC, they are still headed in a bright direction.

haha it is funny to think about pre-2006 when i would go to games and be able to sit wherever i wanted. then the louisville game that changed it all. now theres a stadium expansion? a waiting list for season tickets? its crazy to see all the places (ie: Modells, Champs, etc.) carrying all this Rutgers paraphernalia and all the people wearing it like joe schmo who graduated from rutgers quietly in '89, is now giving his first born a Rutgers onezie and waving the big red RU flag outside his house. i wonder if while the season goes down the toilet, where will all these bandwagoners be when the dust settles?

• 2 weeks later...
haha it is funny to think about pre-2006 when i would go to games and be able to sit wherever i wanted. then the louisville game that changed it all. now theres a stadium expansion? a waiting list for season tickets? its crazy to see all the places (ie: Modells, Champs, etc.) carrying all this Rutgers paraphernalia and all the people wearing it like joe schmo who graduated from rutgers quietly in '89, is now giving his first born a Rutgers onezie and waving the big red RU flag outside his house. i wonder if while the season goes down the toilet, where will all these bandwagoners be when the dust settles?

They will. I grew up and lived in NJ for 18 years before moving to Florida and going away to school in Maryland. Never once when I lived in New Jersey did I see Rutgers gear for sell in a sporting goods store. The only place you could get Rutgers gear was the Rutgers book store basically. I been up a couple times this year to go to some Yankee games before Yankee Stadium closed and there is a bunch in ths stores. I would bet the stuff will be gone by the end of the year.

BTW, as a Maryland fan I love this because it basically reopens up a recruiting territory.

Rutgers season is over! Time to take all the Rutgers magnets off your cars because they are just plain terrible. The R and the Rutgers helmets will be coming off the cars real quick now. :P Man do they miss Ray Rice. Teel sucks bigtime!

I will leave my Rutgers R on my vehicle and keep my season tickets with Rutgers.... Me and the girlfriend still go to all the games.

good, let all the band wagoners jump ship.

ill be there every game this year regardless. Sec. 222 .row 1. seat 12. Tan Parking

I agree, let the bandwagon a$$holes go back to forgetting that college football exists. Without them I can get my hot dogs faster!

Now if we can just kick the freshmen out of the student section it would be perfect.

I agree, let the bandwagon a$$holes go back to forgetting that college football exists. Without them I can get my hot dogs faster!

Now if we can just kick the freshmen out of the student section it would be perfect.

And Rutgers will be 1-10. Wouldn't you rather have the team win and deal with the bandwagoners?

And Rutgers will be 1-10. Wouldn't you rather have the team win and deal with the bandwagoners?

plenty of empty seats still available :lol:

wow... they ALMOST won... is Cincinatti that bad??? :blink:

No, Cincy is actually 5-1 and one of the better teams in the Big East. Just a very piss poor division 1-A.

Good in the Big East is like being a minor league playoff team... whoopdie... it's why I asked... I saw enough of this conference in the last few years :P