Johan Hedberg will start Thursday night

NewarkDevil5

Your opponent isn't getting shots or scoring chances this way.  And you are, and even if you aren't getting many, they're not getting any.  

Anyway Chuck said they don't possess the puck in the offensive zone which is an absurdity - the Devils have had the puck all the time in the offensive zone in the last 3 games.

Really?  They have 1 line that cycles the puck well, 1 line that can't get out of their zone, and 2 lines that dump and don't chase or carry in and lose it as they try to drive wide.  They've had maybe 3 periods over the last 5 games where they controlled the flow of the play, and a handful where you could call in even.  The puck never left their zone in the 3rd against Toronto, or the 2nd against Tampa.  The puck possession was awesome in the 5-1 loss to the Isles in what seems like 3 decades ago.  The cycle in the corner then board pass to the point for a shot into the opponents shin pads that leads to 2 on 1's the other way is not great puck possession in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, Moose has been bad during this stretch.  However, it's not entirely on the goalies when they are giving up odd man rushes and leaving people wide open in the slot for 1 timers constantly. 

Really?  They have 1 line that cycles the puck well, 1 line that can't get out of their zone, and 2 lines that dump and don't chase or carry in and lose it as they try to drive wide.  They've had maybe 3 periods over the last 5 games where they controlled the flow of the play, and a handful where you could call in even.  The puck never left their zone in the 3rd against Toronto, or the 2nd against Tampa.  The puck possession was awesome in the 5-1 loss to the Isles in what seems like 3 decades ago.  The cycle in the corner then board pass to the point for a shot into the opponents shin pads that leads to 2 on 1's the other way is not great puck possession in my eyes.

Again, that's insane.  They were all over Tampa in the first period of last night's game.  And the puck definitely left the zone plenty of times in the 3rd against Toronto although that was not a great period, certainly.  You said they had no puck possession now you're saying they're doing the wrong kind of cycling.  That's how puck possession works - if you have it, they don't.  I agree with Sterio that something needs to be done to control the opponent's breakout, but for long stretches of games the Devils have played their game to a T.  And not just when they fall behind, either.

The working in the corners hasn't drawn as many penalties as I'm sure they would like (that's the real cherry on top when it comes to having a strong forecheck), but this is how they beat up on the Flyers.

Again, that's insane.  They were all over Tampa in the first period of last night's game.  And the puck definitely left the zone plenty of times in the 3rd against Toronto although that was not a great period, certainly.  You said they had no puck possession now you're saying they're doing the wrong kind of cycling.  That's how puck possession works - if you have it, they don't.  I agree with Sterio that something needs to be done to control the opponent's breakout, but for long stretches of games the Devils have played their game to a T.  And not just when they fall behind, either.

The working in the corners hasn't drawn as many penalties as I'm sure they would like (that's the real cherry on top when it comes to having a strong forecheck), but this is how they beat up on the Flyers.

like i said... somewhere... they rely way too much on a play that has very low chance of succeeding and our whole offensive approach is oriented on "that play". It's being pointed out by a few now.

our goal is to get behind the red line and then get the puck to the dman for a point shot. Our guys are often not in position to deflect or screen AND we don't have dmen with good shots.

so we're putting almost all our efforts on a play that has so little chance to work all game long. We'll score off of it once in awhile but thats one of the reason why our top guys are not producing, they have to get out of that path to score often

like i said... somewhere... they rely way too much on a play that has very low chance of succeeding and our whole offensive approach is oriented on "that play". It's being pointed out by a few now.

our goal is to get behind the red line and then get the puck to the dman for a point shot. Our guys are often not in position to deflect or screen AND we don't have dmen with good shots.

so we're putting almost all our efforts on a play that has so little chance to work all game long. We'll score off of it once in awhile but thats one of the reason why our top guys are not producing, they have to get out of that path to score often

That's not the goal.  The goal is getting the puck to open players - if that takes going to the point man, so be it.  You make it sound like it is super easy to get chances in the slot in this league.