297 replies to this topic

#281 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

AND -- you are undoubtedly far more obsessed than I am! I'm not obsessed. Just compulsively watched it as quickly as possible --- not in one weekend marathon but about 1-2 episodes a day.

I'm here for the party

#282 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:28 AM

Ron Moore was the head writer for Star Trek: DS9 one of the best Sci-Fi series ever (my personal favorite). Its no surprise to me that BSG is such a critcial hit.

REALLY? See now -- right from the start of this I thought THIS is what Deep Space Nine wanted to be.... Star Trek but with everything fvcking up. DS9 never succeeding in going there. I very much feel this is DS9 full realized. You COULD take it one step further and have a full Pegasus series not just the one short episode.

I'm here for the party

#283 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

Did anyone here read Good Omens? I felt like the last scene of the series was sort of pulling the that in there -- the two angels messing with society because they care -- but it's also a heck of a lot of fun.

I'm here for the party

#284 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

Jester had a crush on Starbuck.... :giggle: I love re-reading old threads!

I'm here for the party

#285 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

Well here lemme try it again..... the survivors from the new series, that settled and re-named the planet Earth and their journey from the 12 colonies to Earth actually was the journey of the "13th Tribe" for the ORIGINAL Series (the one that had that AWFUL BSG 1980 that I saw on you tube :blink: )

And I like movie soundtracks... this show was like a 5-year movie... what can I say?

And PK it just scares me to crawl into your brain and think like you :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#286 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

That's a cute theory!

we need a time jump like the new Star Trek - then re-start the series with the same characters doing the same but different things and some not being cylons etc and so forth.

Are there any decent series out there now? They all started something along too fast and furious on top of one and other so a lot of really good ideas probably got sucked into a void.

Reading Terry Pratchett helps for sure. But it's fun to watch good series TV!

I'm here for the party

#287 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

That's a cute theory!

we need a time jump like the new Star Trek - then re-start the series with the same characters doing the same but different things and some not being cylons etc and so forth.

Are there any decent series out there now? They all started something along too fast and furious on top of one and other so a lot of really good ideas probably got sucked into a void.

Reading Terry Pratchett helps for sure. But it's fun to watch good series TV!

I like the idea of connecting the two shows somehow (well besides Richard Hatch :P ).... and it seemed like the best way to do so!!

Man it's hard to reboot a movie as perfectly as Star Trek did......

The only stuff I watch on TV now is South Park and Tough Enough.... so I ain't gonna be of much help till Blood N Chrome is on Sci-Fi.....

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#288 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

GAIUS!!!

GAIUS! I loved GIAUS!

I always feared I was like him in my youth. My female friends always tried to tell me I was --- I'm not though...

I can just hear my old roommate: I'm Laura Roslyn and you're DEFINITELY Giaus Baltar. But being selfish is a good thing! I wish I was more self-centered and superficial like you :)

bitch. but I love her.

--- aside from the drinking... my mother is Saul Tigh :lol:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 13 May 2011 - 11:52 AM.

I'm here for the party

#289 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

Battlestar also spawned a pretty fun co-operative board game.

http://boardgamegeek...estar-galactica
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#290 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

The On-Line game is kinda trippy too.......

Saw this today and found it hysterical :lol:

Posted Image

#291 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

REALLY? See now -- right from the start of this I thought THIS is what Deep Space Nine wanted to be.... Star Trek but with everything fvcking up. DS9 never succeeding in going there. I very much feel this is DS9 full realized. You COULD take it one step further and have a full Pegasus series not just the one short episode.

I actually agree with that, but it was more of a timing issue. Cable TV did not exist in it's current format in terms of original programing like BSG. The money for Paramount was in syndication on broadcast affiliates at the time of DS9 which meant far greater Broadcast regulations and censorship, plus in order to garner ratings you could not stray too far from the already established ST universe.

DS9 is STILL my favorite series and see BSG as just a logical extension of this with poetic license to re-write characters and not be inhibited by broadcast regulations.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#292 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

DS9 is STILL my favorite series and see BSG as just a logical extension of this with poetic license to re-write characters and not be inhibited by broadcast regulations.

And both shows have Ron Moore's footprint all over them....I'm re-watching DS9 on Netflix almost nightly now with no NHL around and you can see and feel it all over it :)

Now what I really came here for.....coming FRIDAY to a you tube near YOU :wub:

This is better news to me then the lockout ending would be!!!

#293 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Heh, I plugged the webseries back in October.....but it's debuting on Sci-Fi....SUNDAY NIGHT 8-10

Watch this damn show and pray to hell it becomes a full-out series!!!!

(anyone else watched the Webseries??)

#294 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Watched Caprica -- it was pretty excruciating. blah.

I'm here for the party

#295 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Watched Caprica -- it was pretty excruciating. blah.

The last 5 episodes were REALLY good.....shame they had pulled the damn plug on it by then....it deserved a 2nd season still :rant:

Didn't see Blood n Chrome I take it?

#296 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

not yet. 

I'm here for the party

#297 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Blood and Chrome was excellent.  It was good to see it uninterrupted.  I did watch all the webisodes.  I'd love to see it as a series. :)

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#298 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

not yet. 

WATCH IT FOR FRAK'S SAKE!!!!!! This movie is probably a feeler (though with Defiance coming out and looking high budget I don't know how many heavy effect shows Sci-FI would put out at once)

Blood and Chrome was excellent.  It was good to see it uninterrupted.  I did watch all the webisodes.  I'd love to see it as a series. :)

I agree fully....it felt nice to be back in that world again....and best....cameo....EVER.....at the end :)

I'm hoping to hell they keep it going, looks like Adama is gonna be some part of the Colonial version of GI Joe and I want to see if they use this series to give Caprica a real sense of closure too.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users