Janssen re-signs with NJ

DevilinLA

It's a league minimum 2 way contract for a guy that will most likely be in the minors barring injury. I'm not sure what people are getting upset about.

We said this last year, injuries or not this season showed Cam shouldn't be anywhere near the active roster in real games...he'd BETTER be in the minors this time around, especially if Boulton isn't bought out (he may be). Not only because Cam's bad, but because him being in the lineup is an automatic 25+ minute night for Kovy and increased minutes for everyone else too. We saw just how much Kovy and Elias got run down in the postseason this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

As much as I got into stats like Fenwick and Corsi this year, I do have a soft spot in my heart for this guy. I'm not going to get upset about a move like this. He'll play some tough games this year and won't see the ice in any important game. He'll be the 13th forward and I can live with that. Boulton on the other hand...I hope they buy him out. No need for two enforcers on the roster. There's really no need for one enforcer but I love that part of the game to just let it go completely.

i guess we did bitch about clarkson coming back, and janssen might surprise us all with a break out 6 goal season.

:rofl: Does Cam even have 6 goals in his career? Oh well, if Marty comes back, the two of them can bet on who has more points again. And Marty will win. Again.

Meh what are you going to do, i think he is being kept around because people on the team like him, simple as that, he adds something to the dressing room, and if you ever need a player to shake things (litterally) up a bit he is your guy.

Meh what are you going to do, i think he is being kept around because people on the team like him, simple as that, he adds something to the dressing room, and if you ever need a player to shake things (litterally) up a bit he is your guy.

Oh well, I'll be the first to admit I don't get this one at all. But your reasoning sounds as good as any as to why he's being kept around. I'm at a bit of a loss on this.

Janssen is a good team player and will be used during the regular season against the ranger and flyers.

Hopefully not because we smoked those teams with an affective fourth line. I want to see Cam be the first one on for practice and that is it.

Edited by Zubie#8

Santorelli was put on waivers by the Panthers... too bad he makes $1.6 million, otherwise he'd be a solid pickup for nothing. Just one season removed from 20 goals, still scored 9 last year (albeit with only 2 assists). But that's a lot of money for a player that could get 15 goals or only 5 and isn't very physical.

Sorry, this thought process started when considering possible replacements for Devils 4th liners if they didn't all re-sign.

/tangent

yea but zharkov has shown time and again that he will choke in front of the net, even if the goalie isn't available at the time.

Still infinitely better than choking in front of your OWN net like Boulton and Janssen did shift after shift. The first part of a 4th liners role is to not get scored on - Zharkov handled that, Cam and Boulton did not.