GDT- Devils @ Buffalo 3 PM

eaglejelly

you really want to blame the goalie when we are 2nd last in goals in the conference? im not gonna go on agains about our offensive system everyone knows what i think of it but its ridiculous to blame the goalies.

Goalie's got to bail them out.     Just because the coach takes the teams' best player and puts him on his off wing, even though there's no one to play his natural position, doesn't excuse bad goaltending.    Like I said, he wasn't brutal today (nor was he probably against the Peg), but he is having these awful fvck-ups at really inopportune times and it's causing them to leak points.    He's not up to it right now.   Let's put it this way, one team has Ryan Miller in any state against Moose the way he is right now, which team do you think is winning?

And the worst part is that he has to keep playing.    I can't throw Kinkaid in for one of these next two games, it's probably a 7 spot waiting to happen.    They're not playing well enough to make it easy on the goalie.

Edited by maxpower

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is he is not burying the chances he is getting. He had a glorious chance to tie it up against the Jets, in the 3rd and in the shootout. He has to be a difference maker.

I agree, and so do Clarkson, Elias, Zajac, and the rest of the team not named Loktionov. I just hate it when the buck stops with Kovalchuk. We put him with some young inexperienced, maybe-par players, he doesn't have an Elias or Zajac setting him up, and it's troubling; Lou needs took throw him a bone.

And people need to stop looking at 'bottom feeders' as 'easy' teams. If you expect Buffalo to finish dead last then you are delusional. They have a lot of talent. Ottawa Washington and Winnipeg are playing good, there are no easy teams, especially in a shortened season.

Plus its hockey, any team can beat anyone. Its annoying to read this should be an easy game or that should be an easy game. Its not going to be easy people. Look at every game as the same, every game is going to be important. Easy should not be a word to be thrown around...hopefully the players are not thinking like that as well.

Devils need to take the positives out of this game and move on to Toronto.

Honestly I'm tired of hearing all these teams aren't as bad as their record.  We're exactly not going to be playing worse teams from here in.  These are games we should be winning, or at least not getting beat as badly as they did on Long Island or Washington, or losing to Team IR at home on President's Day.  Buffalo's last in the conference for a reason and they were missing Vanek, to boot!  At this point we're becoming a winnable game for other teams instead of other teams being winnable for us.

I'm gonna get off the computer and do something to clear my head, because I'm still furious at the result of this game.

But there needs to be retribution for this game when they meet next week.  If they want to run around like morons, make them pay for it. 

I second this. Lokti was great again but I need to get off. Time to make some Failure Brownies.

6 points out of a possible 18. That's fvcking awful! To think a month ago we were 1st in the conference.

the east conference is incredibly weak this season, all the usual top teams are struggling. Rangers took a drop, Devils took a drop, Flyers took a drop, Washington took a drop, Florida took a drop and seems like toronto and mtl are overachieving through all of that.

yet we're still 8th in the league... what the fvck is going on lol

Edited by SterioDesign

I think Zubrus absence is affecting us more than we thought it would. He's not a bigtime scorer but contributes on offense, and he's very strong along the boards. Just a solid presence.

And I know Buffalo didn't have Vanek, but we held them to 21 shots in regulation and a whopping 2 shots in overtime. Half of the OT was Buffalo on a 4 on 3 PP. I don't think Buffalo had an odd man rush all game. Brodeur likely wins this game.

Edited by '7'

the east conference is incredibly weak this season, all the usual top teams are struggling. Rangers took a drop, Devils took a drop, Flyers took a drop, Washington took a drop, Florida took a drop and seems like toronto and mtl are overachieving through all of that.

yet we're still 8th in the league... what the fvck is going on lol

Compressed schedule + injuries... teams are going to be all over the place.   That and Chicago is singlehandedly depressing point totals in the West.

I think Zubrus absence is affecting us more than we thought it would. He's not a bigtime scorer but contributes on offense, and he's very strong along the boards. Just a solid presence.

And I know Buffalo didn't have Vanek, but we held them to 21 shots in regulation and a whopping 2 shots in overtime. Half of the OT was Buffalo on a 4 on 3 PP. I don't think Buffalo had an odd man rush all game. Brodeur likely wins this game.

Half of them were quality chances though, the shot total was a little misleading.  Marty would have done better in the shootout than Moose standing like a statue, but it would have been hard to see us scoring anyway.  Especially since for whatever reason they decided to put Henrique in the shootout after he already showed his best shootout move in the third period.

Another interesting thing statistically.   You think Zajac has blown this year?   Kovy only has 2 more points 5 on 5 and got one of the 2 today.   Hmmm.

Really no one has put up a good 5 on 5 total other than Clarkson and Elias.

I wish Pete would give in on this already.

I think Zubrus being out, in addition to Parise being bye bye, our
board game on the wings has taken a big hit - especially on the top two
lines. All the line up slots are out of place and our depth is not
great (hard to be in the cap era).

Travis played well with Zach for a reason. it was a forechecking style, that Kovy isn't. Pete and Lou need to fix that.

Zubbie can't come back fast enough, but until then, I wish there was a way to pick up some talent.

Part of me wishes too while we're reeling a little bit, is to shift some style into a trap-transition game.

Butler, Gionta, Salvador, Zidlicky are all horrow shows .

Edited by HellOnICE

I think Zubrus being out, in addition to Parise being bye bye, our

board game on the wings has taken a big hit - especially on the top two

lines. All the lline up slots are out of place and our depth is not

great (hard to be in the cap era).

Travis played well with Zach for a reason. it was a forechecking style, that Kovy isn't. Pete and Lou need to

Zubbie can't come back fast enough, but until then, I wish there was a way to pick up some talent.

Part of me wishes too while we're reeling a little bit, is to shift some style into a trap-transition game.

Butler, Gionta, Salvador, Zidlicky are all horrow shows .

You're back!!  Where the hell y'all been?

+

Loktionov continues to show is a legit NHL player

The PK

Fayne- dude needs to stay in the lineup

Jr had a hell of a game, including that pass to Loktionov

It was good to see Carter back out there

-

Hedberg. I know he's trying, but he has to stop a shootout attempt

PP

Refs

Salvador/Zidlicky- Can't believe neither has sat out yet

+

Loktionov continues to show is a legit NHL player

The PK

Fayne- dude needs to stay in the lineup

Jr had a hell of a game, including that pass to Loktionov

It was good to see Carter back out there

-

Hedberg. I know he's trying, but he has to stop a shootout attempt

PP

Refs

Salvador/Zidlicky- Can't believe neither has sat out yet

Salvador unfortunately ain't gettin benched w/ that C on his chest no matter how awful he is. Should've never been resigned in the first place 

Ryan Miller will get sh!t when we're home on Thursday, what a fvcking prick for taunting Henrique after his shootout miss.  

We should have been crashing around the crease all day and rattle that little choke artist, but no one got to him. We all gave him space and let him be comfortable.

Miller has been a mediocre goaltender since letting the pathetic softie for Crosby in the Gold Medal game. Hell, take an interference and actually run the skinny, skeleton look alike. It'll put a little sand in the Sabres' pants and we'll 86 the Kaleta show.

I hate losing to Buffalo as much as any Atlantic Team [sans the Manhattan Elitists]