GDT: Rangers @ Devils - 7PM

nick17112

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that wasn't what I expected - I was texting with sundstrom during the game, I said the Rangers have no heart and Renney's going to be fired by the end of the year. I said this after the Devils' 5th goal, which was caused by a terrible Gomez turnover, then Zherdev didn't really feel much like backchecking so he didn't, and the Devils threw it in. Then the comeback. But after that the Devils kind of said - 'oh right - offense' - and poured it on.

Terrible, terrible officiating job in this game. 9 to 4 in power plays for the Rangers? Complete farce. The only thing that makes up for it was that 4th goal scored by New Jersey when Lundqvist pretty clearly had the puck frozen. Either way, it seemed like any time there should've been coincedental penalties, the Rangers got a power play.

Wade Redden is terrible. -4 and he deserved every one. Even though Rolston is looking slow and not very good, I think the Devils picked the right guy this off-season.

Dainius Zubrus has been legitimately tremendous - all 3 of his unit had a down year last season and are now going to have 'up' years. Gionta's even playing really well, which I couldn't've believed after last season.

I hope we see Weekes tomorrow - Clemmensen was okay but that 4th goal was awful and he was letting up bad rebounds all game.

What a game, man do I love watching Holik and Elias out there. Hopefully Zajac is alright, dont think he would play tomorrow though :unsure: Great win for the Devils, 6 games on the Rags and just 6 points behind. For all of you who said the Devils would not make the playoffs without Marty, shame on you. This team has something special, and we will only get better when Marty comes back.

Forever:

LETS GO DEVILS

RANGERS SUCK: HEEEENNNNNNNRIIIIKKKKK

Man, what a nutty game. We completely collapse, and after the Rangers score the 5th goal to tie it up, it's like BOOM- we flick the switch back on. Obviously a bad job by Clemmer on those two 3rd period goals- both were absolutely horrible, especially the 4th. Not happy with the let-down obviously either but hey, we beat the Rangers, we hung 8 on the Queen, and we did it in regulation to boot. HUGE win. I said going in that this was a measuring stick game and while it turned out to be way more difficult than it should've been, we won and that's all that matters- and hopefully Zajac is okay. So with all that said- Eat sh*t Queen Henrik!! :boogie: