73 replies to this topic

#21 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

I don't believe that is true at all. Care to share a link or interview that says that.

He originally made it pretty clear in his interview on NHL live right after the signing. In response to a question of him wanting to go play with Suter, he said, something along the lines of, "We were talking about it during the season but then of course when the Stanley Cup Finals come around, you don't want to do that as much."

It's been reported several times, but it's pretty impressive that Parise did, very late in the process, ask for the deals to be altered so that he and Suter would have the exact same financial structure. He took less -- and made his buddy a little bit more.

QFT. - bc this point was disputed a lot around here.

Edited by ben00rs, 18 July 2012 - 12:01 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#22 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

He originally made it pretty clear in his interview on NHL live right after the signing. In response to a question of him wanting to go play with Suter, he said, something along the lines of, "We were talking about it during the season but then of course when the Stanley Cup Finals come around, you don't want to do that as much."

That doesn't imply he was talking about it during the Cup Finals. But now it's time to play 'dissect what the athlete said off-the-cuff and read into it'.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#23 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

That doesn't imply he was talking about it during the Cup Finals. But now it's time to play 'dissect what the athlete said off-the-cuff and read into it'.

I agree. Although, the playoffs is bad enough. I was just pointing out the correct quote of what MB was referring to. To be honest, IMO Parise himself seemed to catch himself in the interview and said the last part to save himself from media and fan backlash. Either way no one is dissecting anything. He said this straight out in an interview and he was clearly discussing it deep into the playoffs. Whether or not you want to think that is a bad thing or not is a whole different story.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#24 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Nice fluff piece to make it seem it was so agonizing for him to leave :blahblah:

I was expecting these to come out and this will not be the last in a long line.

What it boils down to is Parise wanted to go to Minnesota with Suter. He became Suter's bitchboy over the past season and hung his future up on what his boyfriend wanted to do. I do not care how he wants to spin it and I really do not care anymore about Parise or what he did. It's in the past and now I just want to focus on the Devils upcoming season and wondering when the hell the equipment sale is.

he's dead to me...dead I tell ya!
LET'S GO DEVILS!

#25 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

The article linked to in the story also:

http://www.startribu...=1&c=y#continue

In Ontario, inside a conference room that Parise dubbed the "war room," the agents meticulously went through every team and offer with Parise. They assessed, deliberated, researched and called back teams for more information.

For each team, there was a list of 12-15 criteria that Parise prioritized -- everything from hockey operations, ownership stability, travel, taxation and lifestyle to the on-ice product and the organization's prospects.

Monday afternoon, Arnott educated Parise about the Wild's blue-chip prospects, from Mikael Granlund and Charlie Coyle to Jonas Brodin and Matt Dumba.

"When you're looking at committing the next 13 years of your life, you have to think bigger picture than just the current NHL talent," Arnott said. "How will things look five, six, seven, eight years from now?"

Late Monday afternoon, 36 hours in, Parise said to Arnott: "You know what? I think now's the juncture I'd like to really check in with [Suter] and see what he's thinking."

To make the Minnesota contracts identical, Parise actually took less than the Wild had offered him.

Also, not trolling, just thought these articles were interesting.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 18 July 2012 - 12:31 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#26 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

What it boils down to is Parise wanted to go to Minnesota with Suter. He became Suter's bitchboy over the past season and hung his future up on what his boyfriend wanted to do. I do not care how he wants to spin it and I really do not care anymore about Parise or what he did. It's in the past and now I just want to focus on the Devils upcoming season and wondering when the hell the equipment sale is.

Yeah, you care so little that you posted in this thread six more times after this.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#27 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

oops … See, stuff like this, that you all ignore from me, is why I need to stay retired.

I will also add again - you can't create a home with a buddy - you need a certain level of discomfort to win. It's all too cozy. This is permission to fail. MN, I think, sees that now and all this sunshine has to be blown to cover the pretty huge price they just paid for two solid pieces who will train their prospects to play solid (not necessarily WIN) all the while hamstring the team, leaving them unable to retain these fabu prospects just when they get useful. Suter and Parise are not Elias, not Langenbrunner. They are not seasoned vets and they do NOT have the hunger to win required - if they did they woudn't have decided to go HOME. The buddy isn't the tell-all safety net -- the geographic location says it all. Thus, they don't bring enough to the table and they are sucking down the resources for years to come.

Retired? LOL What's that all about?

Re: Zach. If the situation was reversed and he left the successful Wild to come home to New Jersey -- and brought Suter with him -- wouldn't we all be lauding him as Jersey's hero? I know I would.

Edited by 95Crash, 18 July 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#28 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

I don't care what ZP does or says. I am going to hate the living sh!t out of him until Nov 11th where I will boo the living sh!t out of him. Then when I wake up on Nov 12th, he'll be dead to me. Just another NHL player with the objective of beating us.

#29 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, you care so little that you posted in this thread six more times after this.

Glad to see you again running to the rescue of your buddy.

#30 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Re: Zach. If the situation was reversed and he left the successful Wild to come home to New Jersey -- and brought Suter with him -- wouldn't we all be lauding him as Jersey's hero? I know I would.

Exactly... and the Minnesota fans would absolutely hate him for it... and RIGHTFULLY so. We're in that position now.

#31 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Glad to see you again running to the rescue of your buddy.

Glad to see you once again sticking up for your arguments on their own merits, instead of running to attack people right away.

#32 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

I really do not care anymore about Parise or what he did. It's in the past and now I just want to focus on the Devils upcoming season and wondering when the hell the equipment sale is.

Couldn't agree more. The grieving period is over for me. Life moves on as this organization is bigger than any 1 person. It will suck seeing him playing for MN from now on, but nothing we can do or say will change it. He made up his mind, and hopefully he comes to regret his decision.
Posted Image

#33 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Glad to see you once again sticking up for your arguments on their own merits, instead of running to attack people right away.

This was your first response to me when I was not even talking to you:

What? This is it. Hockey writers don't work during the summer. If the Wild play the Devils next year, we'll get some articles on it. Otherwise, this is the last word until then.

DevsMan: LOL. did you read the article? No.

You even went back and edited to add that last jab at me from your high horse. Keep trying to play the victim card there rainman.

Edited by DevsMan84, 18 July 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#34 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

:e-drama:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#35 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

This was your first response to me when I was not even talking to you:

It's a message board. Everyone is talking to everyone. How do you not understand this after how many posts you have? And yet it's clear you don't.

You even went back and edited to add that last jab at me from your high horse. Keep trying to play the victim card there rainman.

It's like you're programmed to troll poorly - I hadn't read your latest post when I posted that, that's why I added it. I'm not playing the victim card. I'm just saying that your statements are sometimes indefensible and when they are, you go to the well with standard insults. That's all. I guess I should understand by now that message boards attract this sort of argument. (and that I've done this before, so it's not like I'm above it)

Edited by Triumph, 18 July 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#36 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

It's a message board. Everyone is talking to everyone. How do you not understand this after how many posts you have? And yet it's clear you don't.

It's like you're programmed to troll poorly - I hadn't read your latest post when I posted that, that's why I added it. I'm not playing the victim card. I'm just saying that your statements are sometimes indefensible and when they are, you go to the well with standard insults. That's all. I guess I should understand by now that message boards attract this sort of argument. (and that I've done this before, so it's not like I'm above it)

And you have mastered the Mr. Message Board Know-It-All to a T. Every board has one, and you are it. All of your posts towards me always start or end with some subtle jab from your high horse. It's not hard to miss.

And you are programmed to have the same 2 theories on anyone who disagrees with you or calls you out; either you call them a troll or you assume they are hiding behind another ID. You went right to the first one since I've first been on here over 2 years ago. How dare I ever question you! :rolleyes:

I really do try to completely skip and not respond to any of your posts. I think I've done pretty well since this only happens every few months and we both post quite a bit here. However when you directly start this crap with me don't get pissed when I make you look foolish.

Edited by DevsMan84, 18 July 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#37 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,393 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Just to close this out - I'm pretty unbending in how I see things. If I were a Wild fan -- 1) leonisis would have nearly traumafied me out of fandom. 2) I am VERY adamant about this - contented player = weaker player. When I see a prospect is too happy outside of hockey - I worry.

No, I would not be pleased hometown boy comes home and brings BFF. My happy take is that I'd sell it as a wash - these guys are content and can train our kids. Their sincere talk about making this team better would actually irritate me, it's one thing to lie to the public in a press conferences -- it's a whole other kettle of fish to be lying to yourself.

I do not doubt their sincerity - but they are kidding themselves.

It would be one thing if I was wrong once in a while about this stuff. I'd support every TLDR response I get -- but I'm right.

(Dear lawrd -- While the contrarian and the statistician pollute the thread with MORE mindless kneejerk arguing -- just what the board needs -- then act like I'm some sort of out of touch a$$hole who contributes nothing to the board beyond mindless illgotten psycho-blather and smilies. :doh1:)

Edited by Pepperkorn, 18 July 2012 - 02:41 PM.

I'm here for the party

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

And you have mastered the Mr. Message Board Know-It-All to a T. Every board has one, and you are it. All of your posts towards me always start or end with some subtle jab from your high horse. It's not hard to miss.

If I left, you'd step right into my spot, though. That's the irony about all these debates. I don't remember ever seeing you admit you're wrong, but I'm the know-it-all. It's often the dudes who can't stand not being the authority on things who get the most upset by my posting.

And you are programmed to have the same 2 theories on anyone who disagrees with you or calls you out; either you call them a troll or you assume they are hiding behind another ID. You went right to the first one since I've first been on here over 2 years ago. How dare I ever question you! :rolleyes:

I am fine with people disagreeing with me, as I've disagreed with people like Daniel, sundstrom, dr33, Devils731, RowdyFan, DevinLA, MantaRay, maxpower, Jas0nMacIsaac, ^7^, CR1976, Pepperkorn, etc. etc. and pretty much a huge number of people over the years without calling them a troll, or likewise. (Well, okay, I think I called ^7^ a troll lots back in the day). And when I think people are hiding behind another ID, I have been right. I've also been wrong, but I've been right more often than I've been wrong. I have no problem with being disagreed with, nor do I think it's a defect of others when they do - it's a message board, people have opinions, and I'm gonna be wrong about stuff a lot just like everyone else.

I really do try to completely skip and not respond to any of your posts. I think I've done pretty well since this only happens every few months and we both post quite a bit here. However when you directly start this crap with me don't get pissed when I make you look foolish.

That's fine, I keep you on ignore but when you have the first 2 posts in the thread, tough for me not to click. Just go to the well with more insults and we can wrap this up.

#39 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

If I left, you'd step right into my spot, though. That's the irony about all these debates. I don't remember ever seeing you admit you're wrong, but I'm the know-it-all. It's often the dudes who can't stand not being the authority on things who get the most upset by my posting.

I am fine with people disagreeing with me, as I've disagreed with people like Daniel, sundstrom, dr33, Devils731, RowdyFan, DevinLA, MantaRay, maxpower, Jas0nMacIsaac, ^7^, CR1976, Pepperkorn, etc. etc. and pretty much a huge number of people over the years without calling them a troll, or likewise. (Well, okay, I think I called ^7^ a troll lots back in the day). And when I think people are hiding behind another ID, I have been right. I've also been wrong, but I've been right more often than I've been wrong. I have no problem with being disagreed with, nor do I think it's a defect of others when they do - it's a message board, people have opinions, and I'm gonna be wrong about stuff a lot just like everyone else.

That's fine, I keep you on ignore but when you have the first 2 posts in the thread, tough for me not to click. Just go to the well with more insults and we can wrap this up.

I have admitted I was wrong countless times and apologized in the past to other members if I was in the wrong. If you do not believe me then do what you have told me many times to do and use the search button.

Out of over 5k members on this board and probably 100 or so who actively partipate daily, you have disagreed with about a dozen without calling them a troll. Congrats. I think I might have called maybe a handful of people here trolls, and most if not all are banned.

You may think that when you disagree with me you are doing it civilly, but every single one of your posts towards me always include some snide remark towards me personally. It's fine, you've hated me since I've been on here and you have done that to countless others who have disagreed with you. Again do what you tell me to do all the time and use the search button to verify this.

Anyways I am done. I really do not have the time or patience to fight this war of attrition with you. If it makes you feel better, then you win. Thank you.

#40 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Exactly... and the Minnesota fans would absolutely hate him for it... and RIGHTFULLY so. We're in that position now.

Oh believe me, I hear where you're coming from. It bothered me, too, that he left the Devils.

Just to close this out - I'm pretty unbending in how I see things. If I were a Wild fan -- 1) leonisis would have nearly traumafied me out of fandom. 2) I am VERY adamant about this - contented player = weaker player. When I see a prospect is too happy outside of hockey - I worry.

No, I would not be pleased hometown boy comes home and brings BFF. My happy take is that I'd sell it as a wash - these guys are content and can train our kids. Their sincere talk about making this team better would actually irritate me, it's one thing to lie to the public in a press conferences -- it's a whole other kettle of fish to be lying to yourself.

I do not doubt their sincerity - but they are kidding themselves.

It would be one thing if I was wrong once in a while about this stuff. I'd support every TLDR response I get -- but I'm right.

(Dear lawrd -- While the contrarian and the statistician pollute the thread with MORE mindless kneejerk arguing -- just what the board needs -- then act like I'm some sort of out of touch a$hole who contributes nothing to the board beyond mindless illgotten psycho-blather and smilies. :doh1:)

I'm not getting how you came to the conclusion that Zach doesn't have the required hunger to win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users