• Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets
    • No, tickets are too expensive
    • No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better
    • No (other)

Great atmosphere

sh!t performance by the team....

I think we still lose if Cory started

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these every 4-5 years

I think we'll see another one. Maybe not next year but the year after.

Overall the event was a success. 

I can see them doing one at Citi Field 

Yeah, there were lots of Devils fans there - it was great.

Until people started leaving after the second period.  I mean, I get it..it was cold, Rangers fans were really starting to pour it on..but it was still disappointing to see a lot of the red leave the stadium.

Until people started leaving after the second period. I mean, I get it..it was cold, Rangers fans were really starting to pour it on..but it was still disappointing to see a lot of the red leave the stadium.

I decided to leave about 10 minutes into the third - as we were leaving we stopped and watched Stepan's goal on the concourse and then continued on our way. I was in the bleachers and really didn't think i'd make it past the first and I was layered up pretty well and even brought a blanket. When our friends ordered hot chocolate it wasn't even hot by the time it got to them. It was friggen cold out.

I can't speak for anyone else - I did have a blast - and the score didn't influence my reason to leave. I just simply couldnt take the cold. My buddies who just moved back from an army base in Alaska struggled too. It was rough. Once my feet went completely numb I knew it was time to go.

Edited by sykkie15

Yeah, there were lots of Devils fans there - it was great.

Until people started leaving after the second period. I mean, I get it..it was cold, Rangers fans were really starting to pour it on..but it was still disappointing to see a lot of the red leave the stadium.

I left but I was paranoid about the snow as much as anything else, really did not want to drive home a half hour from the train station on hideous roads, but I'm not going to lie there was a bit of 'if they're not going to try then I ain't dealing with this crap another hour' bitterness involved too (the Devils quit long before the fans did) and the weather was mild for me considering I was under an overhang. Had to be worse the more exposed you were or the higher up you went.

Plus driving in was a joke from what I heard, really can't blame people for beating the traffic in that case either.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I left but I was paranoid about the snow as much as anything else, really did not want to drive home a half hour from the train station on hideous roads, but I'm not going to lie there was a bit of 'if they're not going to try then I ain't dealing with this crap another hour' bitterness involved too (the Devils quit long before the fans did) and the weather was mild for me considering I was under an overhang. Had to be worse the more exposed you were or the higher up you went.

Plus driving in was a joke from what I heard, really can't blame people for beating the traffic in that case either.

I don't think it was an effort thing. Lot of bad pinching in and some bad goals. The ice was pretty bad to get a comeback going. 

The Devils put 3 goals on the board in the blink of an eye...then Brodeur broke their backs. My god if it was even 4-3 heading into the 3rd it's still a game and reason to stick around.

I can't blame the team. They were shellshocked. When can you ever remember a Devils game where we were up 3-1 in the 1st and down 6-3 before the 2nd even ended

What do people plan to do with their SS stuff, especially since this was not a pleasant result as a Devils fan? Wear it? Stash it for collectible purposes?  I didn't buy anything SS related on purpose outside of a few shirts when they first came out. One, I figured a lot of it would go on sale afterwards and 2) since this stuff is not cheap, if they lost, it would be good money spent to have a reminder of a loss to the Rangers that we are all bound to hear for a long time regardless. I'm still glad the Devils participated in this event and i was able to attend, but that game still really stings. Maybe time will help and i can talk myself into one of those red parkas.....

Edited by TheRedStorm

I didn't buy a single piece of SS merchandise, I just have my ticket and that's all I need.  Those parkas were decent though, how much were those going for? The coaches jackets are $599 on Shop.NHL.com, what a joke.

The parka style jackets were $110 and only available at the Devils Den

VERY LIMITED quantities of those made.

I love the coaches jackets, but that price is a complete joke

I didn't buy any merch, but I had a great time at the event and am planning to hang onto our tickets and maybe frame them with one (or some) of the pics we took. Obviously I wish we'd have won, and I'd have had even more fun if that had been the case. But I'm not going to let the outcome of the game overshadow the experience of having been there.

Those Devils Stadium Series hats/scarves have too much green on them IMO. I would've liked them a lot more if red was the predominant color like it is with the retro jerseys.

Still, though, I am tempted to get them to go along with my retro jersey.

Those Devils Stadium Series hats/scarves have too much green on them IMO. I would've liked them a lot more if red was the predominant color like it is with the retro jerseys.

Still, though, I am tempted to get them to go along with my retro jersey.

good luck finding them enless your going to pay a ridiculous ebay price